• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Numb

You are not supposed to say it to their face
Just chuckle on the side

bstngp.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yams is gone, Sp00ky is gone, Haunts is gone, Madcatz is definitely gone. FGC is as good as dead. Pack your bags and choose a shooter or MOBA.

I think this e league has too much people putting the cart before the horse, but I guess people must be hopeful....

They do this every big Esports event. Perfect Legend was on the same shit when MK was at mlg

It's that same sort of "fuck y'all I want mine" mindset that he and champ share and they get over excited when they get that spotlight on them. Glad to see that mindset hasn't spread though

Naar

I had a question regarding costumes in MK XL

I bought a few copies of MK XL for a tournament last year and only played it for the 3 days of the tournament and put back in storage. MK XL is part of the line up again but I NEED to have alternate costumes (long story)

Is buying the $20 unlock all krypt items what I am looking for? I only need to have 2 PS4s with alternate costumes. So I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay more than $40

Specifically I need to cover up the females showing the most skin, so if there are individual costumes that would be cheaper than the price I mentioned above, even better!

I saw on PSN it only had a 3 or 4 costumes, so is the krypt unlock thing my only other option?

Impressions from some guy on SA who went to the event. Get that shit on kickstarter bruh

DiscoJ" post="470913678 said:
The game director just said something about not enough money to do a full game. So what'a being shown now is all there is. Don't know how serious/joking it is.

And the game just crashed. The stage turned from day to night (apparently unexpected behaviour) and then crashed.

Edit: game has no name as far as I can see. They just joked about calling it 'Fighting EX Layer'.

Those little icons at the bottom of the screen don't do anything right now. Whatever it's meant to be hasn't been implemented.

DiscoJ" post="470914145 said:
Just had my go. Good times.

Basically feels true to the old games but with the graphical update and some fighting layer influence.

Some system notes:

There's a dash and backdash
A super jump called the 'exarrow' which is basically a homing jump (this is what Hokuto does near the start of that trailer).
It's more 3D than other EX games in that the characters have a sidestep. And the stages are semi-interactive (stage walls/corners are the actual walls/corners).
Also has recovery rolls.

DiscoJ" post="470915180 said:
Now talking about the history of the series. They made kairi, hokuto and Garuda for this because they were the first three characters made for EX1 20 years ago.

If they make a full game it will probably involve fighting layer characters as well as EX.

DiscoJ" post="470916589 said:
Sound was mostly taken directly from the old games.

And I said there was a dash earlier, but I meant an actual run. With that plus the exarrow, it's currently heavily speed/rushdown-focused. Tons of movement options compared to SF series.

DiscoJ" post="470917227 said:
2D with 3D elements. Still feels Streetfighter, but you can dodge to side (and attack) and you need to pay attention to the stage's physical boundaries (front and back as well as left and right).

Like there were two playable stages. One in a castle courtyard type place where lots of side movement was possible, and one in a much narrower space where movement options were more frequently restricted.

pizzacat

Banned
And the game just crashed. The stage turned from day to night (apparently unexpected behaviour) and then crashed.

This seems like the type of shit to happen before hokutos stares at the screen and pleads for help and how she's been stuck there for 10 years while garuda commits seppuku

.la1n

Garuda as last character for S2 of SF V for cross promotion. Game looks great even at this early stage; please let it become a full game.

Numb

Garuda as last character for S2 of SF V for cross promotion. Game looks great even at this early stage; please let it become a full game.

If they put that much effort and detail into an april folks joke it would have been something

MechaX

Played Revelator all morning with one of my friends and man, I have been sleeping on Sin. I guess part of it had to do with how he played Leo, but that flagpole...

Fchamp is tired of mixing with the pool players

C8MTz_2UIAA4Mqd.jpg

I can admit that I don't watch pools very often, but... eliminating the open tournaments will be knee-capping your already-niche audience so fucking hard (in the sense that it's going to stifle the development of fresh blood who actually competes in these tournaments) I am surprised that neither of them considered it and/or cared about it.

I mean, without it I guess you still have twitch/kappa monsters...

shaowebb

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/848097610552418304?s=09

I'm sure this is an April Fool's joke but this looks like a great mode for fighting games to teach execution.
I've brought up many times that the best combo training mode would be a rythm game. I think it should use ghosts though as you play the mode beside those ghosts as they reenact the combo. Also think that if this is ever done that it should let you upload combos with searchable criteria generated for them like screen position, character, damage, meter gained, meter used etc.

Been a big dream of mine honestly. That mode would be endless user created content, community building, and hype as shit.

Pompadour

I've brought up many times that the best combo training mode would be a rythm game. I think it should use ghosts though as you play the mode beside those ghosts as they reenact the combo. Also think that if this is ever done that it should let you upload combos with searchable criteria generated for them like screen position, character, damage, meter gained, meter used etc.

Been a big dream of mine honestly. That mode would be endless user created content, community building, and hype as shit.

I agree with everything you said. I don't think Capcom, or any FG dev, can compete with communities when it comes to providing content to help players learn the game. The best they can do is to give them tools in-game to help create this content.

.la1n

Exactly what I have been thinking myself for the longest time. In HS/College when bemani and arcades were still everywhere; I remember thinking it would be awesome if I could practice MvC 2 combos using similar repetition and music ques as I did DDR/Beatmania.

.la1n

Cross post from OT but I found something interesting while doing the xbox rewards survey for April...

ukVJGRk.png

strange way to announce a new KI

.la1n

Wasn't KI3 a launch X1 game?!

KI3, as far as I know, was an either an early working title for the current KI or never used at all. I highly doubt a new KI would be named KI 3 either but the fact that it even pops up as coming soon next to the other titles seems pretty obvious there is something unannounced with the IP in the works.

They call the new KI(2013) KI3 and we're getting a new season of that soon... Duh! :D

It's probably a Devil may cry-esque situation. Go with the standard naming progression till Devil may Cry 4, get a reboot with DmC then continue on with the main series with Devil May Cry 5
(please capcpom)

On the one hand, a full new game would be great and would certainly make sense given they need something "new" for the Scorpio release. But on the other, I'd really like them to improve and expand on the base that they've already built.

Top Bottom