• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

petghost

Banned
It is easy to feel that way until you run into top tier Fukua players. Also, all the best players are resetting like crazy now. Not many games have such a wildly varying pace like this one between the two camps of high level players.

Beginner/Mid play is max length combos
High level play is resets

First group hasn't been given the fear of god yet thanks to how much meter your opponent will get from long combos.

interesting. thanks guys that makes me even more interested in the game!

Just heard a segment about emojis on NPR. I can't believe other people talk like CountB.

I am looking at combo videos for MKX. Urge to buy rising.

71eALX5Ag7L._SL1228_.jpg

Does anyone have experience removing the art from this stick? I hate it.

Papstr

Neo Member
Korean GGXX#R > GGXXAC > BBCS = P4A > BBCP > GG XRD

You're alright.

For me it's GGXXAC > BBCT/CS > Xrd > P4A > BBCP

Keeping in mind that I'm only considering the songs actually written specifically for P4A. if we're including just general Persona music then I put it above BB and Xrd.

It is easy to feel that way until you run into top tier Fukua players. Also, all the best players are resetting like crazy now. Not many games have such a wildly varying pace like this one between the two camps of high level players.

What does top level Fukua look like now anyways?

What does top level Fukua look like now anyways?
She is usually paired with some sort of forward moving or "lockdown" assist. She'll spend dozens of seconds pelting you with fireballs from every angle imaginable from far. Any hard damage on assists needs to be watched since her "Blown Kiss" super is like a super fast shinku hadouken. Once you close the midrange gap she'll switch to tossing shadows and her "Best Friends Forever!" super since a successful one can put her right next to you in crumple state. The rest is overhead madness paired with good command grab resets at close range. If she is nice she won't abuse DP assists on you for left-right madness.

She has great long and mid range strength and her BFF super really seals the deal for anyone who isn't playing cautiously. I essentially approach her like I would a Bella player with three loaded bars because one super paired with her particular close range moveset puts you at serious risk. Ground movement in SG is scarier than air game by far. It's like walking on lava.

The defensive game is stronger and more varied since the vanilla days. Robo Fortune, Peacock, Fukua and a litany of assists are going to make the process of getting in slow and arduous. PW zoning is also sort of a thing, but more for messing with people's expectations, I guess.

She is usually paired with some sort of forward moving or "lockdown" assist. She'll spend dozens of seconds pelting you with fireballs from every angle imaginable from far. Any hard damage on assists needs to be watched since her "Blown Kiss" super is like a super fast shinku hadouken. Once you close the midrange gap she'll switch to tossing shadows and her "Best Friends Forever!" super since a successful one can put her right next to you in crumple state. The rest is overhead madness paired with good command grab resets at close range. If she is nice she won't abuse DP assists on you for left-right madness.

She has great long and mid range strength and her BFF super really seals the deal for anyone who isn't playing cautiously. I essentially approach her like I would a Bella player with three loaded bars because one super paired with her particular close range moveset puts you at serious risk. Ground movement in SG is scarier than air game by far. It's like walking on lava.

Sounds about what I remember doing with her last I played (tho I'm sure much less effectively than top players lol)

Honestly, with Beowulf out now I'm facing a big character crisis for when I get the time to practice the game again =.=

Zissou

Because I'm a glutton for punishment and because a new Marvel game on mobile and new Marvel film came out; it's that time again...

Do1Jyen.jpg

Asking for 10 characters is just gonna get people to post lists no one else will read/discuss.
If you altered it to:
"Which character who has never appeared in the vs. series before would you like to see in a future vs. game and why?"
or
"Which character who has never appeared in the vs. series before would have the greatest potential to add an interesting/unique moveset/playstyle to the game?"
...you might get some interesting responses and generate some discussion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Because I'm a glutton for punishment and because a new Marvel game on mobile and new Marvel film came out; it's that time again...

Do1Jyen.jpg

It was pretty tough for me get down to 5 for Marvel, but it's pretty easy for capcom tho.

Marvel
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Daredevil
Doctor Octopus (I would love to see Marvel team would take a attempt to revisit this character)
Loki
Squirrel Girl

Capcom
Gene (God Hand)
Mega Man X
Nina (Breath of Fire 2)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Roll (TVC)

what. I was pretty sure all the ones in those lines just had decals ;;

It's not? It really looks like it is.

Well, you could try covering it up with art that you like better on top maybe?

I have that exact one. It definitely is.(although it's closer to a thick plastic sticker)

I just dont know howd you go around replacing it though

It's closer to a thick plastic decal than a sticker. However, I think I might keep it there just because I know that as soon as I replace it I'm going to want to mod all my parts, get another stick, etc :/

Do1Jyen.jpg

Capcom:
BoF2 Nina and I dunno anyone else on Capcom I'd want so I'll just pick 9 Marvel characters

Marvel:
Kamala Khan Miss Marvel
Cloak and Dagger
Star-Lord
Scarlet Witch
Phyla-Vell
Cosmo
Falcon
Dust

Top Bottom