• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 1-7 | Guest characters are banned

ShinMaruku

image.php

Exhibit A of overdesigned Japanese art. The ninja Princesses are not over desgined they just have magnificent breasts.

Come on guys stop acting like this character is ruining tekken you sound terrible.

Imm0rt4l

smug has been playing out of his mind. He might miss like 1 out of ever 30, 1 frame links.

image.php

Exhibit A of overdesigned Japanese art. The ninja Princesses are not over desgined they just have magnificent breasts.

Come on guys stop acting like this character is ruining tekken you sound terrible.
image.php

chill just cuz you like that wack ass character design doesn't mean we all gotta like it. Nobody said it's ruining anything, shits just wack. Also grey fox is hardly overdesigned when you take context into consideration...

Dahbomb

This character isn't "ruining Tekken" and no one actually made that claim. It's just simply a bad character design no matter what game it is in. It would even be bad in a DOA game.

ShinMaruku

This character isn't "ruining Tekken" and no one actually made that claim. It's just simply a bad character design no matter what game it is in. It would even be bad in a DOA game.

Some people were implying that. The funny and sad thing is in DOA Marie Rose is actually really fucking good and she crushes people.

I just find this funny people want inclusion of all fans and in a game like Tekken with their character designs are second to none in that regard are poo-pooing a demographic that would add to the net diversity of Tekken's cast.

But this is a place for discussion and Harada gives no fucks I hope to see her at tourneis making people explode into francium floride.

Village

Why do you keep bringing up those characters? They are ridiculous characters but they aren't over designed or garish.

Alex is just a velociraptor with boxing gloves... he doesn't have shades, headphones, a jump suit and cowboy boots on.

And people pointing to bad character designs in Tekken is a terrible argument. Characters like Alisa and Lars are bad characters design too, you are not making this monstrosity look better by comparing them to some of Tekken's badly designed characters.

Well that point is completely subjective, especially considering those characters are popular, " those are bad character designs " but their popular so what does anything you are saying actually mean in greater sense. So both of you aren't really getting anywhere with your points. Because well its a " I like it " "well I don't " kinda thing.

That said, uh while I am ambivalent towards the new girl. Her design don't do much for me, there are elements that are good, and will be taken. But Together its just kinda eh, but this whole discussion brings up something that never gets brought up.

Why does no one mention that their is a human amalgamation of the first two Lincoln park CD's in tekken.

Dahbomb

I thought characters like Lili, Alisa, Eliza and Xiayou/Miharu already covered that demographic. And then you had a metric ton of customization to dress them up in various Japanese tropes (maid outfits, goth outfits etc).

ShinMaruku

smug has been playing out of his mind. He might miss like 1 out of ever 30, 1 frame links.

image.php

chill just cuz you like that wack ass character design doesn't mean we all gotta like it. Nobody said it's ruining anything, shits just wack. Also grey fox is hardly overdesigned when you take context into consideration...

I love her because the salt she's engendering she's great nothing is wack about that. I find when something makes people look like bitches it's funny. I think everybody needs to relax. I'm enjoying the ride. My avatar choice is there specifically to make people avatar quote, you do know that right?

Imm0rt4l

I love her because the salt she's engendering she's great nothing is wack about that. I find when something makes people look like bitches it's funny. I think everybody needs to relax. I'm enjoying the ride. My avatar choice is there specifically to make people avatar quote, you do know that right?

Well there you have it. That's an awfully weird reason to like the character, but do you.

I thought characters like Lili, Alisa, Eliza and Xiayou/Miharu already covered that demographic. And then you had a metric ton of customization to dress them up in various Japanese tropes (maid outfits, goth outfits etc).

Isn't Marie Rose inspired by Lili? So it came back to tekken in the form of Lucky Chloe?

It's like Ryu ->Ryo -> Dan, except Chloe isn't a parody

Dahbomb

This post explains it. No need to discuss this any further.

ShinMaruku

I would be indifferent to her but this reaction is making me laugh.

But the real point of the matter is if she's fun to play and her play style adds to the game and she gets fans,she's served her purpose. I hate Sim and Blanka, but I would never say remove them they add to the game.

ShinMaruku

Well there you have it. That's an awfully weird reason to like the character, but do you.

You find it wierd, I find it a valid reason. People are different. Some people could enjoy the character because she's so wack people could like her because she's a troll, if people like her and she adds to the it's a net positive and renders most of the bitching irrelevant.

Deejay design is 20 times better than lucky chode. I love how salty he makes people.

Rufus. Die in a fire. Give your move set to somebody else, minus dive kick.

Top Bottom