• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
And now we remember JUN saying Millia was weak in Xrd.

I really do think Jam has some issues considering AA after the parry nerf. Frame traps... not too sure about that yet. I'll need to see players integrate 2S more and also j2K whiff to do "fake" frame traps. Also I'm going to need someone to clear up Jam's 236236H for me. It looks worse to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

It just feels off for me. I know there's a bit of extra delay but not just that. Just feels odd.

I heard there's somethings that work on the 360 version but don't work on the PS4 version and vice versa.

I also don't know why Mago didn't try ex. dashing on wakeup to get away from the splash pressure. He'd be able to escape the splash and ex Q bomb. Not the grab tho
I can respect that.

It's possible that she'll be CF's boss, but will be time released a few weeks after the game for her playable version. They'll probably do a loketest for her too.
Hmm. Based on your crystal ball, when will that be?

4r5

*weak frame traps
Doesn't everything Jam does chain into 2P or 5K? Unless 5K is no longer +1 on block, I don't see how this is true.

*weak antiairs
She has great mobility, plus a parry. I would say, prior to Xrd, she had incredible antiair, without ever needing to use her parry.

*weak oki
I've never felt like Jam had good oki to begin with.

Sounds like the usual I-like-what-I-was-doing-before venting. Jam has always had lots of tools to approach antiairing and frametrapping with, sounds like they're finnally getting around to making you use those other tools.

A balance patch is def going to be coming around. If Jam is weak, then it's better to be weak before a patch. I predict Johnny nerfs.

Rhapsody

Banned
Jam's stuff is definitely too early. Like 4r5, I definitely find it weird mentioning oki. Jam didn't really have anything good to begin with after knockdown. Hence cards, and then get ready to open them up again. Same goes for frame traps, I'm skeptical on it being bad. AA, I guess I need to see how her 6P is now? Parry followups look slow judging by the framedata if it's all accurate. 2H is different, so I have no clue how suitable of an AA that is right now.

I can respect that.

Hmm. Based on your crystal ball, when will that be?

I want to assume a November release for the arcade BBCF. I think they've done 3 loketests so far?
Maybe they'll do one more in October and announce the release date around then.

Swarna

Who has the fastest walk speed in 3S? I'm doing direct comparisons on two monitors with SF4 and 3S just out of curiosity. Would speed up the process a lot if anyone knew. So far I've found that E. Ryu was probably modeled after 3S Ryu. Exact same movements, except for a slightly slower back dash. Their shoto normals are all very similar but notably his cr. MK has slightly more range with less recovery than 3S Ryu.

shaowebb

Just got bored, went to ebay and typed "Fighting game Japan" and started looking up footage of anything I hadn't heard of before. Holy crap is this a wild ride.

Groove on Fight= what in the hell is up with these tag partner walk cycles in the background? For that matter evil giant baby head in background too...

Sunday vs magazine= some sorta crossover fighting game with anime...and also Tiger Mask from New Japan Wrestling. Why is Ippo, Devilman, and Kenichi fighting Tigermask?

Sunday vs magazine= some sorta crossover fighting game with anime...and also Tiger Mask from New Japan Wrestling. Why is Ippo, Devilman, and Kenichi fighting Tigermask?
Because there is no financial interest in making a fighting game based on original IP. So sometimes license owners look into getting a game for their franchises and that turns out to be a fighting game.

Sometimes it's Naruto and Jojos and whatever this is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-Stars_Victory_VS

Sometimes the corporation controlling the franchise is slightly more invested in the whole deal and you get something like Gundam Versus.

Edit: Fighting games and something akin to fighting games is a pretty good fit for character specific stuff I guess. Especially when it's based on IPs who's target demographic are a bunch of boys since that usually means there is a lot of fighting or punching and other shit. It lets you have a bunch of character specific focus without actually spending more time developing a character action game. You get the character models, get some of their iconic moves and properties animated into the game, get the VO and you are set. Spend the bare minimum of time actually play testing and balancing stuff. Character action games would probably require level design, enemy design, boss design, and you wouldn't be able to cram nearly as many characters in this decreasing your potential audience.

jerry1594

Who has the fastest walk speed in 3S? I'm doing direct comparisons on two monitors with SF4 and 3S just out of curiosity. Would speed up the process a lot if anyone knew. So far I've found that E. Ryu was probably modeled after 3S Ryu. Exact same movements, except for a slightly slower back dash. Their shoto normals are all very similar but notably his cr. MK has slightly more range with less recovery than 3S Ryu.
Probably Ibuki

shaowebb

Lol. Just bought Sunday vs Magazine when I saw friggin Cromartie High Mechazawa is in it. No way am I not playing this insanity now.

EDIT: huh...apparently Groove on Fight is part of the Matrimelee games. No wonder its bizarre lol.

Claw's walk speed in ST is fun.

In 2002UM Hero Mode May Lee's sweep is a couple kilometers long and -3 on block because this is KOF and bottom tiers need bullshit.

We also love K's similarily long sweep having a special/whiff cancel into fireball for safety and jumpout protection, Kasumi's -2 sweep and Nameless' 2C that's three kilometers long and + on block.

Claw's walk speed in ST is fun.

In 2002UM Hero Mode May Lee's sweep is a couple kilometers long and -3 on block because this is KOF and bottom tiers need bullshit.

We also love K's similarily long sweep having a special/whiff cancel into fireball for safety and jumpout protection, Kasumi's -2 sweep and Nameless' 2C that's three kilometers long and + on block.

6A tho

Armaly

Does anyone know who exactly made this and where I can look to get one custom made.

I thought this was fucking hilarious and I kinda want one for novelty sake. Conversation starter at locals.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

Dunno if it has already been answered but i'm pretty sure Epi from srk made it.

Jam's stuff is definitely too early. Like 4r5, I definitely find it weird mentioning oki. Jam didn't really have anything good to begin with after knockdown. Hence cards, and then get ready to open them up again. Same goes for frame traps, I'm skeptical on it being bad. AA, I guess I need to see how her 6P is now? Parry followups look slow judging by the framedata if it's all accurate. 2H is different, so I have no clue how suitable of an AA that is right now.

I want to assume a November release for the arcade BBCF. I think they've done 3 loketests so far?
Maybe they'll do one more in October and announce the release date around then.
That would make me ecstatic.

Julio Fuentes and Jimmy Tran would approve. Hater.

like a link to the profile...? epi is short for...? or it's just epi? come on.
I don't know the guy. I was just making a suggestion.

Rhapsody

Banned
Looks like Jam can block, FD, parry, and P followup as her options after parry. That's good.

Sounds like we'll be able to punish pre-Xrd style after successful parry if we're able to FD then.
I'm definitely cool with parry as it is then if that's true.

Shun

On the other hand I just bought a HRAP 4 Kai.

I liked the Hayabusa and the Kuro on the Fighting Edge, are there any huge issues long term with this stick and thoughts on it?

Kumubou

Looks like Jam can block, FD, parry, and P followup as her options after parry. That's good.

Sounds like we'll be able to punish pre-Xrd style after successful parry if we're able to FD then.
I'm definitely cool with parry as it is then if that's true.
There's one thing I just don't get here from a mechanical standpoint. Why not allow you to cancel the parry into anything if you're going to let players FD out of the parry and then do something? It just seems like an execution barrier that's there for reasons. If it's a speed of response issue, they could then enforce some kind of minimum delay on the attack after a parry then.

On the other hand I just bought a HRAP 4 Kai.

I liked the Hayabusa and the Kuro on the Fighting Edge, are there any huge issues long term with this stick and thoughts on it?
If you don't have any issues with the Hayabusa/Kuro parts, then you should be fine. The only real issue I have with the HRAP 4 is the same issue I have with most of Hori's sticks -- where they put the Start button is absolutely stupid.

Shun

dude's name is epiren shun. thats all i know http://imgur.com/a/i9r45

I have to go delete my browsing history now

umm... Thanks.

I guess I'll go with Arakune.
button_10.png

If you don't have any issues with the Hayabusa/Kuro parts, then you should be fine. The only real issue I have with the HRAP 4 is the same issue I have with most of Hori's sticks -- where they put the Start button is absolutely stupid.

Oh so no issues with build or being too light or anything. I might have to take some time adjusting to the spaced out Vewlix layout on western stick. I prefer it closer.

Jam seems pretty decent thus far. I just hope she doesn't end up garbage. Is she gonna eat a ton of shit for missing a link like in AC or past revisions?

Rhapsody

Banned
There's one thing I just don't get here from a mechanical standpoint. Why not allow you to cancel the parry into anything if you're going to let players FD out of the parry and then do something? It just seems like an execution barrier that's there for reasons. If it's a speed of response issue, they could then enforce some kind of minimum delay on the attack after a parry then.

It's a weird decision. Not sure if they wanted newer players to have that "hey, I did something that looks cool" feeling when they do easy PP/PK followups after successful parry, while making it more technical for the higher reward in doing anything you want. It's the only thing I can think of if they didn't want to make the PP/PK followups as motions instead.

As for looking at Jam as a whole, I'm excited to see her pressure most with her changed tools. I'm not trusting any frame data just yet since I'm seeing some conflicting ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom