• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm only allowed to post one... No NSFW pictures for you guys, sorry :(
eDkfOB3.jpg

doesnt chris g have sherry? man wants every woman he can get. dat fgc celeb life kappa

Dahbomb

I honestly can't tell who's a bigger nut... PRRog or Nemo.

Nemo presses buttons with Strange in the corner against a Wolverine breathing down his neck. Goes for naked ass zip lines as well, gets thrown. Doesn't snap in Vergil even once in a 30 game set. Does random ass Speed Tackles all day.

PRRog will press buttons and go for yolo Rapid Slashes against a Spencer who has 4 bars and XF stocked. Goes for yolo Helm Breakers, Dive Kicks and Foot Dives all day. Will throw projectiles as Doom against Strange and Nova when they are stocked on meter.

So I found ANOTHER coworker who plays Injustice today. She uses Catwoman and tried to feign ignorance to lull me into taking it easy on her.

Grundy got the W though.

Horseress

never heard of aquele, the actual word for it is andador according to my knowledge. south america probably uses other words compared to PR/DR

ok my bad, I speak portuguese and I thought I heard "aquele", but it was not that :lol

But he did said "day walker" in spanish

Sayah

Question 1: Are the fast air and ground dashes with Trish only possible on a stick because it seems like you can't do them sufficiently without breaking your thumbs on a dpad.

Question 2: I want to use Magneto but he's another character the Ultimate update made unviable for me. I used to be easily able to do his bnb in vanilla. Then they decided to switch things around. I can't do his new bnb......too many transitions from ground to air. Though, I find Dr. Strange's bnb to be easy.

I think I will get back into UMvC3 after this semester ends but it depends on whether or not I'm successful in making an actual team.

Dahbomb

Question 1: Are the fast air and ground dashes with Trish only possible on a stick because it seems like you can't do them sufficiently without breaking your thumbs on a dpad.

Question 2: I want to use Magneto but he's another character the Ultimate update made unviable for me. I used to be easily able to do his bnb in vanilla. Then they decided to switch things around. I can't do his new bnb......too many transitions from ground to air. Though, I find Dr. Strange's bnb to be easy.

I think I will get back into UMvC3 after this semester ends but it depends on whether or not I'm successful in making an actual team.

1) No it's fair easy to dash if you have a LMH button bind which every pad player should. You can either plink it or just do regular wave dashes (button bind, down, button bind).

2) Not sure what the question is here. Magneto has some easier combos that you should learn first.

Beckx

shit this match has already featured 40 seconds of firing and insane dodging with no one getting hit.

aniking looking too strong.

edit: or not

Zissou

For Mags- I recommend learning the FChamp bnb- it's not too difficult, reliable, and always corner carries.

Sayah

Edit: This is my Dr. Strange bnb btw. I suck with using him as a character, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFDPP-YL_M
1) No it's fair easy to dash if you have a LMH button bind which every pad player should. You can either plink it or just do regular wave dashes (button bind, down, button bind).

2) Not sure what the question is here. Magneto has some easier combos that you should learn first.

I forgot about the button binds. Will have to see what I can do with that.

For Mags- I recommend learning the FChamp bnb- it's not too difficult, reliable, and always corner carries.

That's supposed to be easy? lol. I would fail that combo.

Zissou

I forgot about the button binds. Will have to see what I can do with that.

That's supposed to be easy? lol. I would fail that combo.

It's not too bad really! Other 'easier' options will make it harder in the long run since they won't corner carry and/or won't always let you end in magnetic tempest (reducing your damage to unacceptable levels). Don't you play Tekken? Marvel execution should be cake :p

Sayah

It's not too bad really! Other 'easier' options will make it harder in the long run since they won't corner carry and/or won't always let you end in magnetic tempest (reducing your damage to unacceptable levels). Don't you play Tekken? Marvel execution should be cake :p

I find Marvel execution harder. Though, Tekken also has certain things which I still cannot completely do in a match (i.e. flapping butterfly).

But thanks for posting it. I'll save the link and try that combo when I get a chance.

Dahbomb

Yea Tekken combos are easier than Marvel 3 combos. Minus crazy stuff like combos with like 5 EWGFs in them. Most of the execution of Tekken comes from character specific stuff (like EWGF), some instant rise combos and mainly the movement.

I honestly can't tell who's a bigger nut... PRRog or Nemo.

Nemo presses buttons with Strange in the corner against a Wolverine breathing down his neck. Goes for naked ass zip lines as well, gets thrown. Doesn't snap in Vergil even once in a 30 game set. Does random ass Speed Tackles all day.

PRRog will press buttons and go for yolo Rapid Slashes against a Spencer who has 4 bars and XF stocked. Goes for yolo Helm Breakers, Dive Kicks and Foot Dives all day. Will throw projectiles as Doom against Strange and Nova when they are stocked on meter.

I don't believe Nemo was playing his absolute best. He was definitely hiding his snap in mix ups with Nova + Spencer wire grapple.

Beckx

aniking and schooly made socal look free in voot, but aniking takes it with a fantastic specineff play.

Gundam starting soon at Vector Strike.

Yea Tekken combos are easier than Marvel 3 combos. Minus crazy stuff like combos with like 5 EWGFs in them. Most of the execution of Tekken comes from character specific stuff (like EWGF), some instant rise combos and mainly the movement.

Doing 5 EWGF in a combo way harder than anything in Marvel. I find Marvel combo very rhythm base.

Keylow415

aniking and schooly made socal look free in voot, but aniking takes it with a fantastic specineff play.

Gundam starting soon at Vector Strike.

that was a great and really fun match to watch. never really watch voot before and it was pretty awesome

Sayah

Doing 5 EWGF in a combo way harder than anything in Marvel. I find Marvel combo very rhythm base.

EWGF are very character specific though. Doing 5 EWGF will show your crazy hand dexterity but I don't know if it's entirely useful to be doing so many EWGF anyway unless you can get a bound or a wall carry out of it.

I like to evaluate combo execution more so on a practical basis. Like Kazuya's WS 2 into EWGF would be very practical for extra damage if you can do it, which 99.9% of the Tekken population can't.

Then, the other two characters which I would consider legitimately hard for good extra damage are Nina and Dragunov. If you really want to have optimal damage with both of them, you really need to have precise timing and hand movements down. Though, other people will say Nina's butterfly extensions aren't hard. I disagree
because I can only do them in practice. :p
But Tekken execution, I would say, is largely easy for most characters.

AAK

Don't you play Tekken? Marvel execution should be cake :p

BnB combo execution is pretty easy in Tekken since consistency is paramount. Only thing that would really demand practice is the instant Shining Wizard combo's with King/AKing/Julia or the DSS cancels for Law. Going into combo video territory is ridiculous.

The only execution-wise hard part in Tekken comes from being able to have complete control of your charater's movement.
But Harada has already said he'll make it easy in the future games.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Xiao Hai and Xian is such a good set. Tons of dropped combos from both players, but the intensity/ground game is a pleasure to watch.

As I mentioned before on twitter/here, top 2 will be Bonchan / Daigo. It's Daigo's to lose right now. He should be able to defeat Xiao Hai, but I have a feeling that Bonchan will win their set. Bonchan needs to win all his stuff too!

This set is so tense lol.

I'm trying so hard to stay alive but I have no idea how I'm going to make it to Bonchan vs Daigo if that's the match that decides it all. I want Bonchan and Daigo to win their next match so it's not a forgone conclusion that Daigo has already won and they're only playing to finish the league.

I do miss the format that they use to have when the round robin would determine each players position and then you could play your way up and still win the whole thing despite finishing last during league play.

What a comeback by Xiaohai.

EDIT: Xiaohai wins the set and stays alive to claim that 1st place prize. He needs to beat Daigo and have Bonchan lose one more time and he would win the 3 way tiebreaker. Xian is out of top 3 for sure now. Which is too bad because that's basically where the money is.

mbpm1

Me: Xian don't press too many buttons.
*2 seconds later Xiaohai blows up a button with spiral arrow*
Me: WHAT DID I SAY XIAN
*Xiaohai makes a comeback with 0 life*
Me: WHAT DID I SAY

Top Bottom