• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

zlatko

Banned
If you look at the projectiles and what not, you will see RNG. SC2 is not quite booming now is it? And to be honest there is some RNG on counterstrike but that's bullet spread.

Huh?

I thought in SC2 the reason you see varying #'s for projectiles, i.e. a Marine shooting has to do with:

1) How far is he from the target?
2) What is his target? (Bullets do X on a Zergling, Y on a Roach, for example)
3) Is the enemy upgraded? (Bullets do X on a no upgrades zergling, they do Z on an upgraded one)

These things relate to give the #. If you copy the same scenarios, you should always then get the same # for damage.

I'm seriously under the impression there is NO RNG in SC2, but I could be wrong.

jesus christ, that Dissidia trailer. Day fucking 1. Even following Dahbomb's methods and preordering that sumbitch.

Also if you want MKX story cutscenes, just search for "MKX story mode" on Youtube. It ain't hard to find. :p
Really glad they did away with all the RPG bs from the previous games. That map looks boring as hell though.
You can't even tell in that trailer if it's gone or not, but I sincerely hope it's not.

Q confirmed

But if it's someone unexpected and you're expecting Q then he becomes expected and therefore can't be it. However, because of that then you wouldn't be expecting him therefore making him totally eligible again. Genious.

jesus christ, that Dissidia trailer. Day fucking 1. Even following Dahbomb's methods and preordering that sumbitch.

Also if you want MKX story cutscenes, just search for "MKX story mode" on Youtube. It ain't hard to find. :p

You can't even tell in that trailer if it's gone or not, but I sincerely hope it's not.

How would the RPG elements work in an arcade environment though? That's the issue with them I imagine.

LegatoB

Sony only co-developed the game because they wanted to get into the Tournament Organizing business, everybody knows that's where the real money is
I like you.

How would the RPG elements work in an arcade environment though? That's the issue with them I imagine.
All the arcade games these days have Internet account systems. You tap the Nesica/ALL.net/BaNaPass card to the system to use your profile, and you whip out your phone and go to the game's portal site to do all your shopping/customizing/whatever.

Kumubou

Every JP arcade game made in the last few years (outside of poverty holdouts like the original AH3 release and MBCC) allow players to authenticate with a RFID card (or their phone). This then allows the game to track all sorts of stuff, so the game would then keep track of levels and unlocks based on the card/user logged in.

Mr. X

SF4 early builds had things not in the final version. Final product, cant see it being super different from SF4.

I like you.

All the arcade games these days have Internet account systems. You tap the Nesica/ALL.net/BaNaPass card to the system to use your profile, and you whip out your phone and go to the game's portal site to do all your shopping/customizing/whatever.

Every JP arcade game made in the last few years (outside of poverty holdouts like the original AH3 release and MBCC) allow players to authenticate with a RFID card (or their phone). This then allows the game to track all sorts of stuff, so the game would then keep track of levels and unlocks based on the card/user logged in.

I am aware of that, I should've specified that I mean gameplay-wise. Those accounts hold your data yeah, but they're usually not stuff that actually affects how the game plays are they? Players that play less often/are new would be at an unfair advantage because they don't have the stats that the more frequent players would have, and unlike the original games they wouldn't necessarily have anywhere to just grind in peace.

LegatoB

I am aware of that, I should've specified that I mean gameplay-wise. Those accounts hold your data yeah, but they're usually not stuff that actually affects how the game plays are they? Players that play less often/are new would be at an unfair advantage because they don't have the stats that the more frequent players would have, and unlike the original games they wouldn't necessarily have anywhere to just grind in peace.
Yeah, just like any console network deathmatch game. Pretty sure stuff like Gunslinger Stratos and Border Break have skill/equipment grinds as well as cosmetic grinds.

NEO0MJ

E3 is a couple of months away.

But I want new info now :(

Forget Bison, give me Sakura without a sailor suit.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

NEO0MJ

Bruh, she's over 20 now. Put her in actual sports wear or something.

I'd love that as well, trust me. But no way will Capcom have her drop her iconic look. Didn't they even make it canon that she prefers wearing it as an excuse for why she still has it on in SF IV?

yeaaaa. alt 3 w/ color 7 is pretty nice for her yo

If Sakura makes the cut, they need to keep her alt 3 outfit. I'm a firm believer that outfit is the only thing that made all of my
wins with her possible.

While they're at it, why have they never given Makoto a girly outfit? I get she's clearly a tomboy but seriously, Capcom....

f9nRJzl.gif

mbpm1

If Sakura makes the cut, they need to keep her alt 3 outfit. I'm a firm believer that outfit is the only thing that made all of my
wins with her possible.

While they're at it, why have they never given Makoto a girly outfit? I get she's clearly a tomboy but seriously, Capcom....

Schoolgirl outfit is pretty good

specially in black

zlatko

Banned
Urien is one of the characters that should be universally agreed upon.

igaA93QPDaiNg.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k1Znk7P75c

My man!

This is my favorite SF character. Not his design look wise---he's sort of...lame IMO, but that fight style. It's just too sick.

I would LOVE for him to be in SF5. Now in the age of alternate costumes he could probably have a suit or ripped up suit alt and I'm set.

Otherwise, give me black or blue variant from SF3 and I'm golden. The Gootecks color is where it is it.

CRUSH! KILL! DIE!

AEGIS VORTEX FOR LIFE!

My man!

This is my favorite SF character. Not his design look wise---he's sort of...lame IMO, but that fight style. It's just too sick.

I would LOVE for him to be in SF5. Now in the age of alternate costumes he could probably have a suit or ripped up suit alt and I'm set.

Otherwise, give me black or blue variant from SF3 and I'm golden. The Gootecks color is where it is it.

CRUSH! KILL! DIE!

AEGIS VORTEX FOR LIFE!

I used to think he looked lame, but he's like a Greek sculpted God. I think he looks awesome now.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
why is the smash tournament called I'm not yelling? does it have some significance with the smash community? sounds like a snippet from an argument about bedtimes

hort

Neo Member
Hey guys,

I remember seeing a 2d fighting game that looked very similar to 3s (and I believe said they took a lot of inspiration from) that was still in development. This would have been on steam.

What is the name of that game? I've been trying to remember for weeks now but can't figure it out. Has there been any news about development?

Top Bottom