• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 14-20 | Some Permutation of "Daigo is Da Bess"

Imm0rt4l

Just about to post this. NY FGC STAY GULLY

Daigo/Tokido/Bonchan better team if they want to guarantee themselves some money. Mago seems kinda lost with who he wants main since Fei got slighty neutered.
Aint nothin gully bout being a passive aggressive and entitled little bitch.

But how can smug slap? Impossibru!!

Team PIE dont just play videogames Monica.
*flashes gang sign

Reverend

Neo Member
Sad part is they could have done something cool with Poison's pirate thing by making it a Ruby Heart costume, but they didn't.

Mikado Arcade GGXrd character "match-up" chart:
mikado%20chart.png

You know it's legit because of that HQ Japanese video footage. B)

Edition Select working at all probably involves some ugly hacks to the engine, so it's not surprising it's limited to offline mode. It probably ran into desync issues in test, if they ever tested it.

Remember guys, it's not always bad devs that cause issues, it's often technical difficulties. :p

casperOne

Mikado Arcade GGXrd character "match-up" chart:
mikado%20chart.png

You know it's legit because of that HQ Japanese video footage. B)

Wait, is this aggregating the matchups based on all battles on the machine, or across the entire network (these are plugged into NESICA, right?).

If the latter, then that's amazing.

Speaking of costumes, what are your top 5 favourite alts in SF?

1. Balrog's first Alt.
2. Fei Long's suit alt
3. Deejay 1st alt, with those Beats By Dre™ Headphones
4. Ryu 1st Alt, Colour 10 everytime. That Goku vs Freiza on Namek look too good
5. Abel's Metal Gear Solid alt

Balrog has the best alts in general tbh

Nice setup they had. :p

Oh yeah, I'm not going to Stunfest now, looks like most of the UK turned around and joined Team NAH. So maybe I can get down to ROF3. :)

The month after that... Dreamhack Summer 2014! I'm going back to get my revenge. :D If you or someone you know wants to go to Dreamhack, let me know and I will try and help you out. Also, if you're going to be there and you're from GAF, let me know so we can organize a GAF meetup. :)

Tik-Tok

You know, I gotta ask... Why is Edition Select even a thing?

If Capcom was doing their job properly, shouldn't the ULTRA version of EVERY character be the BEST version?

1. Balrog's first Alt.
2. Fei Long's suit alt

I never paid much attention to them. The only one I own (other than the others in the package) is Sakura's jogging outfit.

If Capcom was doing their job properly, shouldn't the ULTRA version of EVERY character be the BEST version?

If you're equating "best" with "most well-developed," then yeah. But I'm pretty sure "best" in this situation is being used as "strongest."

Wait, is this aggregating the matchups based on all battles on the machine, or across the entire network (these are plugged into NESICA, right?).

If the latter, then that's amazing.

I'm sure it's at least all of Mikado which means the results are coming from a good sample pool. Although somethings like Millia being really low and Venom being really high seem to go against a lot of tier lists.
Also it's on Sega's ALL.net and not Nesica, so i'm not really sure how they share/handle the data across the network..

jbug617

Banned

1. Balrog's first Alt.
2. Fei Long's suit alt

27_blog32.jpg

27_blog06.jpg

27_blog08.jpg

27_blog09.jpg

2739927-10391969-thumbnail.jpg

Pics are from EH.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Balance is a relative property, and edition select breaks the confinement of the roster to the version being played.

For example, damage was reduced across the board going from Vanilla to Super in the interest of giving players more turns in a round, so Vanilla versions are going to do a ton of damage relative to later versions.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope you guys tune in NCR this weekend! ^__^

Top Bottom