• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousteau said:
USA VS Sweden rematch

As an American I would root for that, because the US outplayed Sweden the whole second half of that first match and just ran out of time to get an equalizer.

As a neutral, I'd think that USA v. Japan would be a better match. Plus Japan reaching the final would be such a good story for that nation.

Bread

Banned
I love how Alex Morgan plays out there, you always see her sprinting for the ball just to challenge the keeper/defenders, and she's always ready for a through ball for a breakaway.
And she's hot

xbhaskarx said:
Rooting for Japan, unfortunately I think Sweden will dominate.

They better find a new goalkeeper first.

They have one, apparently. The commentator said something about them having someone who was probably more skilled, but the coach felt it was more important to keep a cohesive unit tgether (I think maybe the better keeper was coming off of injury and didn't play in qualification?). If that's right, that manager has a whole lot of egg on his face right now.

vilmer_

weekend_warrior said:
Alex Morgan is such a hottie.

rpkLf.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus.

Rapinoe should start judging by her last couple of performances.

Great touch on the ball, patient, great crosses, etc.

But I don't care what they do on the left as much as the right - O'Reilly is awful.

W1SSY

Simplet said:
Bah gg you yanks

Still wonder about that goal Thinet scored after she stole the ball from the keeper but eh
Never scored a goal, they stopped the play before anything happened.

$200

Banned
France was the better team imo. That incident with the knocking the ball off the keeper could easily have been a penalty and a yellow.

Clydefrog

Heretic said:
I'll go! Oh, "friends"... I'll just watch from home...

I'll let you know what bar we go to and you can stalk me!

hahaahaha

nah, we usually go to Rudy's on the peninsula in Newport Beach. they had a great crowd for the mens world cup last year.

Heretic

Haha I like watching the games in the comfort of my own home. I get too roudy... by the way, the galaxy tickets are for Sept. 17 if i remember correctly. I might have 2 to give you if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom