• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 29 - Oct 5 | 4th place wins a cake

Still haven't quite gotten used to 3DS controls. Can't tell ya'll how many times I wanted up or down b/a and got side b/a. And I can't do up-tilts without jumping worth a damn, lol.

Anyway, how do you look at your own Friend-code? Lookin' to play with some folks.

FluxWaveZ

Is there a Dustloop kind of resource for Smash or something? I usually need some kind of place to see data, basic combos or something so that I have a clue for what I'm doing (or should do).

There's Smashboards, it'll be your forum resource. Then you can go look under the character boards.

Alright, cool. Know very little about playing Smash "properly", so I need something like that.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Beats. I'm going to take a break, so I'm done for the day. WFT trainer is definitely interesting to fight.
Still haven't quite gotten used to 3DS controls. Can't tell ya'll how many times I wanted up or down b/a and got side b/a. And I can't do up-tilts without jumping worth a damn, lol.

Anyway, how do you look at your own Friend-code? Lookin' to play with some folks.
Go to your home menu. On the top of the screen, there are small buttons. Look for the one with the square with the face.
Is there a Dustloop kind of resource for Smash or something? I usually need some kind of place to see data, basic combos or something so that I have a clue for what I'm doing (or should do).
There's Smashboards, it'll be your forum resource. Then you can go look under the character boards.

Beats

GGs, Beats. I'm going to take a break, so I'm done for the day. WFT trainer is definitely interesting to fight.

GGs. I had so much trouble fighting Marth and Lucina with her lol. Seems like they have an easy time deflecting the volley ball. : <

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll add people's friends codes later today. At least the ones I see on this page when it's filled.
Alright, cool. Know very little about playing Smash "properly", so I need something like that.
I guess the biggest advice I could give is to prevent getting shield grabbed when doing an aerial. Blockstun is short so you don't want to have them shield it and grab you. Usually I'll do either a rising aerial or land behind them after the aerial so they can't grab me. Also if you're on the receiving end and are shielding attacks, jumping and doing an attack out of shield is also a good option.

Luckily as for most of Smash, everything is intuitive and based on feel.

Because you havent added me as a friend on the 3DS. You know I will take a long beating. :)

I want armor on SOMETHING in Bowser's moveset.

Who are you playing as Karst? I might be able to play a little bit later

Also pretty sure Bowser's forward Smash has armor but I've barely tried him out

Who are you playing as Karst? I might be able to play a little bit later

Also pretty sure Bowser's forward Smash has armor but I've barely tried him out
I have been hit out of my forward Smash consistently. If there is armor, I can't find it.

I am a Bowser main. No one else feels right so far. Beats and I had a great set earlier.

Top Bottom