• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 18-24 | WELCOME THRILLHO

Heck yeah on the b+HK & b+LK
activate cheesy desk dance!
tumblr_mfjc9fVGUe1r92x6io1_500.gif

Horseress

I was wondering about Rose, and it seems to me that she can benefit a lot from the double ultras, since in AEv2012 his U1 is kinda sucky and her U2 is ok. With the U1 getting better, and since the U2 is not about the damage, using both ultras would give you a damaging ultra and still have the "get the fuck away from me" ultra.
Am I missing something? Art?

Shouta

Huh, this says that Chun-Li's ex kikouken now not only knocks down, but results in hard knockdown. At least, that's what it means when it has ダウン instead of 吹っ飛び.

Huh? Isn't hard Knockdown 強制ダウン. Pretty sure that's what it is even in SF.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Huh? Isn't hard Knockdown 強制ダウン. Pretty sure that's what it is even in SF.
Not in the SF4 mooks. It's simply ダウン効果. Soft knockdown is indicated by 吹っ飛び効果.

But that's the book. Dunno about casual SF terminology.

My opinion on Rose, her changes arent as drastic so i didn't need to break down as much

Rose

(via Aristobule)

Forward dash now 20F, down from 21F
Crouch LP damage 20 -> 30
Crouch LK damage 30 -> 40
Crouch MP damage 60 -> 70
L/M/H Soul Spiral damage 100 -> 110
EX Soul Spiral damage 120 -> 130, invincibility 11F -> 13F
M Soul Spark start-up 22F -> 20F
H Soul Spark start-up 29F -> 27F
Illusion Spark start-up 12f -> 10f
Soul Satellite input changed to 214×2+KKK
L Soul Spiral distance increased (via Zhi)

Theres not as much to write about the rose changes since her fixes are not as drastic as Sim's. Seems like Damage Boosts overall. Sounds like shes still going to have 1f links, which means rose players cant drop shit. Forward dash being slightly better can't hurt either, going to be slightly easier to setup stuff in their face.

Spiral getting a damage/invincibility/range boost had to happen. Especially light spiral. Vs a fair amount of the cast she couldnt land jab short strong drill bnb. hopefully this fixes that. if she is able to combo spiral at all ranges, thats going to be a huge help. if the invincibility on exdrill actually WORKS as intended after 5 years and doesn't get stuffed..then yeah, thats a huge help lol.

Illusion Spark being 10f means it can actally be viable as a antiair now. Remember, Sim's LK blast is 11f...so youll have to have a read, but she may be deadly with 2 ultras now.

Soul Satellite input change is good :) Finally no more ex reflect or soul throw ultras.
Soul Spark frame changes wont be a game changer, still not going to be true blockstrings, so it's like whatever. Will make her better for pressure in the corner though.

Big changes for Rose here seem to be Drills that actually work, better U1, more damage across the board, removed overlapping inputs.

I still stream AE on my personal channel (nycfurby), been doing it for the past two weeks or so since I didn't have any events to stream lol.

Definitely agree. Having ex soul spiral as 13f of inv is going to be nice since it's no longer as crappy of a reversal. Yes and no random ex reflect our throw is going to be really nice

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";90901829]Sagat got vanilla LK back. I think he's fine.[/QUOTE]Vanilla st. LK and no more love tapping in the corner.

Apparently there's some disagreement here on how Elena's healing ultra will work. One line has a mention of it being fully effective even with half meter in W mode, but another says that W mode isn't the obvious choice as it does make a difference.

You can charge it right? Maybe that speed changes.

Keits

Developer
Kotaku's review of Killer Instinct

Not surprisingly, it was reviewed primarily in matches played against the computer and not online/against another human opponent.

Such a brain dead move, if you ask me.

30 matches played, review written. Thats about an hour and a half of game time, if that.

I can't imagine you'd feel good about writing a review based on so little playtime. When I was reviewing games and sticks, I put days (16-20 hours) into them before writing.

Shouta

Apparently there's some disagreement here on how Elena's healing ultra will work. One line has a mention of it being fully effective even with half meter in W mode, but another says that W mode isn't the obvious choice as it does make a difference.

Are you reading it right?

One mentions Single Ultra at max gauge is about 45% or so of Elena's HP. The other talks about Double Ultra with 50% ultra giving a bit more than 100 HP or so (10%), I think.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Are you reading it right?

One mentions Single Ultra at max gauge is about 45% or so of Elena's HP. The other talks about Double Ultra with 50% ultra giving a bit more than 100 HP or so (10%), I think.
Probably not, haha. That's why I'm not sitting down translating this stuff. I understand most of it, but a bunch of special cases throw me off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fighting Games Weekly | Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter Street Fighter

Shouta

Probably not, haha. That's why I'm not sitting down translating this stuff. I understand most of it, but a bunch of special cases throw me off.

Well, let's take a look.

ヒーリングはWウルコンじゃなくて単体選択&ゲージマックスなら4.5割くらい回復するらしい。

Healing when it's not a Double Ultra but Chosen solo and Gauge Max heals for 45% (1 wari is 10%)

ヒーリングはWウルコンの50%でも100強回復する

Even at 50% of a Double Ultra it restores 100 kyou. 100 is just 100 as a value so it's likely referring to 100 health. Kyou usually refers to a bit more or the high end of a scale so 100 kyou probably means in the higher 100 values for it.

Considering how ultras are setup right now, I think that makes sense.

Assume Elena's health is 950 and the ultra is 45%. that would restore 430ish HP. max.
Currently, I think Double Ultra is 60% of a max solo ultra so Max gauge healing under Double Ultra would be 250ish. Now 50% of a bar gives you 67% or so of the full Ultra so in this case, a 50% Healing in Double Ultra would be 170ish HP. That fits into the upper ends of the scale hence 100 Kyou in the original message, heh.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's not the full line. It goes on with something like "but... It pops right up."

Didn't know about that other stuff, though. Thanks.

Shouta

That's not the full line. It goes on with something like "but... It pops right up."

Didn't know about that other stuff, though. Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not sure what he's referring to but it seems like it might be something related to the player itself.

Dahbomb

Bro this is a SF changelist not a Mahvel changelist.

More hit stun on cr.LP means the link into cr.MP is 2 frame as opposed to 1 frame which is big for bad execution people like me. Plus now he can do cr.LP into st.HP which is godlike.

The Spinning Kick buff had to happen that move was ass and whiffed against so much stuff. Maybe it will actually be usable in meaty situations now.

His Ultras and Supers got much needed buffs. Flash Kick has more invincibility which it needed because it got stuffed by random shit.

Air throw buff, smaller hit box on wake up and cr.MK buff are nice too. Overall solid changes for a solid character.

casperOne

30 matches played, review written. Thats about an hour and a half of game time, if that.

I can't imagine you'd feel good about writing a review based on so little playtime. When I was reviewing games and sticks, I put days (16-20 hours) into them before writing.

I get that there are time concerns, but I also agree that in this case, the review is absolutely ridiculous, as it doesn't review the game as it's meant to be played.

I did ask them about it:

But I doubt there will be a response.

That said, I'm not surprised, and I don't even hate on it. I just don't feel it's that much to ask for reviews that play the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Going one step further, I'd ask for people who are well-versed in a genre to review the genre, so that they can give a more informed reviews of that game. Of course, this is more difficult to achieve, because that person has to be skilled enough in their communication to tailor the review to be of value to people that aren't deeply entrenched in the scene around the genre.

Shito

So, after spending some time doing some... I don't know how much of the Killer Instinct tutorial things (there are quite a lot, the game is at least impressive on this point), I can already say the game is... weird. I'm slowly starting to get the combo thing (never played KI1 or 2 any seriously), but I'm not sure if this system really is for me: I tend to mix my inputs up and switch to "fingers decide to do whatever the fuck they wanna do but nothing I'd like them to do" when I try to improvise. I really need to learn my combos and carve them into muscle memory or else I'm just garbage; but here since you're supposed to mix them up in order not to see them broken, I fear I might have a bad time around. Or I could just go into random mash mode and it would probably work all the same...
But what irks me the most is having to switch back to playing a fighting game on pad: this is so crappy. This alone will probably make me overlook the game and not really play it, and I can't really justify buying a new stick for KI alone for the moment. I'd love to ask Markman if Madcatz had anything to say in the decision of not supporting 360 peripherals / his sticks, because while I can obviously understand the idea of people having to buy new things again, I really don't think it was a good decision to make for KI in the long run -- I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one going "meh" just because he can't use his stick, and doesn't want to buy a new one yet. But I know he probably can't talk about it, even if he had things to say on the matter.
ALSO, the new d-pad is godlike for menus and such, but it SUCKS for fighting games. Hard. It's sooo difficult to get a diagonal on it that special moves are a bitch to get right on; as such the only option is once again to use the analog stick.
Meh meh meh.

So, there it is, my rant's over, you (and I) can go back to those sweet USF4 changes! :)

vulva

iirc markman always stated that he'd love for 360 sticks to work on xbone but unfortunately that's just not how it works. Controller infrastructure changed quite a bit between consoles, so it goes way beyond madcatz's power.

Shito

iirc markman always stated that he'd love for 360 sticks to work on xbone but unfortunately that's just not how it works. Controller infrastructure changed quite a bit between consoles, so it goes way beyond madcatz's power.
Ok, that's what I supposed anyways, I don't really think they have any weight on such decisions.
A bit of a shame, really. Oh well, eventually we'll get other fighters that will justify the need for a new stick...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In general, technical difficulties can usually be overcome, but legal agreements make it impossible for companies like Madcatz.

Top Bottom