• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 23-29

LI's stream is starting which also reminds me Alexis Texas is coming to my local Strip Club in June. My goal is to have my face in her ass.

Razer said:
If you are not reading this with Guile’s theme playing in your head, well, you should. 'Cause this is exciting news, and you should be psyched.

We are pleased to announce the signing of Super Street Fighter IV stars, Keita “Fuudo” Ai and Hiromiki “Itazan” Kumada to Team Razer. The awesome duo possess a wealth of experience and credentials in the fighting games arena, having won top-flight fighting game competitions such as the Super Battle Opera, EVO Championship Series and World Cyber Games. They will compete for Team Razer in 2012 and assist in the development of the Razer Arcade Stick.

Let’s welcome them to Team Razer and expect some masterclass playing from us in 2012.

http://www.facebook.com/razer

edit: yessssss

Busaiku

I don't get Latif's sponsorships.
He never really went to many things when he was Broken Tier, and it seems like he's getting around even less after becoming Razer.

Azure J

Skullgirls joining the EVO lineup would be crazy awesome, but you know what'd really be hype? An announcement for "I Wanna Be The EVO", co-developed by Solgryn & the guy behind IWBTG. Applicants win unlimited bragging rights if they clear it all in one sitting without a ragequit.

Seriously though, whatever happened to that idea? :lol

Fuudo and Itabashi will also attend Shadowloo Showdown joining an already packed field of players.

Good to know, I'm really happy those for those 2. Hopefully we'll see them more in American events, especially Itabashi who hasn't been here yet. VF is their love, but SF4 pays the bills.

Since they both got sponsored, I can't help but post this video again. It shows how close they must be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVswCjjE2Mw

Venfayth

This seems kinda weird because I don't think they are making a ps3 version of their stick and EVO is ps3.

also why does it take well over a year to develop a fight stick? parts are standardized. unless they are making their own parts, in which case, good luck, I guess.

They're using Sanwa (iirc) parts, but they're developing their own case and they've revised it more than two dozen times now based on feedback from members of the FGC. They have a pretty big Shoryuken thread.

jbug617

Banned
What? It's 3k pot bonus on top of however many people show. So lets say 300 came for Marvel 3, that's 6k total with 4200 going to 1st if they do the 70/20/10 split.

wonder if EG make Justin go to MLG because he would have a better chance winning ECT4 Marvel.

Busaiku

What? It's 3k pot bonus on top of however many people show. So lets say 300 came for Marvel 3, that's 6k total with 4200 going to 1st if they do the 70/20/10 split.

The $2500 from SRK.

Oh wait, that's only $1000 for 4 tournaments.
Whoops, guess it makes sense why they're weren't mentioning that.

jbug617

Banned
Those model pics

2.jpg

The $2500 from SRK.

Oh wait, that's only $1000 for 4 tournaments.
Whoops, guess it makes sense why they're weren't mentioning that.

Oh, that's what you meant. But that money is only going to 4 tournaments that's apart of the EVO tourney season. And ECT is not one of the them, the first two were Final Round and NCR. The next two is UFGT and CEO.

jbug617

Banned
Oh, that's what you meant. But that money is only going to 4 tournaments that's apart of the EVO tourney season. And ECT is not one of the them, the first two were Final Round and NCR. The next two is UFGT and CEO.

the 3k pot for Marvel is donated by 1 guy from the website oneframelink.com

Also Joe said that after EVO he is taking a break from fighting games and trying to play SC2 and maybe on a competitive level.

the 3k pot for Marvel is donated by 1 guy from the website oneframelink.com

Also Joe said that after EVO he is taking a break from fighting games and trying to play SC2 and maybe on a competitive level.

I know, I'm watching the stream to. But really, lol at Joe trying to become a pro SC2 player. I wish him the best but I don't have much faith in his new venture, unless he was a godlike Starcraft player at one point and I just didn't know about it.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
LI Joe is getting in to Starcraft after playing it for one day. "Who is Idra?" ... I give him a week. Or until he runs in to some legitimately good players.

I mean I love LI Joe but what the fuck man. smh.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
LI Joe is getting in to Starcraft after playing it for one day. "Who is Idra?" ... I give him a week. Or until he runs in to some legitimately good players.

I mean I love LI Joe but what the fuck man. smh.

Are you shaking your head at the fact that he doesn't know who idra is? If so then
KuGsj.gif

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
USD said:
THURSDAY

Game Spot Versus SFIII:3S Casuals + East-West Battle (JP) | 8:20PM JST (UTC +9, 7:20 EDT)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/versus-live21
Thinking of checking this one out. Nishi Nippori is on my commute, so I may start frequenting... Anyone from GAF in the area?

Also gonna drop this in here from the last thread, just in case:

B-Genius said:
I'm going to Singapore on business 22nd-24th May and was wondering if anyone from fighting GAF had a hand in that part of the world.

I know there are some pretty major players, and I've been checking out sites like Round1 for info, so it all sounds pretty exciting.

This is a supposed to be a weekly thread, so I'll understand if there isn't any news straight away, but if anyone has any insight I'm all ears. Even if there aren't any tournaments or anything, I'd love to check out some of the local arcades, as I hear they're pretty slammin'.

Top Bottom