• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA tells broadcasters to stop showing cutaways of attractive female fans during World Cup matches

llien

Is someone honestly pushing "if not this, more women would play football!"?
Surprised nobody is after cheerleaders yet.

Don't they just zoom in for a few seconds though? What use is that going to be for male viewers?
But what is the problem of something being of use for male viewers?

I feel like women enjoy seeing attractive men also.
It's not the same though.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

dolabla

BREAKING: The person behind this rule has been identified. I repeat, the person behind this rule has been identified:

CgN4qDuUsAAHfCt.jpg

:p

llien

That said, I feel operators do seek for something broadcast worthy and it is quite often female beauty what they find.

BREAKING: The person behind this rule has been identified. I repeat, the person behind this rule has been identified:
Your post is terrible.

Breakage

Is someone honestly pushing "if not this, more women would play football!"?
Surprised nobody is after cheerleaders yet.

But what is the problem of something being of use for male viewers?
Nothing –in my view. They don't even focus on the women long enough for men to ogle them (which is what they are presumably trying to combat). It's literally 10 seconds.

dolabla

That said, I feel operators do seek for something broadcast worthy and it is quite often female beauty what they find.

Your post is terrible.

I'm only kidding :)

Although I wouldn't be surprised considering how ridiculous this rule is

Last edited:

dudeforce93

Neo Member
What about ugly women? Why should attractive women get all the attention?

It's not ok to discriminate based on race.

It's not ok to discriminate based on someone's sexuality.

But it's ok to discriminate against ugly people.

Double standards.

Seems ridiculous and unenforceable. Are they going to have an ugly vs attractive people quota? Maybe show one attractive person for every ten uglies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I can‘t help but watch this whole movement with amusement. Give it a few more years and men will be so fed up with this shit, women will have to hit on us men. Fine with me to be honest.

At the end of the day I think that women will suffer much more from all this as they are naturally much more social than we men.

BANGS

Banned
What about ugly women? Why should attractive women get all the attention?

It's not ok to discriminate based on race.

It's not ok to discriminate based on someone's sexuality.

But it's ok to discriminate against ugly people.

Double standards.
By logic, it would be ok for them to show attractive women so long as they also show ugly women. But this ruling says they can't show any attractive women...

Azzurri

I mean why do you think these Women dress sexy? It's to get the camera time, they know what they're doing.

I can see if the dude is just sitting on her for mins, but it's literally a few seconds.

TimFL

You know they kind of have a point. I can remember several matches where the local broadcasting of the match focused on the same (good looking) woman several times throughout the match, for at the very least 10 seconds each time. Even during situations where you kind of want to see what's going on in the match.
One incident was during a heated debate where my dad and I wanted to see the referees reaction, but we instead got to see a woman smiling at the camera for 10 seconds. I don't remember which match though, because it pretty much happens in every match.

I am not fond of showing the audience, keep the focus on the action. That's what I'm tuning in for anyways, not for the drunken people with make up yelling at the camera, or the victoria secret models with teeth brighter than my future.

Top Bottom