• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hey guys,

I remember seeing a 2d fighting game that looked very similar to 3s (and I believe said they took a lot of inspiration from) that was still in development. This would have been on steam.

What is the name of that game? I've been trying to remember for weeks now but can't figure it out. Has there been any news about development?
Yatagarasu
no idea about its production

Dahbomb

Hey guys,

I remember seeing a 2d fighting game that looked very similar to 3s (and I believe said they took a lot of inspiration from) that was still in development. This would have been on steam.

What is the name of that game? I've been trying to remember for weeks now but can't figure it out. Has there been any news about development?
Yatagarasu?

xCobalt

why is the smash tournament called I'm not yelling? does it have some significance with the smash community? sounds like a snippet from an argument about bedtimes

I'm not sure if that's better than people naming stuff after fighting game moves or terminology. It's not really an issue but damn, people need to be more creative.

petghost

Banned
Thats it! thanks guys!

Yeah it's got a full arcade release now but the steam version is still in beta. Last update I heard was that the actual gameplay stuff was in place so maybe we'll see a release soon? Only 3 dudes working on it so it's not the most proficient process.

Also the overabundance of fgc stuff named after random mechanics or whatever is hilarious.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
like "kumite in Tennessee" or "winter brawl" make sense but if "I'm not yelling" isn't something that Kirby says I don't understand what they're going for

zlatko

Banned
Yatagarasu
no idea about its production

I have the European version of it DLeded on my PC. Bought it online for a few bucks.

Honestly? It's meh. I was expecting a Garou or 3S vibe, but it's lame after the few times I messed with it.

Odds are I would need to see it in top players' hands with this new version that has more characters. I did like Jet the boxer from it. Reminds me of Steve Fox Meets Dudley.

let the cpm race begin!

vNiGQue.gif

Hey guys,

Yatagarasu was recently released in Japanese arcades. Still no release date for the Steam version. This is the latest news update from the developers:

http://yatagarasu-ftg.com/dev-diary/yatagarasu-developer-diary-apr-9th/

Naarmight

Hey guys,

http://yatagarasu-ftg.com/dev-diary/yatagarasu-developer-diary-apr-9th/

Last update was on Thursday, TLDR main part of the game is done, they are just finishing off non-core parts of it and will be out soon

Mr. X

I was playing SamSho2, Yata reminds me of old games like that. Simple and straightforward , big damage pokes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Justin "how do I combo" Wong.
Also the stage looks freaking awful, why is it so dark? :/

Justin's stream isn't an indication of how a game looks. His stream usually has oversaturated colors and accuracy. Aris's stream is a better indication of how it really looks.

『Inaba Resident』;159981388 said:
Yeah, thats what I thought.

And damn at Floe giving the netcode a 2/10.
Man I wonder if there is a day 1 patch. So far most casuals are saying online netcode is amazing while pro players are saying online is really bad...I am going to go with the pro players. But I hope they do a fix. If capcom can fix the usfiv PC lag then NRS can fix this.

Man I wonder if there is a day 1 patch. So far most casuals are saying online netcode is amazing while pro players are saying online is really bad...I am going to go with the pro players. But I hope they do a fix. If capcom can fix the usfiv PC lag then NRS can fix this.

Day 1 patch is already out apparently.
If NRS actually gives a shit, they'll fix this.

Mr. X

I hope dedicated MKX players can stop the Prize Money Monsters from take all that year 1 goodies and find and abuse the cheap shit first.

Malice215

People holding out hope for a MKX netcode patch in the same boat as the people waiting for MVC4. Got to live with what you have.

They did?

Top Bottom