• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

NEO0MJ

I didn't even think about ARMS coming in the same time period as other fighters
So many fighters this close to each other.Weird first 6months

While low key, the indie funded Them’s Fightin’ Herds is also coming next month. Backers' beta is this week, actually!

CO_Andy

At this point i kind of expect MVCi to be trash

Still can't decide between getting ARMS or Tekken. Thankfully there's a testfire this weekend to help me with that

NEO0MJ

Yeah, after Hasbro sicced their lawyers on the Mane 6 team they changed their designs.

21681896186_f49d479bd1_z.jpg

At this point i kind of expect MVCi to be trash

Still can't decide between getting ARMS or Tekken. Thankfully there's a testfire this weekend to help me with that

Tekken is the one most guaranteed to be good. If I only had money for one that would be my pick.

What would an ARMS fan be called, a coilly?

notworksafe

Were all the intros that year Mr. Plinkett knock offs?

nah, the only consistant theme in 2010 was the the NBA song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yciEsXeK120

i remember the 3S one being a Rom tribute video and the T6 one being about Panda and Kuma. Don't remember the others lol. much like the games themselves, the HDR one is the only one worth remembering (oh and cvs2 but that didn't get an intro cause it wasn't streamed...sucks)

You whut?

i went to the arc de triumph and there were girls looking for donations for school of blind/deaf. I gave them the euro change I had b/c i didnt want to take it w/ me back and then they were like its 5 euro minimum, which at that point I was like I have no more money then they patted down my pockets saying i had money in there when it was just my passport and some random ass tickets. After that they left.

petran79

Banned
Tekken is the one most guaranteed to be good. If I only had money for one that would be my pick.

I'll invest in KOFXIV and GGXrd Rev2. Never was a Tekken fan.

Unfortunately VF after 4 became as bloated as Tekken with so many character moves. I still play VF3 for simplicity.

I'd never have expected Steam to have these games,even surpassing current gen consoles.

KOF98-2002UM,XIII,XIV
Guilty Gear Reload,Isuka, AC+ R, Xrd Sign and Revelator
Blazblue CT,CS,CP,CF

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Unfortunately VF after 4 became as bloated as Tekken with so many character moves. I still play VF3 for simplicity.

eh, that's a bit dramatic. Akira has fewer throws in VF5FS than he does in VF3tb, and his movelist isn't that much larger.

3tb throws:
P+G
64P+G
3P+G
46P+G
42P+G
43P+G
1P+G
16P+G

5FS throws:
P+G
6P+G
64P+G
4P+G
46P+G
214P+G
16P+G

Danielsan

Picked up this awesome "little" thing for € 45 yesterday, complete in box.

ZtgXBO1.png

It has some very minor wear here and there, but the stick works great. Only bummer is that it's a 360 stick due to the fact that I own most of my fighting games on the PS3. However it also works like a charm on the PC. So I got myself Ultra Street Fighter IV on steam for € 7,50 as well. This is the second stick that I've ever owned, the standard Madcatz Street Fighter stick being the first. I quickly give up learning stick with the first stick. Just couldn't do it. But what with Tekken 7 being around the corner I wanted to try again. I already feel that I'm getting used to the stick faster than a couple of years ago. Hopefully I will improve some more with daily use / practice.

Also, I know that there are 360 > PS4 adapters available (from Brooks) and I might end up getting one, despite the steep price. However, I was wondering. Are there any similar products for 360 to PS3?

JeTmAn81

i went to the arc de triumph and there were girls looking for donations for school of blind/deaf. I gave them the euro change I had b/c i didnt want to take it w/ me back and then they were like its 5 euro minimum, which at that point I was like I have no more money then they patted down my pockets saying i had money in there when it was just my passport and some random ass tickets. After that they left.

How can there be a minimum donation amount...

Kalamari

How will Gundam Versus console release affect arcades in Japan? Will the arcade title be considered a unique title series that will never be on console, as to make arcade Gundam a niche product to help keep arcades in Japan afloat?

How will Gundam Versus console release affect arcades in Japan? Will the arcade title be considered a unique title series that will never be on console, as to make arcade Gundam a niche product to help keep arcades in Japan afloat?

Probably just going to release a new arcade game.

petran79

Banned
eh, that's a bit dramatic. Akira has fewer throws in VF5FS than he does in VF3tb, and his movelist isn't that much larger.

3tb throws:
P+G
64P+G
3P+G
46P+G
42P+G
43P+G
1P+G
16P+G

5FS throws:
P+G
6P+G
64P+G
4P+G
46P+G
214P+G
16P+G

Havent played 5 yet. Tried training mode of VF4 Evo and saw a huge command list with dozens of moves.
Couldnt even figure out Aoi's counter move. Dreamcast manual was so easy 😵

Picked up this awesome "little" thing for € 45 yesterday, complete in box.

ZtgXBO1.png

This is the stick I used when I finally learn how to play on a stick(PS3 version though). My first stick was a cheap $50 Hori stick that I got in 2009 a few months after SF4 came out. It was small and felt like shit. A year later I decided to make more of a commitment. And it wouldn't be just the time and effort, I actually wanted to spend a lot of money on it. That meant I either learned how to use it or I threw away $200. And I wasn't going to let the latter happen. It took a while but after 2 months I finally felt very comfortable on a stick and preferred it to the pad.

Unfortunately I didn't take care of the stick that well. The art plastic or plexi(whatever it was) on it started to wear down a lot and it looked pretty bad. So I finally gave up on it and replaced the art with custom Ryu art that I found at SRK I think. Good times with that stick, I have have it in storage at my parents place. I'll go back and get it at some point.

Shouta

They'll just get another iteration of Maxiboost or something. Gameplay should be different enough for Versus fans to warrant being picky about which they play.

Might just release a second/updated version for the arcade to draw people in. OR update maxi... Unless there is some kinda marketing push towards the new one I can't see people giving maxi up here. No matter what city I go to its always got people on it. Heck people still play SF4 here.

Top Bottom