• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Switch Info (includes Ultimate Team, missing The Journey, has PBR rendering)

Griss

fifa18-switchpage-yourway-lg-2x.jpg

I don't give a shit about 'The Journey' but if it looks anything like this poor then I'm out.

Kovacs

Aside from the quite obviously resized low-res screenshot (just look at the UI) I don't know why anyone would imagine that this will look terrible.

Even the Vita didn't look that bad, and neither did the later last gen versions - or the that matter the Wii U version. We know the Switch is more powerful than each of them, so not sure where this is coming from.

Rodin

Aside from the quite obviously resized low-res screenshot (just look at the UI) I don't know why anyone would imagine that this will look terrible.

Even the Vita didn't look that bad, and neither did the later last gen versions - or the that matter the Wii U version. We know the Switch is more powerful than each of them, so not sure where this is coming from.

Concern trolling and jumping to conclusions. Same old.

1080/60 docked and 720/60 undocked, Ignite and FUT is the best we could hope for since we knew they wouldn't bring Frostbite for this year. Hopefully gameplay is good, i might bite in that case.

Chauzu

Sounds like all I wanted. Online seasons was the only must for me and with that confirmed my purchase is secured.

I don't give a shit about 'The Journey' but if it looks anything like this poor then I'm out.
To be out on a game, don't you first need to be in on the system?
As a Wii U owner who has already played BotW, Mario Kart 8, Lego City, Pokken and Splatoon I'm not sold on it yet. But I expected that, and for e3 to be the deciding factor in when I get once. So I'm holding tight till Tuesday and we'll see what happens.

But I need a big holiday game other than Mario and some impressive VC details to bring me on board.

Plus, that's clearly a shoped screenshot. You can clearly see the borders of the "screen" being aliased, which is impossible, doesn't matter the screen.

Bert

That's so obvious not the actual game played on Switch that I can't understand how people can even start to believe that.

If you don't want people to think your shitty low res screenshot is representative of the game, don't use it in your promotional shots of the game?

Griss

To be out on a game, don't you first need to be in on the system?

Plus, that's clearly a shoped screenshot. You can clearly see the borders of the "screen" being aliased, which is impossible, doesn't matter the screen.

No, as a huge Nintendo fan I do intend to buy a Switch sometime and as a football/soccer game buyer this would be a potential purchase. I'm still a potential customer here.

That's so obvious not the actual game played on Switch that I can't understand how people can even start to believe that.

I agree its a shopped shot, but there's no telling what kind of port work they've done. It could indeed look this bad. Who knows? All I'm saying is that if it DOES look this bad, I'm out.

conpfreak

They're being disingenuous marketing it as the most advanced portable FIFA. Well, duh the hardware is more than capable to deliver an experience that of the console versions.

EDarkness

If you don't want people to think your shitty low res screenshot is representative of the game, don't use it in your promotional shots of the game?

The goal with that shot is not to play up the graphics, but to show the portability. Just wait for actual screens and footage before going crazy.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

One to pretend to be interested in good graphics and yet to be fooled by such an image says more about that one than about the game.

You can't read the players' name properly, you can't read any text and there's aliasing on the edges of the screen.

Skyzard

Banned
You don't think that's an actual photo of someone playing it right? With the literally unreadable text because of how badly scaled the source picture is and everything.

Please learn to read. The game is 720p undocked (i.e. native res). That is clearly a poor quality screenshot superimposed on a Switch image.

How do you mess up a screenshot :S

EA must care so little to use that as a promotional shot.

I figured it would have Ultimate Team. It makes EA too much money for it not to be included. Seems like a better port than I thought it would be though.

Zedark

Sure yeah I hope not, but they put that shot out there so it's what we've got so far, etc.

There should be a reasonable limit to that. The text is literally illegible, you can't go and say "it's all we have, so this is what the Switch version looks like until proven otherwise."

You people are gaming enthusiast on a gaming enthusiast forum that know all about bullshots, screenshots and resolutions and you think that screenshot is the actual game on Switch?

I think yall are concern trolling or just plain stupid.

Bert

Am I the only one a little concerned by the wording "a robust FUT"?

"Robust" sounds like cut down to me, maybe I'm just paranoid.

J@hranimo

Banned
Why not wait for gameplay footage? Stop judging the game on some shitty superimposed screen. FFS, people.

This info so far is impressing me compared to their previous efforts. I don't play FIFA games at all but have been following this in a curious way to see how they would approach the system.

As someone said a page back, best put your money where your mouth is. If it sells well, who knows? Maybe next year's game will have a single player mode as well.

Keinning

How do you mess up a screenshot :S

EA must care so little to use that as a promotional shot.

"EA cares so little look at the graphics"
"It's not an ingame screenshot"
"EA cares so little they dont even had the effort to put a real screenshot on an article they havent published"

You people just want an excuse to bash EA and their lack of future support at this point

Never bought a Fifa game before and I'm not familiar with soccer either.

Do these games have a tutorial mode to help you understand the sport, or do you have to have a solid grasp of it to play it in the first place?

Top Bottom