• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 14-20 | Some Permutation of "Daigo is Da Bess"

K.Sabot

In regards to the alternate costumes, who the fuck thinks a subligar with tassets is ever a good idea. Fucking Udon...

Anne

Wait, is this aggregating the matchups based on all battles on the machine, or across the entire network (these are plugged into NESICA, right?).

If the latter, then that's amazing.

It's the network, A ton of Nesica games display this screen with character usage and rankings while on the start screen.

stn

So I have to pre-order the disc version to get Rolento's wizard costume? Why can't they stop milking us all the time and just release it for everyone. Fine, they can even charge $4.99 or whatever for the full set. But this pre-order crap has to go. Most of us probably own SSF4 with AE as DLC.

EDIT: Those Decapre alts are the ugliest I've EVER seen.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Could we break 10k viewers for NLBC this week?

Not going to happen. I'll be lucky if I break 5k. I'm not one of the "featured" channels across mobile devices/front page so they wont find me on the front page. Last time I had 3k (when spooky had 7k) just the week before

Aquashark

Banned
Edition Select working at all probably involves some ugly hacks to the engine, so it's not surprising it's limited to offline mode. It probably ran into desync issues in test, if they ever tested it.

Remember guys, it's not always bad devs that cause issues, it's often technical difficulties. :p
if it works offline, it works online as well. it has nothing to do with netcode.

they're not reinventing the cartwheel here. after all, bootleg AE mods work without desync online.

never underestimate Capcom when it comes to laziness + incompetence. look at the "new" characters, reused assets that still look like they don't fit. there's something off about their hitstop, especially on multihit moves (Rolento's patriot circles, Elena's specials)

..and god, Elena's throws look so disjointed. even MUGEN devs stepped up their game, see Hyper Dragon Ball Z.

SimSimIV

So is this Team Pie vs Sanford drama for real or are they playing it up? Either way it's going to be one hell of a NLBC if they all show up!

Oh it's not Nesica? Derp. Regardless, most networked fighting games in Japan have screens/info like that.

I keep forgetting Allnet is a thing :<

does it take into account player ranking or does it not matter if you're a rookie or not? Because I can sort of see this being skewed slightly if people don't know the matchup

edit: also those costumes for the 4 new characters suck. Rose ballgown and makoto school girl costumes are good. So is fei long bruce lee suit costume, and sagat sweat pant costume

I'd die to see a ft10-15 between Daigo and Sako. Using Ryu and Evil Ryu.. Shit would be amazing.

I'd love to see it as well. I just don't know if Sako will play that match up. He always went to Ibuki against shoto's. But with DWU Ibuki won't be able to dominate them as badly as she does now.

Who knows if he will still counter pick, but if he sticks with Eryu in Ultra I don't think he will need to since Eryu will be getting better and probably won't have that many bad match ups as he does now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Edition Select won't be playable online. The source SG Cafe uses mistakenly says "online-only" according to USD. The new Famitsu article says it's still exclusive to offline play.

Went from actually being hyped back down to nothing after scrolling down a few posts.

Oh well, they said that they were going to look into it afterwards anyways.

You know, I gotta ask... Why is Edition Select even a thing?

If Capcom was doing their job properly, shouldn't the ULTRA version of EVERY character be the BEST version?

Capcom has stated years ago that their philosophy with balance is that they have their own vision and like to group characters in terms of levels of how good they are. Which is why I've never really held any high expectations for whenever they balanced characters.

Anne

does it take into account player ranking or does it not matter if you're a rookie or not? Because I can sort of see this being skewed slightly if people don't know the matchup

edit: also those costumes for the 4 new characters suck. Rose ballgown and makoto school girl costumes are good. So is fei long bruce lee suit costume, and sagat sweat pant costume

As far as I know it's just raw numbers. It's been funny watching DFC since day one, the MU chart has flip flopped all over the place as people figure things out and learn MUs. I dunno exactly how it works for every game, but I assume whenever they show things like this and rankings it's just straight numbers. Ask somebody in Japan how it works, I'm just somebody who watches a lot of videos and follows JP twitter/boards.

Horseress

Capcom has stated years ago that their philosophy with balance is that they have their own vision and like to group characters in terms of levels of how good they are. Which is why I've never really held any high expectations for whenever they balanced characters.

I think that was the case until AEv2012, aka "Apology Edition"

And I just noticed that:

n addition to those costumes, players will also be able to use costumes from Street Fighter x Tekken for the five new characters if they have save data from the crossover present on their consoles, with Decapre taking Cammy’s alternate get-up.

Capcom's lack of shame has no bounderies

But this:

Another new feature for Training Mode is the save and reload function. For example, with C. Viper, you can save the instant that her Seismic Hammer launches the opponent into the air then replay the situation to practice follow-up combos from the attack.

This is pretty cool

Rhapsody

Banned
As far as I know it's just raw numbers. It's been funny watching DFC since day one, the MU chart has flip flopped all over the place as people figure things out and learn MUs. I dunno exactly how it works for every game, but I assume whenever they show things like this and rankings it's just straight numbers. Ask somebody in Japan how it works, I'm just somebody who watches a lot of videos and follows JP twitter/boards.

Are Kuroyukihime and Shana still considered two of the stronger characters in the cast?

Those are the two I want to use the most.
But this:

This is pretty cool
I'm still waiting for Record/Play being an option to be bound to buttons, and also waiting for training dummy reversal options. :/

Shouta

Watching the stream recordings for USFIV and lol at Ayano getting hit with 3 Blanka U1s. Good sandbagging to let Kuramochi win. =o

nycfurby

not with that attitude :(

It's nothing to do with attitude. There are a bunch of factors related to SEO and many many other things that you arent aware of. I'm not pessismistic at all I just don't expect to get 10,000 viewers lol, that's unrealistic for a channel that is 10x smaller on total views and 33% the followers of the spooky channel

kirblar

It's nothing to do with attitude. There are a bunch of factors related to SEO and many many other things that you arent aware of. I'm not pessismistic at all I just don't expect to get 10,000 viewers lol, that's unrealistic for a channel that is 10x smaller on total views and 33% the followers of the spooky channel
Do you put up a "Hey, go to /nycfurby for this weeks NLBC!" message up on the TS channel while you're streaming on Wednesdays?
EMP is Hydra?
Would think more like the Joker, due to all the money being burned off.

thehadou

Neo Member
How many characters in your respective currently played games can you guys play at a proficient level?

I can play about 8-10 characters at a relatively high level in AE, I change my main every basically every day. Been playing Dudley and Juri a lot lately though.

Fun question.

SF4: Guile, Claw, Zangief. Guile is probably the only one I can consistently use in the top 25 or so area of most major tourneys.

ST/HDR: Claw, Guile.

Alpha series: Charlie, Cody.

Killer Instinct: Glacius.

Injustice: Doomsday.

UMvC3: Dorm, and some seriously troll-worthy Ghost Rider.

I have embarrassingly terrible characters in a few other games.

nycfurby

Do you put up a "Hey, go to /nycfurby for this weeks NLBC!" message up on the TS channel while you're streaming on Wednesdays?
\
Would think more like the Joker, due to all the money on fire.

People don't read the topic. this has been proven time and time again by stream chat lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I guess I have to go by the Shoryuken translation, and that says that you can get the SFxT costumes if you have a SFxT save file instead of what sounded like new costumes from the Eventhubs one. I guess all I have to do is figure out where I'm going to get a SFxT save file from.

I think that was the case until AEv2012, aka "Apology Edition"

Well, so far on paper, the characters haven't shifted too much for Ultra.

Anne

Are Kuroyukihime and Shana still considered two of the stronger characters in the cast?

Those are the two I want to use the most.

I'm still waiting for Record/Play being an option to be bound to buttons, and also waiting for training dummy reversal options. :/

Hime is considered S tier by Go1 and Shana is A tier by the same list. I'm inclined to agree with him, Hime's normals are insane and Shana is just solid. I'll post his list and talk about it when I get home, it's just point characters. As far as assists go, I've seen one in particular has a super dominant usage rate.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hime is considered S tier by Go1 and Shana is A tier by the same list. I'm inclined to agree with him, Hime's normals are insane and Shana is just solid. I'll post his list and talk about it when I get home, it's just point characters. As far as assists go, I've seen one in particular has a super dominant usage rate.

I'm pretty sure I've seen GO1's tier list. Wasn't sure if anything changed or if other top players thought otherwise.
Also surprised that Tomoka is lower than where I thought she'd be.

All this sounds good to me. Haven't been watching any vids in awhile, so I'm curious on seeing how KYH players use her color abilities.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kuroyukihime is fucking stupid because she's a wasted character design. They could have made her fucking bad ass but no gotta have moe waifu shit.

CurlyW

We've gone full LoL.

Never go full LoL.

Wish they'd give the newer characters more alternate costumes so they can catch up to the older cast.

For years, I've been wanting Capcom to team up with Project Runway for an episode where the contestants design costumes for the female characters, with the winning costume actually being sold as DLC. This will never happen.

Did you leave your pc on near a 12 year old?

He is a 12-year-old.

Infinite

Does anyone remember the excuse "I don't play anime games because Japan is going to be better than us anyway"? Doesn't this seem like even more of a load of shit now in light of Topanga World and the fact that Japan has basically gotten the last two versions of SF4 before us? Also lets not even talk about how Japan beat the west decisively in CVS2 and 3s. idk random thought I had today.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Does anyone remember the excuse "I don't play anime games because Japan is going to be better than us anyway"? Doesn't this seem like even more of a load of shit now in light of Topanga World and the fact that Japan has basically gotten the last two versions of SF4 before us? Also lets not even talk about how Japan beat the west decisively in CVS2 and 3s. idk random thought I had today.

It's just people looking for excuses for why they currently suck. I mean they do have the advantage of arcades with diverse characters being used so they level up pretty damn fast. But at the same time we have access to footage of it. It's not the same as fighting against it but it's way better than nothing. In short people who use that excuse are lazy

SmokeMaxX

Yeah but people play Mahvel tho.

Shouta

It's just people looking for excuses for why they currently suck. I mean they do have the advantage of arcades with diverse characters being used so they level up pretty damn fast. But at the same time we have access to footage of it. It's not the same as fighting against it but it's way better than nothing. In short people who use that excuse are lazy

Japan had the edge and the US still got 4 out of 8 people in Top 8 for Persona 4 Arena, heh.

Top Bottom