• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

Beats

Play Skullgirls.

It'sa good game!

I've been getting back into it since I haven't played it much lately. I'm having fun learning Robo Fortune and Eliza, but I need to figure out who I should switch out between Filia and Squigly though.

Dai101

Banned
what do you play on fightcade?

Nothing yet XD

But mostly i plan to play VSAV and SSF2T. Maybe other stuff. I already have everything whats need except my arcade control. So, i guess i'll have to bring that tomorrow to my business.

We are having this convo on Skullheart right now. A lot of us picked Combo Breaker over EVO for that one big event to go for SG since TheHadou rolled out the carpet for us and UFGT was great to the game last year.

It's not worth going to EVO for SG alone and KickPunchBlock wants us at Summer Jam and super supportive. AfroDynamic of KPB was at Combo Breaker hanging with the sgc during. Really awesome person.

EVO will likely be WC SG and any travelers who play a main game and SG.

Spooky is going restream Top 8 for SG at ComboBreaker this Saturday at 8PM
I figured as much. Not everyone has the funds for the trip. It is best for SG to continue making those numerous connections with regionals and majors anyway. EVO should easily have a nice floor of about 150ish people even with an average turnout. The game has just found it's stride, after all.
I really wanna know how a skullgirls Dudley would work with Andy the Anvil. But I'm good messing around with all the new characters.
Well, Big Band and Eliza are his takes on Q and Jedah/Anakaris. His take on an already great character should be something downright terrifying.
I've been getting back into it since I haven't played it much lately. I'm having fun learning Robo Fortune and Eliza, but I need to figure out who I should switch out between Filia and Squigly though.
I love Sienna, but she really can't compare to Filia as an all around character. You should think about what supers and assists the two bring to the table and that should tell you everything. I'm working under the assumption that you have a more or less equal handle on both characters here. If your Squigs is far better than your Filia you already have your answer.

Dai101

Banned
people are so disgusted no one wants to comment on this lol

TBT, i just read the 3DS part and went

himZD0M.gif

El Sloth

Banned
I mean, if it still lets him practice the timing for his combos and setups then it ain't so bad. Then again, it's like 3 versions behind

Is the online for the 3DS version still active, StriKeVillian?

I figured as much. Not everyone has the funds for the trip. It is best for SG to continue making those numerous connections with regionals and majors anyway. EVO should easily have a nice floor of about 150ish people even with an average turnout. The game has just found it's stride, after all.

Well, Big Band and Eliza are his takes on Q and Jedah/Anakaris. His take on an already great character should be something downright terrifying.

I love Sienna, but she really can't compare to Filia as an all around character. You should think about what supers and assists the two bring to the table and that should tell you everything. I'm working under the assumption that you have a more or less equal handle on both characters here. If your Squigs is far better than your Filia you already have your answer.
Hmm. I don't see the Eliza/Jedah relationship.

Shackzam

Skullgirls finals was hype being in the crowd, when deskillsage picked beowulf I got so damn excited.

But yeah, a Dudley take on a skullgirls character sounds really damn dangerous. I wanna get better at skullgirls, but it's sort of hard to recognize what you're doing wrong in this game.

Hmm. I don't see the Eliza/Jedah relationship.
Aside from all the blood in her attacks Eliza has Jedah's same air/overhead dominance and she even shares an eerily similar air super that swoops down on the opponent. One could even argue that Eliza's command grab is similar to Jedah's ground super that travels across the ground, but the functions are different since Eliza's cmd grab brings the opponent right to her.

The main differences between the two are that Eliza's Sehkmet works more like Hsien-Ko's Dark Force hyper armor and Eliza's mid range game is strengthened by overhead, command grab and throne bodyguard specials when she isn't throwing Upper Khats out there.
Skullgirls finals was hype being in the crowd, when deskillsage picked beowulf I got so damn excited.

But yeah, a Dudley take on a skullgirls character sounds really damn dangerous. I wanna get better at skullgirls, but it's sort of hard to recognize what you're doing wrong in this game.
Yeah, it doesn't let you breathe like other fighters since the best players are resetting you every three seconds now. You got not time to figure out what to do, so you have to study up beforehand and go in with a gameplan in mind.

shaowebb

http://a.pomf.se/thkjml.webm
Just a little something I was messing around with in tvc. Its been a while since I got some good time with the game but now that my schedule has been freed up I'll be able to play it more. Still need to switch some settings around in dolphin cause there is some slowdown during the supers but besides that it runs pretty good.

Awwwwwwwww yes. Batsu Baroque combos. I honestly don't know why he wasn't in MVC3. That moveset was made for Marvel. Such a great character to pair with just about everyone.

Just for that here's some recent high level play

6XqMKCM.jpg

Phampy vs Kbeast First to 10
More Kbeast vs Phampy
TvC Reunion night pt 1
TvC Reunion night pt2

Is there any info on tvc high level play like a wiki or something?

Most I've found is a pretty decent Gamefaqs guide and the tvc tourney facebook group.

The guide is pretty good to start you out as it mentions things like command normals which the game itself won't list in the moves list since it only lists supers and specials. Plus it breaks down basic strategy and changes since the japan only first game along with a few combos.

You can also use the Shoryuken wiki on the game to find out some stuff like the ground dash glitch that makes your second ground dash faster (6696 or 4474 is the input in numpad notation).

Also if you wanna find players hit up that facebook group. Rotanibor on Shoryuken set it up I believe and he's a great guy to try and look up for footage. He might have tips too. A complete frame listing was never compiled sadly. The gamefaq guide goes into some important stuff though like how command normals cancel into specials and character specific stuff like how Megaman Volnutt can use weapon canceling in air for a ghetto extra airdash and how his shield stance makes him immune to chip damage and chip damage instead depletes his super gauge till its empty. Sadly I think the most intact guide may be The Eventhubs page because I don't think it ever got taken down.

Sayad

predictions: MKX will have 4th most entrants
Xrd will have more than marvel
Persona will have less than 100
With all the side anime stuff, which obviously there to attract anime fans, it's hard to imagine a main anime game getting less than 100.

Csr

when you beat a player whos a whole lot better than you in the first round, so they resort to projectile spamming in the next and lose 2-0

<333333

If you couldnt find a solution for those projectiles then he probably did some decent zoning which is a basic skill in street fighter. If you had lost to a bunch of 50-50's on wake up i might have understood your frustration. Even then isn't that the point of the game to find your opponents weakness and exploit it?

How much has Daigo won this year so far? Hes taking everything it seems.

About $45k

Masters Series = $8.5k
Topanga World League = $16.5k
NCR = $9k
Stunfest = $10k
SXSW = $750?

Momochi got about $24.5k

SXSW = $10k
FR = $4.5k
Stunfest = $4.5k
Topanga World League = $4.5k
Shadowloo = $1k?

Kazunoko got about $11k thus far

Masters Series = $3k
SXSW = $4.5k
FR = $1.5k + $1.3k
Shadowloo = $500?
Stunfest = $200

Xian

SXSW = $500
FR = $10k
Hypespotting = $900
Topanga World League = $2.25k
Masters = $2k

So about $15.65k

If you couldnt find a solution for those projectiles then he probably did some decent zoning which is a basic skill in street fighter. If you had lost to a bunch of 50-50's on wake up i might have understood your frustration. Even then isn't that the point of the game to find your opponents weakness and exploit it?

no no no
i meant he lost 2-0

I really didn't think Daigo would turn it up a notch going into Stunfest.. but there it is. The GOAT doing what GOATs do.

The matches between Daigo and Momochi might've been the highest level of USF4 I've ever seen brehs. Looked like two AI's going at each other b. Momochi's reactions/reads to pointblank fireballs. The momentum shifts between every round. I thought Momochi had it free, then Daigo, then Momochi.

The match before that Daigo going back to OG Ryu. He was dropping a lot of combos which really costed him two matches but then managed to clean it up and bring it back... then dat CODY. I really thought Momochi would've tried Cody again in GF's against Evil Ryu because Cody's damage in general is very high.. it'll only be amplified against Evil Ryu since he only has 900HP.

Not sure how comfortable Daigo is in that matchup because of bad he got washed in the last match.

When will Daigo show us his final form? He was actually able to step it up another notch and defeat his demon in beautiful fashion b.

DaiGOAT brehs

Characters I Want to Return
El Fuerte

[abject, appalled disappointment]

Yeah I hate how triggered has been turned into a meme to make fun of people with problems. It's also started to be misused and people just throw it out when they see or hear a bad word, "OMG did you just say the D word? Stop triggering me!"

My hatred of the aforementioned idiots knows no bounds.

I hope things work out for Annie, that's a rough situation to be in.

Same.

So. No one plays Vampire around here?

I'd like to, but I'm European and even GGPO can't do miracles. I also suck horrendously. Sinking my time to KOF, GG and 3S atm but Vampire is definitely on the list of games I want to actually learn.

First of all - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154013753&postcount=1772

Second of all - You won't have to wait much longer... *wink*nudge*cough*

So, suppose I get it. If I like Faust, 3S Chun/Akuma, SF4 Sim/Ryu/Akuma, Iori/Beni in KOF etc. is Azure the way to go? Are there other space control monsters in the game?

Top Bottom