• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 15-21 | I did the math; it came out to 500,000

Marz

His changes are whack as hell compared to most others. They barely did anything with dynamic with him.

His far Fierce moves him forward a bit now, which I think is great. Valle will love that.

What? That's an amazing change, makes his already solid fireball game even better.

Kimosabae

Banned
I forgot about the Ryu parry. How do you execute that?

Is anyone else unable to execute Red Focus? My character's are Omega but I can't execute RF at all. It's mk+mp+lp, right?

The newly announced one with the 500.000 price pool.
Or did I misunderstand it?

Well, there's going to be a lot of major tournaments starting next year up until that point.

Personally, I don't see Smug winning unless he becomes at least as good with one or two alternate top tier characters next year.

But I'm willing to say that for just about every player, outside a handful.

Omega characters don't have red focus.

Ryu's parry is forward+hp+hk. The puuunch is lp+mp+hp after that. (Don't even have to succeed at parrying)

His changes are whack as hell compared to most others. They barely did anything with dynamic with him.

His far Fierce moves him forward a bit now, which I think is great. Valle will love that.
Are you talking about his Omega changes? Because that video is new ultra changes and that's actually pretty nice.

Shito

Ryu's parry is not a real parry, though: saw on Valle's stream that armor break moves break it.
It's more of a glorified focus than a parry.

Kimosabae

Banned
Oh, yeah, I was talking about Omega. Didn't realize anyone cared about Ultra changes

kappa

*edit*

I think Omega Shotos might actually be slightly negative after their f. throw.

There's finally a Delayed Wakeup option training mode.

And I still can't pick the damn stage I want to enter training mode in. Why is that such a luxury?

Marz

Oh, yeah, I was talking about Omega. Didn't realize anyone cared about Ultra changes

kappa

*edit*

I think Omega Shotos might actually be slightly negative after their f. throw.

There's finally a Delayed Wakeup option training mode.

And I still can't pick the damn stage I want to enter training mode in. Why is that such a luxury?

Delayed wakeup option has been in training mode for months

casperOne

Thanks for the spotlight love. <3

Wait, how is it that your favorite game is SFA2 when you main Bison? Pick a top tier already =P

Still no interview rip

I thought you were featured early on?

They didn't even make gouken into an animal. What is he supposed to be?

gouken.jpg

I don't know what a tengu is, but Gouken looks like he's ready to bring the party.

Dear lord, how do you people play charge characters?

Loved them in ST, not fond of them in SF4, can't put my finger on why.

What do you guys think about the talk of players being in booths/ in house commentary?

Not sure I approve.

I don't, like all the others that have mentioned it, it's not necessary to have booths because a player can't gain anything from an announcer slip up.

LI Joe's is superb, I recommend that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVeKxgZReGo

I think the EX upkick buff is going to be real for DeeJay and fix his biggest weakness outside of damage, and a high damage DeeJay would be top tier.

I hope PC patch is today, I expected it late today- Valve isn't awake yet. If it gets delayed- well 98UM comes out tomorrow so I'll be ok with it.
After 4 years.. Deejay can finally fight back when knocked down. Too bad they didn't revert all the other nerfs smfh
...so vulgar

Ryu1999

As someone mentioned earlier, I think Art was just demonstrating Ultra changes for Ryu, not Omega changes

Shito

Anyone buying the animal costume DLC?
Nah, too ugly.

The more I see Omega Mode being played, and the more I think about it, the more I believe this is a big "let's go wild!" sandbox for them to test shits for SF5, and see what sticks.
The change on throws alone makes me think that.

Nah, too ugly.

The more I see Omega Mode being played, and the more I think about it, the more I believe this is a big "let's go wild!" sandbox for them to test shits for SF5, and see what sticks.
The change on throws alone makes me think that.

Definitely. I noticed this right when I Chun's air combos in SFV then looked at Dhalsim's air combos in Omega. Really testing the water and seeing how it works out and how the community takes it.

Marz

Yea good on Capcom for at least giving people a reason to play Ryu over Evil Ryu now. His zoning game just got a lot better, think it makes cr.mk hadouken a true blockstring at more ranges too?

BadWolf

Yea good on Capcom for at least giving people a reason to play Ryu over Evil Ryu now. His zoning game just got a lot better, think it makes cr.mk hadouken a true blockstring at more ranges too?

Wonder if Daigo will go back to him now, considering how much he loves chucking them fireballs.

Kimosabae

Banned

Yeah. Only at, like, the VERY tip of the hatbox does it not combo.

*edit*

That's right. Hatbox.

*edit2*

In the process of uploading a match VS a Yun player that I thought was funny, but it seems to be taking a long ass time. How long does this usually take?

Shito

In the process of uploading a match VS a Yun player that I thought was funny, but it seems to be taking a long ass time. How long does this usually take?
As long as downing a boss in Destiny.
Last time I've tried, it would give me an error RIGHT AT THE END, and would ask me to start all over again as the retry option. Tsk.

Top Bottom