• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 18-24 | WELCOME THRILLHO

jbug617

Banned
LI Joe blew it up. He got all this for 2nd place at the KI tournament

BZqBw8BIQAAN6TI.jpg

CD Jr got first

More Vega changes and they are all are so useless. So what he's a worse version Super Vega? So he's still THE worst characters in the game? He still can't combo into specials without meter, he still has no anti-air, no move i-frames, no cross up, no solid frame traps, weak footsies, his claw falls of losing range, and his mask falls of letting him take more damage. Capcom is mentally handicapped when it comes to this character.

Westlo

Cammy

Combo damage and stun reduced.
Crouching LK start-up now 4F
Crouching HP reduce from +7 to +5 on hit
Crouching LK no longer can be chained
Cannon Strike height restriction reduced, landing recovery increased from 5F to 9F

Man fuck this, I don't know why she's getting a damage and stun reduction in addition to losing her c.hp combos, which is massive. These were the combos that stunned people in two goes. To nerf on top of that is just dumb.

Goodbye Sako combos :(

Goodbye C.hp to sweep :(

Goodbye counterhit c.hp to ultra 1 :(

Imm0rt4l

Man fuck this, I don't know why she's getting a damage and stun reduction in addition to losing her c.hp combos, which is massive. These were the combos that stunned people in two goes. To nerf on top of that is just dumb.

Grumpycatgood.png

More Vega changes and they are all are so useless. So what he's a worse version Super Vega? So he's still THE worst characters in the game? He still can't combo into specials without meter, he still has no anti-air, no move i-frames, no cross up, no solid frame traps, weak footsies, his claw falls of losing range, and his mask falls of letting him take more damage. Capcom is mentally handicapped when it comes to this character.

hey wow that's a really awful post, good work, i can tell you spent some time on it

dan getting his danku hitboxes lowered to hit crouchers sounds nice, but i wonder how low they'll go. will they just go low enough to always combo on short crouching characters like cammy? or will they go low enough so that opponents can't do low profile moves to get under lk danku? questions. and i like that dp fadc u2 will do full damage. taunt buffs are stupid, dan already builds meter just fine thanks, guess i can build more if the opponent tries to play keepaway but there are way more important things to change first.

hawk: better walk speed is his only buff. cancelable cr mk is irrelevant and makes me sad.

hakan: i don't know why they gave him some of those buffs. i hope some of these will be rolled back before the final product.

zangief: happy to get knockdown ex hand back, happy to get lp hand that is mostly safe on hit, but why is it -2 and not just 0? also, hope max range lk xx lp hand combos, right now the lp hand doesn't have enough range to connect.

dhalsim: more damage, more stun, better frame data, more range, far antifocus tool, access to both ultras. i wish ex upblast was still a hard knockdown and i wish his drills were faster but can't complain really, i'm pretty happy.

hugo: no discussion necessary

Tesseract

Banned

L9ajKz6.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I understand it just fine. Capcom wants to play tier chart musical chairs. Simple as that. Classic Capcom Balancing.

Makoto's already pretty good.

What I don't understand is that she already gets a pretty good mixup opportunity when she lands a hit. Don't know why they're giving her a new way to mix up when she lands a hit rather than buffing/nerfing/whatevering post ex oroshi/hayate/ex hayate situations. Unless you can combo into non-ex fukiages, in which case I guess the point is to give her better pressure after a combo without having to spend meter.

Vega weak footsies lol.

OceanBlue

I'm not really sure what "musical chairs balancing" is, but if it's "completely shake up tier lists", you have Arcsys for that. :D

Alex Myers ‏@lamyersl 27m

Sakura Changes from the 1st USF4 location test; there still will be more balancing based on everyone's feedback pic.twitter.com/PQo6KMha3z

Yeah, they're mostly nerfs, but I'm glad they're increasing the horizontal range of her DP. Whiff-punishing people with cr.MK DP at max range has gotten me into trouble more often than I would've thought.

Edit: Also lmao:
Kim ‏@Kim1234_ALL_DAY 5m

First thing @nishikin01 said to me "bison is finished"

RIP Rufus. He'll be bottom ten next version with these nerfs.

The extra frame of recovery on falcon kick is going to mean he's even more throwable and jabbable out of his pressure! And all those lower tier characters he did well vs are being buffed.

Vega's better than Deejay.

You also said Vega has weak footsies. pls

DeeJay sucks too but not as bad as Vega and yeah Vegas has poop footsies. He's a charge character that needs an EX Bar and needs to be right next to you to be able to pull of a combo into special without charge. lp lp mp EX wall dive is his only footsie hit confirm lol. Compare that to every other character in the cast it's pathetic.

Vega is a character that works his ass off in the neutral for no reward and then gets ass fucked the second anyone gets in on him which is not hard considering his terrible anti-air options. Justin Wong agrees http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/20...eet-fighter-4-arcade-edition-v2012-tier-list/

Vega is poop. He wouldn't be poop if they just gave him invincibility of EX Flipkick but there is a group of mentally handicapped people that actually believe a character that NEEDS Ex-bar to convert combos having an EX invincible CHARGE move would be OP.

Westlo

DeeJay sucks too but not as bad as Vega and yeah Vegas has poop footsies. He's a charge character that needs an EX Bar and needs to be right next to you to be able to pull of a combo into special without charge. lp lp mp EX wall dive is his only footsie hit confirm lol. Compare that to every other character in the cast it's pathetic.

Now Vega can c.lp c.lp Ultra 2.

He had a good run like Cammy did, strong in every version of the game. Only reason Rufus and Cammy where ignored in AE was because why play them when you can play Yun and yang instead.

Sheroking

The extra frame of recovery on falcon kick is going to mean he's even more throwable and jabbable out of his pressure! And all those lower tier characters he did well vs are being buffed.

The characters that this truly sucks with are the characters he couldn't divekick all day anyway.

I knew he was getting nerfed, but 1F is not a big deal. Honestly, move was too good.

Evil Ryu

(via _BNBBN_)

Vitality increased to 950
Crouching HK start-up is now 6F
Senbukyaku (F+MK) hitbox expanded downward
Target Combo can now be done from far standing MP
HK Ryusokyaku start-up reduced from 26F to 25F
(via wnder1261)

Crouching MK guard recovery increased by 1F
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku has farther movement distance

Good stuff all around for my boy, Evil Ryu. No more worrying about hop kick whiffing against lows. Evil Ryu can tatsu > sweep now, but with delayed stand up it will lose its effectiveness. I wouldn't be surprised if many of us just kept DP'ing after light tatsu. And finally a good use for the target combo. Now Evil Ryu can hit confirm into the target combo for a knockdown. This will mainly be used against crouchers as his tatsu's don't hit standing opponents and his SRK may whiff. The buff to HK axe kick is rather useless to be honest. I hope their is a change made to the LK version that still hasn't been discovered yet.

I see a lot of buffs for many characters. It is looking more and more like almost every character will be good. I did see Jason tweet that Ryu might have a fake fireball. I really hope so. That dude needs more then just 1f of invincibility added to his Ultra 2 or he will probably be considered the worse Shoto in USF4 if all these changes are kept in the final version.

Sheroking

Vega is a character that works his ass off in the neutral for no reward and then gets ass fucked the second anyone gets in on him which is not hard considering his terrible anti-air options. Justin Wong agrees http://www.eventhubs.com/columns/20...eet-fighter-4-arcade-edition-v2012-tier-list/

Vega is poop. He wouldn't be poop if they just gave him invincibility of EX Flipkick but there is a group of mentally handicapped people that actually believe a character that NEEDS Ex-bar to convert combos having an EX invincible CHARGE move would be OP.

You have no footsies. Vega is fine.

You have no footsies. Vega is fine.

So fine he's been completely irrelevant all the way from Vanilla to AE2012. It's not skin of my back, I don't play Vega, I play Gen but it's pathetic that he's been bottom of the tier list for like 6 years. Might as well remove him from the game. Without significant buffs people will continue to no waste their time with him.

OceanBlue

I see a lot of buffs for many characters. It is looking more and more like almost every character will be good. I did see Jason tweet that Ryu might have a fake fireball. I really hope so. That dude needs more then just 1f of invincibility added to his Ultra 2 or he will probably be considered the worse Shoto in USF4 if all these changes are kept in the final version.

A fake fireball would be pretty fun. I read those Ryu changes and was like, "wat". I wish I were more interested in other characters but Ryu is just so comfortable. Too bad the changes are boring (even if he wasn't in a bad place to begin with). :(

That being said, aren't Ryu's bad matchups getting easier in the new version? Cammy, Adon, and Fei are getting nerfed. I'm scared of Ultra Juri now though, and Sim's getting buffed too. :<

Edit: Ahaha, actually it doesn't matter for me since I'm still in the scrub leagues. Ah well. :V

Shouta

hey wow that's a really awful post, good work, i can tell you spent some time on it

hawk: better walk speed is his only buff. cancelable cr mk is irrelevant and makes me sad.

hakan: i don't know why they gave him some of those buffs. i hope some of these will be rolled back before the final product.

Yeah. I still don't understand why cr.mk is sp.cnl now. It's dumb. It does nothing for Hawk at all because DPs aren't going to be hitting at the range you'd want to footsie with cr.mk and normal Spire data is so crap that even if it combos, you're at a disadvantage still on hit (unless this data for 2012 is wrong and it gets changed in USF). I'm gonna yell at somebody at Capcom Cup because Hawk needs better improvements than this.

Hakan though, gonna get rolled back lol. I don't know why he got more buffs all over. Too many sleeping on him. I really need to pick up my Hakan game at any rate.

I believe the reasoning behind making cr.MK special cancelable is that you can space a spire on block to be positive by hitting with a later frame.

Cr.MK is a very big normal so using it at the tip and at close range with different range spires will produce different results. I'm guessing that cr.MK at the tip xx Medium or Light Spire could put him at even or better, even -1 or -2 would be fine, think of it like a safe green hand.

Of course, T.Hawk players could simply do the spire by itself right now for a similar effect, but cr.MK may make the after-spire be more consistent, and it's also tougher to react to an MK than to the special move itself.

So my PC version of AE 2012 is ready for dat USF4 mod. Whoever is suppose to do this get to work. I'm don't live near any of the loketest locations so this is the closest I get to trying out the changes before USF4 is released.

Shouta

I believe the reasoning behind making cr.MK special cancelable is that you can space a spire on block to be positive by hitting with a later frame.

Cr.MK is a very big normal so using it at the tip and at close range with different range spires will produce different results. I'm guessing that cr.MK at the tip xx Medium or Light Spire could put him at even or better, even -1 or -2 would be fine, think of it like a safe green hand.

Of course, T.Hawk players could simply do the spire by itself right now for a similar effect, but cr.MK may make the after-spire be more consistent, and it's also tougher to react to an MK than to the special move itself.

I'm not a fan of regular Spires. The frame data I've seen mentions that the recovery on it is roughly the same all across the board but it always feels like the Ex version is one that is actually faster and usable for that kind of spacing. Every time I've tried the normal ones, I eat something on the recovery, heh.

But the other issue for me is that with an increased walk speed, I don't see the point of using cr.mk xx spire over regular footsies. The new speed will let someone close the distance better than before and his mediums are far safer than trying to go for spaced spires. st.mp and st.mk are both 6/3 startup/active frames with 12 and 11 frames of recovery. They're also only -1 and 0 on block. So there's much less of a risk if your opponent just blocks it.

At any rate, I'll try it out at Capcom Cup but I'm not expecting much from cr.mk.

Also, on Claw. Uryo says he's looking strong from his first impressions.

Top Bottom