• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 30 - July 6 | Judge, Juri & EGsecutioner

Dahbomb

I would be interested to see how some gaffers faired at the commentary table, I think Dahbomb would probably do pretty well.
I definitely do not have a commentator's voice nor do I have any experience in the matter.

I may appear to be chatty around here but when a match is playing IRL I am quiet as hell, absorbing all the match details. If someone put me on a commentators chair there would be periods of uncomfortable silent moments.

Which is why I think commentating is such a difficult job and I rarely if ever criticize someone's commentary. You need the right combination of knowledge, personality, voice, flow to make it work.

I-hate-u

I love Marvel commentary from top players like Jwong and Fchamp when not trolling. Combofiend and Yipes are best duo though.

smurfx

get some go again
BCT, Ace AttorneyGAF, PopGAF, and that's it.

I actually stopped lurking/posting in PonyGAF earlier this year. The fanart, and making fun of Owlowl, were the only two reasons I stayed and they both got old.
you don't consider yourself part of SimpsonsGAF?

I would add MegamanSteve and MrQuotes here
i want quotes and marlinpie commentating umvc3 pools at evo. don't want them commentating all of pools but it would be nice to have them for an hour or two.

really appreciate the rebroadcasts. I couldnt attend ceo due to car trouble and then comcast internet took a crap since friday!

time for subdued hype

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I've never heard of MrQuotes before. I've been watching streams/tournaments for years and not once have I heard his name... Someone provide a link to some of his commentary?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
damn the quotes talk made me remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYDXvF3YPV8

marlinpie is always godlike

or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knUp9dIB9BQ

man, the break was always godlike

god i miss marlin. i remember a friend telling me back when he was the new kid in the scene, it was a hype time. fullschedule rocks the same team but certainly not the same personality ;_;

You live in NYC and you followed streams for years but you don't know who he is?

WHAT

THE

FUCK?

Ohhhhhhhh, the guy from runway. jaxel's stream. wow, i never really tuned in on that, just stayed with wnf, trb and nlbc really. after that it was just tournaments and the occasional cafeid crap stream.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i remember who he is now. havent really seen mrquotes do much of commentary as of recent, if he does it for runway than that explains why, i dont watch that stream.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quotes and Quotes/MarlinPie are definitely up there as far as commentary goes.

Vanilla MvC3 @ The Break is probably the peak of Marvel commentary.

I also wish I still had all of the epic Break and MastaCJ moments bookmarked :(

Anyone have the MASTA CEE JAY video on hand?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bless up!

I miss those days when The Break was poppin for Marvel. :(
Me too :( Probably the most fun I've had watching a weekly.

Easily my favorite Curleh moment. Well that and the RayRay vs Moons ft5. Such an amazing set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-zi4CjdHg
For me it's still:

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

Too awesome, Chris G with the "fuck a glitch, I'll body you regardless". Come to think of it, someone should have made an egyptian-glyph-styled shirt of this. Get on it, Koogy.

Thores

BCT, Ace AttorneyGAF, PopGAF, and that's it.

I actually stopped lurking/posting in PonyGAF earlier this year. The fanart, and making fun of Owlowl, were the only two reasons I stayed and they both got old.

You forgot SmashGAF. If you're still around there? It feels big and distinct enough to count as more than just a part of FightingGAF.

Azure J

Quotes and Quotes/MarlinPie are definitely up there as far as commentary goes.

Vanilla MvC3 @ The Break is probably the peak of Marvel commentary.

I also wish I still had all of the epic Break and MastaCJ moments bookmarked :(

Anyone have the MASTA CEE JAY video on hand?

Man, you're listing all this stuff and I'm just remembering how hype the Break commentary for Marvel could be. Remember this?

Horseress

Damn, you guys pulling the classics, the good times man.....

Also, I'm mad at Yipes for not doing East Coast Culeh's anymore, those were the best

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, you're listing all this stuff and I'm just remembering how hype the Break commentary for Marvel could be. Remember this?
OH YES.

MAHVUL VUHSUS CAPUKOM THREE

Break just had the greatest atmosphere. I felt like I was there when I watched it. Everything was so chill and casual. Always looked like the entire thing was just tucked away in a corner somewhere and people were just having a good time.

I miss those days when The Break was poppin for Marvel. :(

Seriously, the break was the best

The first year and a half if marvel was amazing as a stream monster

Monday- option select. Get to hear Ryan hunter break everything down and flash metroid spazzing in the background

Tuesday- the break when it was popping

Wednesday- guard crush/ big two

Wednesday wnf back when it was at the proud bird and all the heavy hitters were showing up

Thursday- iirc, f champ would stream hilarious shit from his bedroom and the starbase streams

Weekend- majors time

Good times

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I really do miss the days of Jaha, Remix, Chris G, Matrix, etc at GC/BC. The games were icing but those guys doing commentary.

Top Bottom