• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 27 - May 3 | NeoGAF actually plays games?!

vulva

Arnold is so godlike that he can survive the crutch that is wearing only underwear.

This is still Arnold at maximum awesome, though:
asib.jpeg

Notice two layers of clothing, plus shades. He would make a great Wesker.

Not life?

Just have Morrigan guest star.

I might add Decapre. Makoto isn't lame, but not a badass, either. She looks too much like a kid. She's somewhere between Sakura (lamest of the lame) and Juri (almost badass, but too annoying) in badassery.
Hometown bodies life

Rhapsody

Banned
I just saw a bit of Isa's Elphelt. I think this might be the first time I recall him playing Xrd?

Either way, his Elphelt actually looks pretty fast.

Arnold would be bad ass butt naked, in a thong or full clothed. However his most bad ass form is in a leather jacket with shades on while riding a motorbike and reloading a shotgun single handedly.

You know who else is a bad ass? Wesley Snipes as Blade.
This is not a coincidence, friends. We have found the secret to successful character design.

Also, compare the epitome of ninja-awesome:

To lame:

On that note, where the hell is Scorpion's flaming skull fatality in MKX? That's half the character for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haven't played MKX' story, but if it's anything like Injustice', I'd rather Capcom just forgo it for SFV and save the money instead of having a super cheap looking and feeling mode that's there to check off a box. Its really not something you can half ass or put some really awful assets in.

Story modes are still not there for me yet in fighting games. How much time do you put into NPCs, their move sets, is it worth making environments/levels story-specific to add production value to story or do you reuse maximum assets and make them all MP levels, etc. I think it's essential to have stuff just for story mode (or it's just an arcade mode really, and people don't like it if you name it that) but then you constantly get the feeling "why the fuck can't I just play there?"

Seyavesh

urien would be super popular if he wore a suit or had an alt that was a suit

especially if his intro was the same as his 3s one so he would just have one suit explode to reveal another one

OVdCySB.gif

fader

Haven't played MKX' story, but if it's anything like Injustice', I'd rather Capcom just forgo it for SFV and save the money instead of having a super cheap looking and feeling mode that's there to check off a box. Its really not something you can half ass or put some really awful assets in.

Story modes are still not there for me yet in fighting games. How much time do you put into NPCs, their move sets, is it worth making environments/levels story-specific to add production value to story or do you reuse maximum assets and make them all MP levels, etc. I think it's essential to have stuff just for story mode (or it's just an arcade mode really, and people don't like it if you name it that) but then you constantly get the feeling "why the fuck can't I just play there?"

People praise NRS story modes but honestly they just come off as a cheap movie littered with cliche's. I found MKX story mode waaay less enjoyable than Injustice story mode. I would not mind a consistent story in some form in SF5 but I really do not want to see them try to replicate a cheap movie that seems to be popular in video games

People like story mode for the story, not for the aesthetics.

Osu 16-Bit, you have a new mission: convince Ed Boon to:
1) Create the MK Movie Scorpion costume (esp. eyes) as a DLC alt.
2) Advance Scorpion's story so he somehow gets a weird thing that lives in his hand that he can shoot out at people. That is a hundred times better than throwing a spear. Badass factor increased 50-fold.

jhslNSE.jpg

predators are in their underwear.
Nah, they have all kinds of stuff on them. Plus, naked aliens don't count. Aliens are halfway to badass on their own.

urien would be super popular if he wore a suit or had an alt that was a suit

especially if his intro was the same as his 3s one so he would just have one suit explode to reveal another one

OVdCySB.gif
It's like I can see the greatness falling off of him over and over.

On that note, where the hell is Scorpion's flaming skull fatality in MKX? That's half the character for me.

Well he's not a flaming skull demon anymore in MKX so it make sense for him not to have it (although the comic shows that he can still do it).

That and there's mention of a classic fatality dlc pack in the Steam database iirc.

Well he's not a flaming skull demon anymore in MKX so it make sense for him not to have it (although the comic shows that he can still do it).

That and there's mention of a classic fatality dlc pack in the Steam database iirc.
He's alive now or something?

Scorpion isn't a demon anymore? It's like they're trying to ruin him.

vulva

Video game character design fact: giving a female character huge tits will get people upset. Giving her a huge ass is empowering.

I don't know, Predator always looked like he just walked off the set of Waterworld with a squid on his face.

Dude's cool factor is all in his weird weapons.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Video game character design fact: giving a female character huge tits will get people upset. Giving her a huge ass is empowering.
Miranda Lawson and Chloe Frazer GOAT female character designs.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161736061]I don't know, Predator always looked like he just walked off the set of Waterworld with a squid on his face.

Dude's cool factor is all in his weird weapons.[/QUOTE]
This is pretty spot on.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I can handle one or two. Predactor is fantastic. Star Trek is one long series of crud.

He also made up with Sub Zero by having a conversation and some tea

I can handle one or two. Predactor is fantastic. Star Trek is one long series of crud.

'scuse you, he looks great with that beard.
tumblr_nngdolt3t21qhhv13o1_540.png

Also like I said he can still do this in the comic
tumblr_nngdqqVQxx1qhhv13o1_540.png

gutabo

I've found so far the cheapest air fares for our flights(if I go I won't go alone) are on kayak.com and cheapoair.com. If someone knows of other cheap site, please let me know!

Jamie OD

Want to convert casuals to the fgc? Have a mode where you travel to real tournaments playing cpu made up competitors along the way in game with the final stage being Capcom Cup Finals. That way you promote the Capcom Cup in general.

Sounds kind of like the Kumite mode in Virtua Fighter 4.

vulva

I've found so far the cheapest air fares for our flights(if I go I won't go alone) are on kayak dot com and cheapoair dot com. If someone knows of other cheap site, please let me know!

skiplagged.com searches on kayak for cheap flights but also looks for flights where they're connecting to other destinations but are cheaper (like flying to vegas might cost 500 but flying to LA with a layover in vegas might cost 400 so it lists the layover destination and you can just hop out). It doesn't always work but is worth checking

I always book with expedia, myself.

gutabo

skiplagged.com searches on kayak for cheap flights but also looks for flights where they're connecting to other destinations but are cheaper (like flying to vegas might cost 500 but flying to LA with a layover in vegas might cost 400 so it lists the layover destination and you can just hop out). It doesn't always work but is worth checking

I always book with expedia, myself.

Will check, thanks! Much <3

Top Bottom