• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kalamari

Such a terrible end to this page, next poster please make the next page better

edit: nvm, Beckx with the top of page snipe

Skab

i need new mvci news damn it

and for umvc3 to come out on pc damn it

i just need more marvel in my life

damn it

Dlent

Arcana Heart is a fun game. I have the solution, Examu PR, about how to change the aesthetics to make the game popular in the west.

Replace all the characters with superheroes or wrestlers.

Arcana Heart is a DBZ game without licensing so they added girls inside.
Also I remade the design of a friend blog that post cool fighting game arts. http://livid.basgrospoing.fr/ You'll find a lot of things in there, even girls that have your own legal country age of consent.

Dlent

Dragonball fighting games were always weird to me, because in the source material every character has a virtually identical fighting style. I don't know how you could put something as involved as the Arcana system into DBZ.

Dragonball fighting games were always weird to me, because in the source material every character has a virtually identical fighting style. I don't know how you could put something as involved as the Arcana system into DBZ.

I'm referring to the dash button and how you move simply and freely in Arcana Heart and how that would suit a Dragon Ball fighting game. The arcana system is another thing entirely.

Quebaz

Dragonball fighting games were always weird to me, because in the source material every character has a virtually identical fighting style.

https://youtu.be/nlOur3o5LSs

This is where you go nuts with beam types and space control and all of that. Super DBZ does it to in a way that a Kamehameha and a Masenko work differently on neutral, not to mention other deviations like Vegeta's Eenergy Volley or Krillin's Scatter Shot. It also has a pretty interesting stamina system where your dashes and air time are tied to a single resource that also controls what you can parry. It's a pretty legit game, wish it got an Online re-release

Xenoverse also plays with its projectyle properties a lot, not to the extent of SDBZ but it's a step foward of the Tenkaichi games where the only things that changed were size and colour. Too bad Xenoverse sucks as a fighting game.

I would love a Super DBZ 2. Hell if we can get a port of Super DBZ with online play I would be happy.
Edit: is there any info about high level play? Would love to read it.

Dahbomb

For that to really happen, I think people from the major Marvel communities online need to come together to discuss what to work on. There's here, Shoryuken, r/mvc3...anywhere else?
I just want to see the crazy costume mods first.

Wonder how long until someone skins Black Panther over X23.

And you KNOW those nude Phoenix and Morrigan mods are coming.

Quebaz

Wouldn't it be hard as hell to run a tournament for Super DBZ due to how important the skill system is?

Yeah, the good thing (?) is that you can level up characters in multiplayer so the grinding is a little less tedious. Ideally you'd have 2 memory cards so you could have 2 or 3 variations for each character but there's best builds so heh?

Regarding high level play, combo system is as simple as it gets, Normals>Specials/Supers or if you have super cancel you can do Normals>Specials>Supers>Another Super or something like that, due to how the dashes and jumps work you can get Launcher>Pursuit>Drop Normal>Jump Normal>Normal>Special>Super and wierder things like that.

The stamina bar comes into action mainly for abusing dashes and to parry energy attacks, here have your EVO Moment 37. https://youtu.be/2BW0p2TjLbo?t=2m1s

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nude Vergil and Dante mods please.

All this random beef out of nowhere is making me hype for EVO again.

VariantX

i need new mvci news damn it

and for umvc3 to come out on pc damn it

i just need more marvel in my life

damn it

I'm not even crazy about Marvel, but yeah, they've gone way too quiet on this game imho. They haven't said shit since early december and Capcom has gone radio silent since we're almost halfway to March.

Quebaz

This worked out so well for Rise of Incarnates

I was actually mad when they took it down, specially when the problems with the game were apparent to anyone besides Namco. Would it have really killed them to make the game run on DX10 and not have region-locked match making? Oh well atleast we're getting Gundam sometime soon

They are silent cause they are having issues with the gameplay. They've handcuffed themselves with this shitty new system & without Neo-G they are struggling to make the game work.

I have zero faith in MVCi. The game will probably bury the franchise just like SFV is doing for Street Fighter.

Lemstar

BBCP_Platinum_HappyMagicka1.png

Kalamari

They are silent because they have nothing to talk about, it's still too early in development to discuss anything.

Dahbomb

They are silent cause they are having issues with the gameplay. They've handcuffed themselves with this shitty new system & without Neo-G they are struggling to make the game work.

I have zero faith in MVCi. The game will probably bury the franchise just like SFV is doing for Street Fighter.
I think the main issue they are probably coming across is that they have kinda confined themselves to porting characters from Marvel 3 but....

Marvel 3's characters are designed around an assist system and most of the characters in the game have legitimate flaws that are by design because you need to have assists to shore up those weaknesses.

A ton of characters cannot continue a combo without an assist from a throw. That's a massive difference in balancing right there that you need to fix or adjust for. How are you going to have Nova in the game who can easily combo off of throw but then you have Hulk who can't despite being a grappler? How is Haggar going to get in on anyone without an assist? Hell how is anyone going to pin down MODOK and prevent him from just floating around all day?

Not to mention the huge differences in damage scaling and values. I don't know how they are going to handle this port stuff but I really hope that characters like Ryu don't get short changed YET AGAIN. And I absolutely do not want all the better characters toned down in skill set just so they can compete against Ryu... that's just god damn boring.

Fix Ironman's S.
It's already fixed....

In Marvel Infinite.

giphy.gif

It's fast so it's hard to see but instead of doing his weird upside down kick he launches with an uppercut now.

Nude Vergil and Dante mods please.
Maybe we can make one of those Beef's new avatar.

Sheroking

I'm not even crazy about Marvel, but yeah, they've gone way too quiet on this game imho. They haven't said shit since early december and Capcom has gone radio silent since we're almost halfway to March.

Pretty much the same pattern as SFV, tbh.

Announced at PSX, blurb at Capcom Cup, radio silence for months. If the pattern continues, next time it shows up it will visually look WAY better and we'll get brief trailers until E3. From there, tons of info drops, characters and maybe a beta or two.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Some cards from H&h increased hit stun deterioration even the the effect on the card had nothing to do with it.

They should make a marvel 3 patch to fix that and only that.

Dahbomb

Some cards from H&h increased hit stun deterioration even the the effect on the card had nothing to do with it.

They should make a marvel 3 patch to fix that and only that.
The two most important things that needed to get fixed in H&H are:

*Make it available to play offline versus.

*Fix the Parry card so that you can't do it while getting hit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The two most important things that needed to get fixed in H&H are:

*Make it available to play offline versus.

*Fix the Parry card so that you can't do it while getting hit.

I remembered that fondly. Fuck up people's combos with the combination of that and the fact that online is terrible.

Top Bottom