• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

Touhou 15.5 is gonna be a tag fighter folks.

vb6m9Ju.jpg

super engrished google translate said:
A person called a "full possession" in which a person suddenly changes to someone else The characters of
this time can manipulate this
freely by becoming a dual person of "master" and "slave" .

The player chooses between "Master" and "Slave" and
challenges the barrage tag battle to fight for replacing two people according to the battlefield.
Master battle with the power of slave,
sometimes save salvation and disposal in case of emergency, such love, friendship and black duel will unfold.
quwanti from shrinemaiden org said:
Strange Creators vol. 3 got released today, and it also included some info on the new fighter. (From Touhou Network)
http://tohonetwork.doorblog.jp/archives/69388870.html

It is a tag team game.
The roster is set at 20 characters (including Reisen).
And some other stuff I will leave to the more experienced Japanese-language readers.

Site link for current and future stuff

The Touhou fighters are varied and very unique. Lots of fun stuff in them Definitely something I hope comes over with the recent wave of Touhou Project titles brought over here through NISA.

Kikirin

shaowebb

Yoooo 15.5! Tag fighting! Hopefully it won't be like 13.5 and 14.--

Crap.

I'm unfamiliar of these titles and just learning about them. It "looks" like its using the 14.5 stuff but thats just my observations. The 14.5 game reminded me more of an aerial fighter like Acceleration of Suguri or Genso Rondo than a normal fighter which is fine by me as I enjoy both. Is there anything in particular about 14.5 that you remember? I'm at a loss here on how it works.

Kikirin

I'm unfamiliar of these titles and just learning about them. It "looks" like its using the 14.5 stuff but thats just my observations. The 14.5 game reminded me more of an aerial fighter like Acceleration of Suguri or Genso Rondo than a normal fighter which is fine by me as I enjoy both. Is there anything in particular about 14.5 that you remember? I'm at a loss here on how it works.
Admittedly, I've only played 13.5 on a very casual level and haven't touched 14.5 at all, but I didn't really take to the movement system used for 13.5 and 14.5. Rather than being entirely free-flight movement as the games you'd mentioned presumably are, the screen's vertical space is divided into three layers - top, center, and bottom - with movement "gravitating" towards the center layer. You can "jump" to enter the the top layer, or "dive" to enter the bottom layer, but you'll gravitate back towards the center. It didn't feel quite as fast and tight as the flight in the previous Touhou fighters at least, with regards to how well you could maneuver.

That's without going into 13.5's "popularity" mechanic (akin to Aquapazza emotion system but with it also determining time over judgment!), but at least that was dropped for 14.5.

Dlent

Urban Legend in Limbo was too shallow to garner any real competition. Maybe this game will be different, but I don't think that's really why these games are made.

shaowebb

Admittedly, I've only played 13.5 on a very casual level and haven't touched 14.5 at all, but I didn't really take to the movement system used for 13.5 and 14.5. Rather than being entirely free-flight movement as the games you'd mentioned presumably are, the screen's vertical space is divided into three layers - top, center, and bottom - with movement "gravitating" towards the center layer. You can "jump" to enter the the top layer, or "dive" to enter the bottom layer, but you'll gravitate back towards the center. It didn't feel quite as fast and tight as the flight in the previous Touhou fighters at least, with regards to how well you could maneuver.

That's without going into 13.5's "popularity" mechanic (akin to Aquapazza emotion system but with it also determining time over judgment!), but at least that was dropped for 14.5.

Aquapazza emotion system. ICK.
A surefire way to lower my hopes for certain. I think Aquapazza, SF4&5, and Phantom Breaker Extra are the only fighters I tried repeatedly and just couldn't see the sense in them. They either got in their own way or didn't let you do anything.

Oh well. They aren't all winners. There's a lot of lessons to learn from bad games too. Honestly I think playing bad games teaches more about game design than playing something perfected. Most industry folks I read or spoke with said if I wanted to learn to make good games play bad ones...still its hard to choke down anymore of the titles I mentioned.

EDIT: In other news Brainiac looks fucking great in Injustice 2 and Green Arrow got a boxing glove arrow finally!

https://giant.gfycat.com/VigilantDetailedAntlion.webm

Full Brainiac trailer for those that like mobility, range, divekicks and lockdown tools :p

Brainiac. Beyond genius. Beyond intelligence made flesh. Beyond machine and beyond the limits of intellect...and one of the first things he encounters on earth is a man strolling up to him curling his mustache and jamming a boxing glove onto an arrow and yellin "I GOT THIS SHIT!" as he draw a fucking bow on him. Just imagine being Brainiac in that moment. :)

Dlent

It's a little sad that the only somewhat surprising thing about the trailer was the announced release date. Kind of wanted them to throw us a curveball.

Infinite

Cross posting from the thread in Gaming

The art style looks like a weird blend of jack kirby's style and action figures from the early 2000s. It'll take some time for me to get used to. Anyway I just hope the game animates well. I need some fluidity cause that initial reveal was on one NRS shit.

Sayad

Chris? Wack. #PutJackBakerInMVCI

edit: holy fuck it's like capcom saw what kof14 looked like and realized they didn't actually have to try too hard
Lmao, it's like he had to look like MvC3's Chris to fit his animation, between this and recycled animation, guess this is how they're making the 2017 release!

Sayad

Cross posting from the thread in Gaming

The art style looks like a weird blend of jack kirby's style and action figures from the early 2000s. It'll take some time for me to get used to. Anyway I just hope the game animates well. I need some fluidity cause that initial reveal was on one NRS shit.
There was a lot of recycled MvC3 animation in previous trailers which isn't that bad because MvC3 is a well animated game. But same with SFV, those trailers with reworked camera angels aren't good at showing the animation since Capcom animate with regular gameplay camera in mind only.

Dahbomb

So, is DahBomb getting paid? To hell with the roster, that's what I want to know right now.

That's 200% welcome to USA son!

Some dude also bet me on the release date at the last minute, won that too. Shame Dryeyerelieft wasn't here to get in on the action.

And yeah the art style/lighting/shader are all way off.

edit: holy fuck it's like capcom saw what kof14 looked like and realized they didn't actually have to try too hard

I initially predicted that MvC: Infinite would launch with much more modes and content than SFV, but it would graphically subpar.

Looks like I might not be too far off the mark.

Top Bottom