• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa Street 3 images (OMGWTF)

It's totaly weird looking but I like it, makes a change to just another football game.

They got rooney a bit too correct though, needs more editing :lol

Lobster

Banned
At first I was like haha that looks ridiculous but by going down and looking at the rest of the pics, it looks quite nice. A good change IMO.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
My favorite parts:

ghfh.jpg

:lol

But I think this is better than whatever forgettable style (that I forgot) they had for the last game.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
alterno69 said:
I guess it`s something like new gen and last gen thing.

Jim Crowe gen mode confirmed? lulz

I didn't know cisse was on the national team anymore (or that guy on the right...kalou?). What happend to my boy Saha?

Banned
That shit's all kinds of wrong.

BRUCE: "Hey Billy, we need to spruce up our look for this year"
BILLY: "Uhhhh, innernets says Team Fortress art style is 'awesome'"
BRUCE: "Well, get on it, LETS GET RELEVENT! STREET LEVEL STYLE!"
BILLY: "OMG BRUCE! STREET!
BRUCE: "STREET."

The faces are fucked, if they're going to do this, go the whole way.

Soccer: MANS GAME
1443_0005.jpg

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
THE KNEES,............ THE KNEES!!!!!!!!

What knees?

And no, the faces drop out of 'character' to the bodystyle. If you're going to stylize to the point of removing knees, take it to the face.

arne

congrats. they made ronaldinho look less ugly.

yes i went there.

also lol wut at all of the caricatures as it is. also looks too clean, not as gritty as "street" implies.

Looks like the tacky famous footballers caricatures that used to be popular somehow.
Players are going to sue them over this. :lol Except Peter Crouch, because he looks photo-realistic.

I MUST see this in action, if the animation and gameplay are as over the top as I think they are, this might be a huge hit. My first reacion was LULZ but then I kept looking, and realized I LIKE IT.

I mean, come on.. It's not like bubbleheads in Sensible Soccer looked realistic. Over the top/humorous/fun gameplay was where it's at and I see huge potential in this.

hooijdonk17 said:
I MUST see this in action, if the animation and gameplay are as over the top as I think they are, this might be a huge hit. My first reacion was LULZ but then I kept looking, and realized I LIKE IT.

I mean, come on.. It's not like bubbleheads in Sensible Soccer looked realistic. Over the top/humorous/fun gameplay was where it's at and I see huge potential in this.

Man i know nothing about soccer like how many attackers or whatever the hell there are to call an offside, but jeez to i really want to try this game it looks really fun.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
deepbrown said:
Reread my edit. The character exaggeration of their shape is very French.

I mean look at their calf muscles and skinny knees lol

tobson.jpg

I think that would have been a good point if they had actually taken more of that cartoon's style to heart. Yes, he has huge calf muscles, but there is a reason why he has those, as there is a reason why the man behind him is basically a cuboid shape with arms.

EVERY character has a different shape, from the festively plump to the rather skinny, and they have failed to emulate this in the style for this game - all it is is that they have taken the same gangly-limbed shape, moved the "girth" slider all the way up for Rooney and all the way down for Crouch, and given them a new head. It's a very loose attempt at style for the game, and it isn't something that I think even fits the urban environment that the game appears to be in either.

It's a case of nice idea, shame about the execution. Better luck next time, EA!

masud

Banned
That actually looks pretty cool...
Much better design than it used to have at least. We need more abstraction in the industry.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Interestingly enough, Schweinsteiger looks like his real life counter-part!

Yea. I went there.

KingJ2002

i like it... i agree the knees are a bit wierd but like previously said... this game looks great in motion and the style is alot better than the previous... i wish EA did this with all their EA Big sports franchises.

Dali

KingJ2002 said:
i like it... i agree the knees are a bit wierd but like previously said... this game looks great in motion and the style is alot better than the previous... i wish EA did this with all their EA Big sports franchises.

NBA and NFL Street both have always had highly stylized characters, or are you referring to just this style.

Top Bottom