• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Canada Cup & CPT Latin America Finals (10/28-11/02)

Daigo vs Infil

Rice, I don't think we're getting out of this alive.
FS6d3Yf.jpg

HardRojo

There is a certain Melee God here who smells crazy bad. Not a joke, like it's unbelievable how bad he smells. Beware the spoiler tag you may not think of this guy the same way ever again.
It's HungryBox
How hard is it to purchase a good deodorant and take a shower? I know people stay in the venue for hours, but still, a decent deodorant should work fine.

ScribbleD

Top 16 is going to be a complete bloodbath. Hopefully we can get a weird top 8. Would love to see Juri, Guile, Birdie, Rashid, and FANG all in top 8 of the same super stacked tournament.

Daigo vs Infil

Rice, I don't think we're getting out of this alive.
FS6d3Yf.jpg

I'm already mentally preparing myself for a possible loss so that it won't hurt too much. I've had plenty of training as a big Peyton Manning fan during his playing days.

Who am I kidding, it didn't help back then and it won't help now.

Wallach

I liked his read to be honest. He thought Alex would walk back again but he did something I don't think he did the entire match till then, he neutral jumped.

wasn't really that serious I just wanted to use that joke

his line of credit on standing roundhouse is about maxed out though

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I didn't get that either. I get that the reward for landing a jump-in is high, but Du wasn't letting it happen.

I mean, I certainly get it. When a Guile player is on point, any player will start to crack because if it's not desperately trying to get in, it's getting ravaged by fireballs.

mitchlol

It looks like SFV is shaping up to be a fairly balanced game. Outside of Chun/Ryu there seems to be a pretty nice split between characters, I've seen Birdie who had pretty much fallen out of favour since launch is now getting play through XYZZY. Guile who has gotten a lot more play lately with Chris G, KnuckleDu and Imstilldaddy. And to see a Juri make it far was also awesome. Now if only we could get a few more Balrog + Gief

Is it too much to ask for a Guile, a Birdie, a Juri, and a Rashid to all be in top 8?

Or should I just be satisfied that they all made it to top 16?

HardRojo

My heart is not ready, but I know Daigo will succumb before Infil. Sad to see these 2 duke it out before Top 8.
Rashid!?

Tripon

Infiltration was playing Rashid at an Middle Eastern Tournament and won that. Pretty sure Infiltration thinks Rashid is secret top tier.

Top Bottom