• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

Keits

Developer
Divekick pools at SCR were amazing yesterday. Really tense matches and a huge mass of really amazing players. The biggest upset was Fiyah Liger using Redacted to beat EVO Champ Mean Saltine's Markman and put him in losers. Online, they call Markman/Redacted a 7/3.

Top 8 is today at 4pm PST on one of the streams. Please join us to watch the final vanilla Divekick tournament.

Top 8 Winners:
Fiyah Liger (Redacted)
vs
Parrythelightning (S-Kill, Markman)

Sanchaz (Kick, The Baz)
vs
Adelheid (S-Kill)

Top 8 Losers:
Mean Saltine (Counterpick city, USA)
vs
East Gold (Kenny)

Gunthor the Perilous (The Baz, Dive)
vs
Foo (Stream, Uncle Sensei, Mr N)

Kimosabae

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";102741806]I had a dream last night that Drake was starring in a remake of Juice and in the trailer he was driving a lamborghini to the Gootecks and Mike Ross Show studio. Except Mike Ross was Killer Kai in blackface.[/QUOTE]

Kickstarter. I will donate any and everything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | Smednixed
FGW | Slayer of No One

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";102741806]I had a dream last night that Drake was starring in a remake of Juice and in the trailer he was driving a lamborghini to the Gootecks and Mike Ross Show studio. Except Mike Ross was Killer Kai in blackface.[/QUOTE]
iYNmNFOrA8NIJ.GIF

casperOne

What did you guys think of the teaser trailer for Fightermania?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9kGaov030

Needless to say, there's a lot of stuff planned
(work for this started over a month ago)

Granted, it was a 30-something person tournament, but this is the first time I've made top 16 in anything (ST):

http://nextlevel.challonge.com/2o2f3_st/scoreboard

Went 2-2 in ST (I had one bye).

Went 0-1 in SFA2 (I DQed myself after being eliminated in ST, as I had to leave to take care of personal matters):

http://nextlevel.challonge.com/2o2f3_sfa2/scoreboard

And I went 2-1 in CvS2 (same as SFA2). Didn't realize I made it that far in the bracket, I probably should have stayed longer to play.

Here's a shot Art posted to Facebook, it was packed:

1795792_10202316677892917_268860725_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202316677892917

That's me on the right speaking to Spooky.

Really happy this turned out the way it did. The turnout was great and as always, I'm grateful to Art for allowing OFL to participate.

Any FG bucket lists? I commentated a major and made top 8 so I feel goooood

Commentating was never on my bucket list, but as you all recall, I've done that.

Perhaps doing it again at an event for a little bit without angering the entire internet would be on my bucket list.

Winning a tournament would be on mine as well.

Already scratched off the "provide services that help people in the FGC" part and still doing that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I want GGXrd at EVO next year and I want Ogawa to come.

Though I guess they might as well just mail him the prize money if that happens

xCobalt

Commentating was never on my bucket list, but as you all recall, I've done that.

Perhaps doing it again at an event for a little bit without angering the entire internet would be on my bucket list.

Oh shit. I just made the connection. Were you the one who kept asking why Mike Ross kept whiffing command grab after ex headbutt? Then you tried to think of a different reason when someone said it was to build meter? That was a long time ago though.

casperOne

Oh shit. I just made the connection. Were you the one who kept asking why Mike Ross kept whiffing command grab after ex headbutt? Then you tried to think of a different reason when someone said it was to build meter? That was a long time ago though.

Bingo, Devastation 2010.

Commentary was a lot different compared to what it is now. That and it was the largest exposure I'd had to that point, so, nerves, yo.

Omega

Banned
panel-50159744-image-e46e6bcb5a61fc68-320.png

I thought this was gonna be just one week and done

I probably would have preferred it to be spaced out, unless they plan on putting out a Round 4 soon.

Any FG bucket lists? I commentated a major and made top 8 so I feel goooood

FG bucket list? Interesting concept. Here are some I can think of off the top of my head:

--Place top 8 in a tournament. I haven't done this yet. I have gotten 2nd at a local tournament for VF before, but I don't count that.

--Play against a top player in person. I've played local SF4 players iPeru and 801 Strider, as well as Konqrr, who is known in the MK community. I also played and beat a player at a local regional called Salt Fest who placed Justin Wong into losers in Injustice. Not sure if I should count this.

--Help out with a tournament. I've donated $150 dollars to an Injustice tournament at Salt Fest and provided a casual setup there too. Still, not sure if I should count this.

I may yet check one of those off this year, we'll see. Utah's holding Salt Fest again and I have plans to go to EVO.

EDIT: by the way, congrats Oneida for getting top 8 at VF and commentating VF; both at a major! I'd feel accomplished.

casperOne

so ud said that the snakeeyez comeback was on youtube. Anybody know where? Doesn't seem to be on levelup's channel

It's in their archives as well, just watched it there last night and it is glorious (and much better quality than the YT rip):

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/507123623?t=7h46m56s

Play against a top player in person

Ohh, I never thought of this but I was fortunate enough to play a few sets against Daigo in 2010 in Super SF4, as well as against Yipes in Super SF4.

I think by now I've fulfilled most of my FG Bucket List. Only thing I want now is to actually make it out of a pool in Winner's (here's hoping for Evo!)

Top Bottom