• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 23-29

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I really don't know if SFxTK is fixable right now- I think it's now got super-negative momentum, to the point where people don't want to learn the game.

I don't think there is a realistic fix for SFxT. The game was a conceptual mess from the start, and Capcom's execution didn't save it. Capcom delivered on their pre-release promise (for once) of throwing a bunch of shit at the wall. Unfortunately, that promise resulted in an overstuffed, incoherent hodgepodge because Capcom is trying to go in too many directions at once with it.

Chavelo

Wouldn't be surprised, it's how every other F2P cashshop game is handled.

the-rock-clapping.gif

Like I said before: Capcom is the perfect developer to go ahead and create Capcom Fighters: Super DOTA edition.

8 rotating characters, 2 free stages to start. 80 possible characters, 30 stages, 10000000000000 costumes, and hell, add gems and grooves.

Shit will sell like hotcakes. :D

:(

vulva

That shadowloo promo was fucking boss. Gonna have to recall my insomnia that weekend.

Also has playerjun been active lately? I remember being sad he couldn't make it to ss2011

Wouldn't be surprised, it's how every other F2P cashshop game is handled.

I won't lie, with the fun that I'm currently having for free with Tribes: Ascend and how burned I've been by the last couple of full priced fighting games that I've tried I'm totally ready to try a ftp fighter. Valve just needs to scoop up some smaller shop with some fighting game experience like Iron Galaxy games and create Team Fortress 2 Tournament and I'm there day one.

zlatko

Banned
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena.144869/page-26

FGD even has threads for MLP and DFO, haha. There are alot of threads for random fighting games in FGD. I don't mind SRK much, but I just go to tech talk and FGD, and the marketplace sometimes.

Thanks. I want some more hype for this game though damn it. It has my favorite stages of any fighter on it, music is awesome, characters are ones I'm already in love with, etc.

Day 1, limited editions, etc etc. Can't wait to watch some of it live this weekend to see how it is in action as a spectator.

But Justin will be there... o_O

MarlinPie vs. Justin for TRUE marvel play. :D

YES YES and YES!

This should have been the finals at Winter Brawl. Justin beat Marlin in losers 3-2 in a close ass set then went on to 6-2 Chris G in the finals. Totally rather had Justin vs Marlin.

Junie12

Wow at these events on the weekend.

Just so many streams to watch...

Glad I have a light schedule this weekend. I should be able to stream monster the majority of the events here. Can't wait!

kof13 is the best modern fighting game

I never pass up the opportunity to let everyone know that its my favorite fighting game this generation.

Its shame that the netcode is below average, otherwise it would be more popular. Hopefully people will see how good it is a EVO and more players pick it up.

The netcode is too scrubby for me to play it.

I agree.

I don't understand the high horse people get on when they try to get people to play the new KOF. "Oh you don't play KOF? You must not be good enough. Go ahead and go back to AE."

I'm not sure why everyone just assumes that not playing KOF means playing SFxTK or the like.

And I would play KOF if the netcode was fixed, for the record.

That's a silly way to spell Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but I'll allow it!

Even sillier way to spell, Virtua Fighter 5:Final Showdown.

I agree.

I don't understand the high horse people get on when they try to get people to play the new KOF. "Oh you don't play KOF? You must not be good enough. Go ahead and go back to AE."

I'm not sure why everyone just assumes that not playing KOF means playing SFxTK or the like.

I don't know who does that here, and if there are, I cannot think of any fans of non-capcom fighting games who doesn't do that.

Lulubop

Fiend and Ross not attending Shadowloo? That's a disappointing. Would like to see Xiaohai take on Bala as well, maybe that will happen at evo.

KOF13 is 25 on amazon at the moment but even then I'm really hesitant to buy it due to its netcode =/

I really loved KOF98 dream match back in the day too QQ

Just check that Shadowloo trailer and DAMN.

plus my sponsership game is rusty since i didn't know Gamerbee got a new sponsor and Fuudo was apart of Razer.

Also glad to see guys like Chris G, DJ Houshen and MarlinPie making it down there as well.

Chavelo

I agree.

shiggy-2.gif

Who... actually said that? o_O

Only time I see something remotely similar to that happening is when people complain about the how the current gen of fighting games suck but they dont play KOF.

I guess I must have taken it too seriously.

I'm a huge Tekken fan. I don't do that.

Maybe I should phrase that better, every non-capcom fighter has rabid fans, so why single out the rabid KOF fans?

Silly Terareflection, Halo 4 isn't a fighting game, but it may very well become best shooter of this gen. Who knows?

Zafina is not awesome. Not in T6 anyway. :(

I don't play shooters, but it seems to me that you're implying that TTT2 may end being a better game than VF5:FS. If so, lol.

For the record, I love the fuck out of Tekken, but VF needs love too.

Zafina looks like hot fiya in TTT2, though.

Chavelo

I think we (rabid Capcom and rabid non-Capcom-games fans alike) can all agree that SFxT is a boring game in general, right? :p

zlatko

Banned
I think we (rabid Capcom and rabid non-Capcom-games fans alike) can all agree that SFxT is a boring game in general, right? :p

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! ; ; Yeah it's true that it is boring as fuck to watch.

I do like playing it though. Either way I'm retiring playing fighting games until P4A. Diablo 3 next month for all summer long like a boss.

I just saw the new Shadowloo trailer, how do these guys manage to pull it off, seriously? When it comes to getting all these known players and promising the guaranteed pot, nobody has done it like they could. Sure EVO could do it if they wanted to but they don't, but point being, I don't think anybody else besides the guys at Shadowloo Showdown(and Canada Cup) have the resources to pull this off. It was quite a amazing feat they pulled off last year by getting so many top Japanese players. This year they've outdone themselves by getting tons of great players from all over the world and even in the Marvel department as well.

zlatko

Banned
I just saw the new Shadowloo trailer, how do these guys manage to pull it off, seriously? When it comes to getting all these known players and promising the guaranteed pot, nobody has done it like they could. Sure EVO could do it if they wanted to but they don't, but point being, I don't think anybody else besides the guys at Shadowloo Showdown(and Canada Cup) have the resources to pull this off. It was quite a amazing feat they pulled off last year by getting so many top Japanese players. This year they've outdone themselves by getting tons of great players from all over the world and even in the Marvel department as well.

They announce the tournament a fuck ton ahead of time. While I don't know the logistics for $, I do think the one thing they do to help get players out there is offer them places to sleep stay and eat, and treat them like kings. That's according to Mike and Ryan.

Top Bottom