• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE

Banned
Lol man fell again today and fucked up my knee. Had to actually call 911 this time. This shit has sucked lately starting to mentally wear me down.

On a more positive note I really liked the showing of stuff at e3 this year. Lots of fun new stuff on the horizon

:(

Take out your frustrations on the netplay scrubs.

when u punish sweeps IRL

tumblr_o7g49tzjt01ua3ziio2_400.gif

Yeah just chilling in bed for the rest of the day. Thankfully my friend set it up a few weeks ago so I can play my ps4 from bed now so I'm not annoyed at my lack of being able to play gg and other stuff xD

Glad you're doing alright and it wasn't anything too serious. Hope your knee gets better soon!

shaowebb

Yeah just chilling in bed for the rest of the day. Thankfully my friend set it up a few weeks ago so I can play my ps4 from bed now so I'm not annoyed at my lack of being able to play gg and other stuff xD

Dude...that sucks. Just take it easy for awhile and try to rest up. Hope things go better for you soon.

vulva

couple kof tidbits that might be old news:

when a char is on wakeup there's a 9f throw invul period, this is to focus more on neutral game as the driving factor. This is also the reason that the game is less aerial based and characters like King don't have their same air specials to the extent of other games.

links still use the hold system from previous kofs and anime like blazblue.

Game is trying to be more accessible on a gameplay level, IE not as long of combos, removal of loops etc.

Supposedly (again, not 100% sure) if there are future dlc characters, they'll be free. Cosmetic DLC will still cost money but characters won't (if there even are any that are coming).

That's about it from what I've picked up here and there from talking with people at the show.

If NRS can fix their netcode anyone can.
NRS didn't fix the netcode, they rebuilt it.

Lol man fell again today and fucked up my knee. Had to actually call 911 this time. This shit has sucked lately starting to mentally wear me down.

On a more positive note I really liked the showing of stuff at e3 this year. Lots of fun new stuff on the horizon
Feel better, Q. :/

couple kof tidbits that might be old news:

when a char is on wakeup there's a 9f throw invul period, this is to focus more on neutral game as the driving factor. This is also the reason that the game is less aerial based and characters like King don't have their same air specials to the extent of other games.

links still use the hold system from previous kofs and anime like blazblue.

Game is trying to be more accessible on a gameplay level, IE not as long of combos, removal of loops etc.

Supposedly (again, not 100% sure) if there are future dlc characters, they'll be free. Cosmetic DLC will still cost money but characters won't (if there even are any that are coming).

That's about it from what I've picked up here and there from talking with people at the show.
Does King not have her aerial projectile?

when a char is on wakeup there's a 9f throw invul period, this is to focus more on neutral game as the driving factor.

I'm not sure if it was always 9f but there was also quite a lengthy period of throw invul on wake-up as well as out of blockstun, hitstun and landing after air resets in the older games. They may have extended it but this isn't really new. You forfeit those throw invul frames if you quick rise too.

Button hold is only for specials/supers, doesn't apply to linking normals.

Does King not have her aerial projectile?

No air fireball, and Double Strike is her EX fireball instead of a super.
Her Climax can be used while airborne.

pixelish

this gamespot interview with matt dhalgren really has no chill lol
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ho...t-fighter-5/1100-6440989/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

example
The other concern was the AI. Arcade mode was criticised for having braindead AI that didn't really fight back and it felt the same for Story mode. Do enemy fighters become more difficult as the mode progresses?

PR: It does get a little harder, but in addition to that, if you want more of a challenge you can replay it in a hard mode once it's unlocked.

I'm not convinced people will want to replay a Story mode a second time. Why wouldn't you have the first time be the most optimal experience that presents a good challenge? Where's the value in playing a second time?

VariantX

This person from Gamestop must have totally forgot about how aggravating MK9's story mode was with those Shao Khan fights. The story, for all its high production value, essentially stops for a while because of a broken character and requires you sit and figure out how to be as lame as possible to win in order to finish the story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom