• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 1-7 | QAisTopTier

ICKE

Banned
Smug...

obama-sweat1.jpg

jbug617

Banned
this match up. Art takes Smug down to at least 20% and then I think it's mp into ex machine gun blow into the corner then it's GG.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Archurro with two close losses in two sets. I think this was the first time I rooted against Smug.

This is amazing.
Thanks, but it's not entirely perfect. I just wrote dash instead of "air dash" for Eliza and hers is great. Squigly's section could be fixed a bit to mention that she has two stances (one for kick buttons and one for punch buttons). Her total of six specials range from stuff like corner creation, multi hitting lows, an invincible multi-hit DP, etc.

I'll just refine the write ups down the road. Just glad I could help you understand the characters a bit.
This sounds so unlikely that I'm tempted to try to actually do this just to see how right (or wrong) this is.
I guess it depends on the person. I've been combo challenged for most of my life and I couldn't do a thirty hit combo outside of MvC1/2. It wasn't until MvC3 and SG that I became less afraid of long combos, but I've never been good at making up my own combos and even now I struggle a bit. SG helped me a lot in that regard, though. Bella and Parasoul really helped me shed that fear because their strings are probably the easiest to understand if we're talking the 8 vanilla characters. Thanks them learning Squigs wasn't that hard either. Her easiest chains are mostly ground based.

Someone who naturally knows how to put together amazing sequences, sections and strings would stress SG to the limit... and everyone knows how that went down in vanilla SG. People were just spitting out full health combos like a DS prints dollar bills.
Don't do it! It's just a devious trick to get you to actually play Skullgirls!!
>.>

<.<

shhh
but part of the question was how often do you use those buttons outside of that combo system. lets take squigly for example. how often do you use s.mp in neutral? cr.mp? sweep? (sweeps seem to suck int his game anyways)
Mike talked about sweeps in the last SG ultrachen show he did a couple of weeks ago and how making them too strong risked making SG too much like MvC3 and less like MvC2. It was definitely a conscious decision.
how many of those buttons could be removed before you thought this character is dramatically changed. if someone told me squiglys cr. mp had more range i dont think i would give a shit or think it was a useful buff.
This is a fair observation. Some characters might not change too differently, but in those critical moments those buttons might come in handy and it's more than just normal crouching/standing or special moves too. Let's take Parasoul for instance. Six buttons gives her a lot of room to work with. She has a total of 4 command normals (f.lp, f.mp, f.hp and b.hk). You might be able to squeeze those moves into a hypothetical 4 button Parasoul, but current Parasoul's scheme is easy to understand. She has 3 punch buttons, 3 kick buttons and she has 4 command normals with only one being a kick cmd normal. If you sit someone down and calmly talk them through her it should a pretty intuitive process to explain her command normal game. With 4 buttons she'd have punch command normals on buttons that normally kick or vice versa. I think it ends up being a problem similar to the one with specials where it's easy to get mixed up.

I concede that six buttons aren't really necessary, but I think they work for slightly different reasons in SG's case considering how special stacked characters are, how restrictive the current IPS system+undizzy bar would be on a 4 button fighter and how surprisingly useful that obscure normal might be in just the right matchup. My apologies if this just comes off as rambling. There is a reason you don't see me rattling off combo notation, discussing game metas or putting up combo videos. I'm more of a player, so this sort of discussion is a bit beyond me.

Malice215

Watching TCW has been mad awkward at times, plus they have Yung Art who is now old again down there streaming, and he's not the main stream. Instead it's a channel with no quality options or reach. At least that won't be the case for ECT next weekend.

we did it!

I'm rooting for you to win EVO. Fuck up Justin!

ShinMaruku

Why did I miss the Mai commentary. Her name means dance of the unknowable flames. Of course she'd be designed to enflame the loins on men.
24141-mai_shiranui_29.jpg

Don't tell anybody Chun has bigger tits than her.

Tizoc

Why did I miss the Mai commentary. Her name means dance of the unknowable flames. Of course she'd be designed to enflame the loins on men.
24141-mai_shiranui_29.jpg

Don't tell anybody Chun has bigger tits than her.

Remind me if this was by Bengus or Akiman?

nothin been the same since they announced Jack-O and tucked a sensitive FGW back into it's creepy phase

olbq8xa.gif

Enzo, just start up the new thread now and save us b

ShinMaruku

Jacko has an ass. Until games outside of Anime and Team Ninja games have booty, embrace anime. Goddamn capcom and snk nerfing Mai and Chun's booty....

Dahbomb

Hey guys what's going on her-...

what drugs are popular with white girls these days
BBC
Molly, Dabs, Spice and of course, prescription drugs. If you're with the wrong white girls look out for flakka.

14m9teh3pj2x.gif

Top Bottom