• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 8-14 | Sony pleads the FiF

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Fair enough since I haven't been up to date with Street Fighter at all the past few months, but I had no idea that a balance patch was in the works to come out tomorrow with Omega Edition already.

Capcom smartened up and put Dee Jay's L Dread Kick back the way it was, but it shouldn't have been touched in the first place. Still not enough improvements for him, but that move is one of his best ones that needed to return to what it was.

Fuerte only got a bug fix, thank you Capcom - I wouldn't have minded getting U2 being returned to its 2012 3 frame + damage glory, but anything is better than making him worse.

Hakan continues to silently grow better and better, and still no one is taking advantage of this. I will alongside Fuerte whenever I buy Ultra though.

Hugo got some needed improvements too luckily.

Since Omega Edition is coming out tomorrow already, I guess I gotta start looking for USF4 for a great price to finally get in there. In there especially for Fuerte, Hakan, Hugo and a return to Dee Jay maybe among others. Maybe Makoto and Ibuki like I originally planned too, Fuerte & Hakan as mains still.

Tizoc

A billion Bison Dollars for anyone who can get a cleaner, clearer ver. of this image
110721-shad-2.jpg

BadWolf

Now that both ArcSys and Capcom have shown what new GG and SF will look like moving forward, it's just SNK left now to show what they have come with for KOF.

Going to be tough since both GGXrd and SFV look fantastic.

MrDaravon

This week's Excellent Adventures is amazing. That ending

I seriously need whatever they had before filming this one because damn son.

was just looking for a general review from somewhere i feel comfortable trusting

how do you like it? do you use it often?

I actually really like it. It's small form enough that I can keep it on my entertainment center (which is just filled with stuff) and it's easy enough to go from switching around HDMI on the PS4/Wii U to component for PS3. I don't use the software for recording because it's eh and I have Xsplit, but it's easy to switch between configurations. Don't use it as often as I would like to, but it's definitely solid if you're in the market for a capture card.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
was just looking for a general review from somewhere i feel comfortable trusting

how do you like it? do you use it often?
If you want recommendations on capture cards, you should spell out what you plan to use it with (what consoles, what kind of computer, whether it's just for simple recording or if you want to livestream with it, etc).

Wait, they buffed poison even more? She's my main and even I thought she should of been nerfed. Also i'm interested to see how ryu's new fireball speeds effect his gameplay.

Compbros

I actually really like it. It's small form enough that I can keep it on my entertainment center (which is just filled with stuff) and it's easy enough to go from switching around HDMI on the PS4/Wii U to component for PS3. I don't use the software for recording because it's eh and I have Xsplit, but it's easy to switch between configurations. Don't use it as often as I would like to, but it's definitely solid if you're in the market for a capture card.

I find streaming through the software to be less CPU intensive but it's barebones as hell. If you want overlays and the like then avoid the streaming software. Recording is fine as well if you're going through the PC but PC-less recording is kind of buggy, dunno if this was addressed in a firmware update or not but I'd get a few graphical glitches and a second or two getting skipped with PC-free.

.la1n

So what is Daigo's status as of now? Free to Dhalsim and NorCal?

Still one of the greatest Street Fighter players on the planet. Not sure why anyone thinks not winning EVO / Capcom Cup all of a sudden changes that. Did people miss all the 1st place finishes he had in tournaments this year?

GooeyHeat

Now that both ArcSys and Capcom have shown what new GG and SF will look like moving forward, it's just SNK left now to show what they have come with for KOF.

Going to be tough since both GGXrd and SFV look fantastic.
"Existing" would be a great start.

Speaking of which, has SNK or Code Mystics given any sort of explanation for the... four-day delay of KOF98UM's Steam release? What can even get done in four days?

Azure J

Looks like zoom-ins on plain old damn blocking to me.

Actually, maybe you're right. I'm just too used to emphasized animations = some special shit is going on. With how everything in SFV looks so meaty and heavy, maybe blocking animations are just showing the opposite end of things as blows connect and the hit sparks fly.

Dahbomb

Justin needs to get desperate, drop Rufus and pick up Elena. The white haired African females power him up to max power level.

Sounds good, thanks.

If you want recommendations on capture cards, you should spell out what you plan to use it with (what consoles, what kind of computer, whether it's just for simple recording or if you want to livestream with it, etc).

I threw you a pm

I find streaming through the software to be less CPU intensive but it's barebones as hell. If you want overlays and the like then avoid the streaming software. Recording is fine as well if you're going through the PC but PC-less recording is kind of buggy, dunno if this was addressed in a firmware update or not but I'd get a few graphical glitches and a second or two getting skipped with PC-free.

Something to keep in mind if I get one, thanks

Washed up as fuck. Not consistent. Too stubborn. FChamp's bitch etc.

I totally forgot Fchamp existed until the exhibition against Valle yesterday. Which is funny because the only time I remember him is when Gaf or r/kappa post him talking smack about beating Daigo because it seems like forever since he really has been in the spotlight. I'm out of the loop but I don't even remember the last time I've seen him do anything in a tournament to be honest. Whenever I think of UMVC3, the last event I can think of is Jwong going on a train. Is he still sponsored? Because it seems like he hasn't been very active or as visible as he can be. Just wondering because I thought someone mentioned he got some kind of salary as a player.

Kikujiro

Justin needs to get desperate, drop Rufus and pick up Elena. The white haired African females power him up to max power level.

Justin needs to get back in the lab and start grinding. His Rufus is the same as two-three years ago, while both Ricky and Andreas got better with the character.
Maybe it's because he plays other games too, but talent isn't going to take him anywhere with this kind of competition and it's only going to get fiercer in the next years.

Top Bottom