• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

More correctly, a troll from berserk that like to maim, kill, kidnap, and rape. Though I think everything in Berserk maims, kills, kidnaps, and rapes.

What's up with all the Berserk love lately, anyway? Did anything happen? Or am I just stuck in the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon after rereading the series last week?

smurfx

get some go again
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160036357]What's up with all the Berserk love lately, anyway? Did anything happen? Or am I just stuck in the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon after rereading the series last week?[/QUOTE]some youtube channel did a guts vs some guy video and everybody started talking about berserk again.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160036357]What's up with all the Berserk love lately, anyway? Did anything happen? Or am I just stuck in the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon after rereading the series last week?[/QUOTE]

The guts vs. nightmare thing and Bloodborne + Dark Souls 2 next-gen release, which had quite a few Berserk influences that people finally noticed.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";160036357]What's up with all the Berserk love lately, anyway? Did anything happen? Or am I just stuck in the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon after rereading the series last week?[/QUOTE]
Bloodborne released, Dark Souls 2 remastered released, they put the first Berserk movie on Netflix, Screwattack did the Gutts vs Nightmare video etc.

Xevren

I'm gonna eat crow now cuz of the shit talking I have been doing on nrs netcode, cuz mkx feels fantastic. If I had bad delay I wouldnt be able to land my johnny cage combo's but that hasn't been the case. It feels great online for me.

Sayad

This is still less of a deal breaker than SFxT's gems though, only thing stopping me from getting MKX is the PS4 region lock, fix that shit NRS.

Bear in mind that people in that thread haven't actually read the thread title (including Dahbomb lol) and most of them are getting mad about absolutely nothing.

Reading is fundamental, kids!

alstein

The idea itself isn't harming anything- it's just another way to effectively get more money out of folks without doing the one thing that would be honest but they're afraid to do- raise the base price.

I only know one company who did that- and they ate a lot of shit for selling a game for $100, even when they offered a traditional option, so it's understandable why this nickel-and-dime approach happens.

I expect we'll see some of the same stuff in SF5

Sayad

Bloodborne released, Dark Souls 2 remastered released, they put the first Berserk movie on Netflix, Screwattack did the Gutts vs Nightmare video etc.
The stars are aligning perfectly for Berserk, all of them except one lazy fatass perverted star.

I meant to ask, why are people not liking what the see in SF5 so far? I've only seen the Charlie reveal and everyone seemed pretty positive about what they saw.

The walk speeds are ass, Ryu looks like a constipated caveman and I just don't have faith in Capcom to make a good game. The game seems to focus more on combos which is the exact opposite of what fighting games need in this day and age, and Capcom's recent character design and implementation track record leaves me pessimistic as hell.

vocab

Whoever has the steam version of mkx let me know how the port/online is. People selling keys pretty cheap so I might check it out.
I've been playing some injustice again so I figured I think about it.

Mr. X

On one hand, you buy with in game currency uou get from playing and fatalities are the most cosmetic of cosmetics.

or you can practice them.

But why recognize some people have difficulty doing them and make them pay instead of putting in a kode (I think it was in the past games) or making them easier. Like someone handicap enjoys mk and wants to do fatalities.

Lol @ people defending region lock online as some altrustic design decision. It prevents importing or finding cheaper copies in other regions and stops more people from playing.

On one hand, you buy with in game currency uou get from playing and fatalities are the most cosmetic of cosmetics.

or you can practice them.

But why recognize some people have difficulty doing them and make them pay instead of putting in a kode (I think it was in the past games) or making them easier. Like someone handicap enjoys mk and wants to do fatalities.

Lol @ people defending region lock online as some altrustic design decision. It prevents importing or finding cheaper copies in other regions and stops more people from playing.

because apparently people with little to no execution or who only play leisurely are sheep deserving to be exploited unlike us gods of the FGC.

but it's ok, they don't HAVE to buy the codes even though it's a carrot dangled in front of them. Now excuse me while i go complain about the shitty practices of F2P games on phones.

Pompadour

The idea itself isn't harming anything- it's just another way to effectively get more money out of folks without doing the one thing that would be honest but they're afraid to do- raise the base price.

I only know one company who did that- and they ate a lot of shit for selling a game for $100, even when they offered a traditional option, so it's understandable why this nickel-and-dime approach happens.

I expect we'll see some of the same stuff in SF5

Am I supposed to feel immoral from benefitting from developers subsidizing my game purchases by selling completely useless content to people who apparently have no control of their finances? If it has no impact on my enjoyment (and Easy Fatality tokens certainly don't) then they can sell whatever they want. I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2 for a flat rate of $10 because there are people out there who are willing to pay 10 more dollars to change their character's name.

I don't know what they could even sell with SFV that achieves both not impacting the game for others and offering something of almost no value. 30 tokens that allow you to land one hit on your opponent after the round has ended?

Am I supposed to feel immoral from benefitting from developers subsidizing my game purchases by selling completely useless content to people who apparently have no control of their finances? If it has no impact on my enjoyment (and Easy Fatality tokens certainly don't) then they can sell whatever they want. I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2 for a flat rate of $10 because there are people out there who are willing to pay 10 more dollars to change their character's name.

I don't know what they could even sell with SFV that achieves both not impacting the game for others and offering something of almost no value. 30 tokens that allow you to land one hit on your opponent after the round has ended?

third strike players shaking in their boots

Am I supposed to feel immoral from benefitting from developers subsidizing my game purchases by selling completely useless content to people who apparently have no control of their finances?

No.

But when those developers end up making games that only exploit those people who open their wallets, you are probably justified in feeling a bit sad.

For reference, pretty much the rest of modern gaming.

Sayad

I talked about the situation over here with us getting both US and EU version of games before, looking at our local Xrd whats app group we already have people who picked up different versions of MKX and can't play together, lol. And this is talking about a fighting enthusiast group, it would only look worse with the more casual players. WTF NRS!

NEO0MJ

I talked about the situation over here with us getting both US and EU version of games before, looking at our local Xrd whats app group we already have people who picked up different versions of MKX and can't play together, lol. And this is talking about a fighting enthusiast group, it would only look worse with the more casual players. WTF NRS!

Should have bought it on Steam :p

Then I wouldn't be alone ;_;

Top Bottom