• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

I got the same email! And I'd love it if this was a step towards the option to pay at checkout.
It would be cool if they had the option of 'pay now' or 'pay at release' so you could choose what you really want to lock down on.
I read the email again, and while it says that you can opt out of paying now, the 7day timer still stands? I don't understand

My first thought was "I could have preordered (list of desired figures) for that!" D: I usually do that sort of care at home, I don't realize it's so expensive, wow. :/
This always happens when I want to buy anything extra (junk food mostly).

Nendos, keeping me healthy since 2012

Muzicfreq

Banned
SHE'S HERE AND 2 WEEKS EARLY! Will take pictures in a little bit >.> my tripod isn't in my room anymore so I need to hunt it down.
Quick phone pics
TAPED UP GIFT BAG! ((O_O)) Never ordering like that again for more expensive figures.
17112004722_f22038d1b9_o.jpg
Ok... It looks scary so what's the actual damage you might ask.

AND WHAT'S THIS!?

Just foolin', she's currently on my desk unharmed.

SHE'S HERE AND 2 WEEKS EARLY! Will take pictures in a little bit >.> my tripod isn't in my room anymore so I need to hunt it down.
Quick phone pics
TAPED UP GIFT BAG! ((O_O)) Never ordering like that again for more expensive figures.

Ok... It looks scary so what's the actual damage you might ask.

AND WHAT'S THIS!?

Just foolin', she's currently on my desk unharmed.

Nice! 2 weeks early is a lot, only time that ever happened to me was when I bought my macbook.

First time I've ever received a broken figure. Elizabeth Prize
back piece was broken off
Original plastic shell wasnt in box, instead it was laying on the bottom with this over it

Prize figures don't always come with a plastic shell. I've had several that arrived just wrapped in plastic. She looks good though. Too bad she broke.

kewlmyc

First time I've ever received a broken figure. Elizabeth Prize

back piece was broken off
Original plastic shell wasnt in box, instead it was laying on the bottom with this over it

I don't think it comes with a plastic shell. I got mine when it first released from BiJ and it was in a plastic bag with the cardboard "cone" on top of the figure as you described.

I don't think it comes with a plastic shell. I got mine when it first released from BiJ and it was in a plastic bag with the cardboard "cone" on top of the figure as you described.

Yeah, I've bought at least half a dozen prize figures at this point, and none of them have come with plastic shells. Considering the price-point, I understand why. They usually just have cardboard inserts to keep things from moving around too much.

huh, interesting, My other prize figures did have shells. Makes me nervous that the next one could be broken as well then...hopefully it fairs better

Meyneth

huh, interesting, My other prize figures did have shells. Makes me nervous that the next one could be broken as well then...hopefully it fairs better
Plastic shells are variable. My inou battle prize figures were just wrapped in plastic and cardboard protective pieces, whereas my queen of hearts sonico came in a plastic shell (window box).
Both the sonico and the inou battle figures are from the same company, so I think they prioritize some prize figures over others?

Edit: Don't the Sega Satsuki and ryuko prize figures come in plastic shells too? (also window boxes)

Yosuke, Yu, Aigis, Satsuki and Ryuko all came with plastic shells. Izanagi and Monster hunter girl just came wrapped in plastic. It all depends on the prize figure.

kewlmyc

Yeah, I've bought at least half a dozen prize figures at this point, and none of them have come with plastic shells. Considering the price-point, I understand why. They usually just have cardboard inserts to keep things from moving around too much.

Depends. Might depend of the size, I'm not sure. I have only ordered 7 prize figures before and 5 of them came in plastic shells while the other were just in cardboard. The ones that were in cardboard were roughly 1/10 scale or smaller, while the ones that came in plastic were 1/8 scale or so, hence why I think it depends on the size of the figure.

Cardboard:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/145143
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/145147

Plastic:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/125290
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/25269
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/159531
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/193001
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/124247

Plastic shells are variable. My inou battle prize figures were just wrapped in plastic and cardboard protective pieces, whereas my queen of hearts sonico came in a plastic shell (window box).
Both the sonico and the inou battle figures are from the same company, so I think they prioritize some prize figures over others?

Edit: Don't the Sega Satsuki and ryuko prize figures come in plastic shells too? (also window boxes)

They do.

Acid08

Banned
Most of the prize figs I have came in plastic shells. Ryuko, Satsuki, Nami, Vivi, Yoko, all 6 Love Live figs, Sonico, Junko. The Yui one I ordered is also in plastic. Only one that had the cardboard is the Banpresto Nami 15th Anniversary outfit figure.

SerTapTap

All the Sonico prize figs I've seen come in nice boxes, the Sakura (dangan Ronpa) one was too, I figured it was normal but I've never actually seen a prize fig in it's native habitat, being 'Merican

souhait

Neo Member
It would be cool if they had the option of 'pay now' or 'pay at release' so you could choose what you really want to lock down on.
I read the email again, and while it says that you can opt out of paying now, the 7day timer still stands? I don't understand
I agree, having the option to pay at checkout or at release like BiJ would be great.
Yeah, that email isn't worded the best - I think they're saying that if you don't want your order to be cancelled you have either 7 days to pay (which will keep your ordered "locked") or 7 days to ask them to unlock your order (if you wanted add/split later).

Giolon

My first fleet girl has steamed into port!

BTW, thanks all that offered their feedback on my photo posts. The general feeling from responders was that more is better, so I won't feel so bad for going over my personal rule of about 10 photos or for including a couple variations of similar shots. I'm still going to do my best to try to be disciplined and try to make each provide an interesting view on something the other shots don't. I don't want the posts to end up feeling like a dumping ground.

BTW, thanks all that offered their feedback on my photo posts. The general feeling from responders was that more is better, so I won't feel so bad for going over my personal rule of about 10 photos or for including a couple variations of similar shots. I'm still going to do my best to try to be disciplined and try to make each provide an interesting view on something the other shots don't. I don't want the posts to end up feeling like a dumping ground.

Right on. How is she? I should recieve her next week. Nice picture incorporating the water.

Bombless

"Oppa Gangnam Style!" is all I could think of when I saw this haha!

Love this shot, with the base almost blending in and the water drops, 10/10! You better have Mutsu on order too!

Giolon

Right on. How is she? I should recieve her next week. Nice picture incorporating the water.

Pretty typical figma quality - so very good! She does have more limited movement than average - almost zero torso twist, and limited leg movement range due to the skirt and leg straps. The boat parts also attach at a fixed angle to the back, so you can't rotate it up and down which I find lacking.

My biggest complaint is that she doesn't come with a shouting/angry face - that's being sold as a GSC shop exclusive for the figFIX half damage version. :-/ I kind of wish I had the cannon-fire parts that were GSC exclusive for this one, but it was going to be like a 3000 yen price difference between the lack of discount compared to AmiAmi and forced EMS shipping.

One really cool feature I haven't seen before (though I don't own a huge number of figmas) is that her hair is jointed into left and right sections, so you can have it down at rest or flowing back for action poses. I wish my other long-haired figmas had this!

The front two turrets actually have two axis of rotation which was a nice plus!

"Oppa Gangnam Style!" is all I could think of when I saw this haha!

Love this shot, with the base almost blending in and the water drops, 10/10! You better have Mutsu on order too!

Oh, yep I have her on pre-order! I didn't at first until I saw her in the anime together with Nagato and then....I had to!

My camera actually got pretty wet taking this shot so I'm praying that the parts will dry out and it won't be damaged long term! T.T

Muzicfreq

Banned
USB3 has to be the biggest flop in port types in the history of mainstream connections!
My PC has like 3 USB2 but currently one for my mouse, 1 for Wacom tablet, and 1 for external HDD
yet 2 USB3 and 2 USB3/2 front which are just a joke since they don't carry data when in USB2 mode. Connecting my camera was a pain since USB3 is such a finicky port to work with and only like a handful of devices are even compatible.

Well without further ado, GUMAKO!
What was the other head staring at? PANTIES!!!

More Shots and even box shots >>HERE<<

USB3 has to be the biggest flop in port types in the history of mainstream connections!
My PC has like 3 USB2 but currently one for my mouse, 1 for Wacom tablet, and 1 for external HDD
yet 2 USB3 and 2 USB3/2 front which are just a joke since they don't carry data when in USB2 mode. Connecting my camera was a pain since USB3 is such a finicky port to work with and only like a handful of devices are even compatible.

Well without further ado, GUMAKO!

What was the other head staring at? PANTIES!!!

More Shots and even box shots >>HERE<<

Lovely shots, she looks very nice.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Lovely shots, she looks very nice.

thanks. I need a new tripod and camera for better quality. I think in my new place I might set up a station for taking pictures. Also should be more free from dust since I'm moving to a much colder location so I don't need all these fans running.

Do you know of any guides for taking pictures without spending a fortune on equipment?

Sadly right after the pictures I put her back into her box to avoid dust before I move.

If you have any Ikea's near you? If so, then I recommend these.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

Thanks, but I don't think they have shops here, unfortunately.

thanks. I need a new tripod and camera for better quality. I think in my new place I might set up a station for taking pictures. Also should be more free from dust since I'm moving to a much colder location so I don't need all these fans running.

Do you know of any guides for taking pictures without spending a fortune on equipment?

Sadly right after the pictures I put her back into her box to avoid dust before I move.

We have two guides and a third that was recommended by Giolon. I don't know exactly where they are, but search for Giolon's posts in the FigureGAF OTs (this one and past ones), plus H3XAntiStyle too. They made great guides.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Thanks, but I don't think they have shops here, unfortunately.

We have two guides and a third that was recommended by Giolon. I don't know exactly where they are, but search for Giolon's posts in the FigureGAF OTs (this one and past ones), plus H3XAntiStyle too. They made great guides.

will do thanks.

H3X's Photo Guide. H3X was super helpful and posted this write up for us here in FigureGAF.

A helpful guide for framing.

A figure specific lighting guide. [Some pics NSFW] For some reason this guide is backwards. Scroll to the bottom for part 1, then read up.

Any newish phone should allow you to make basic calibrations in the camera. My Galaxy S5 allows some limited use of ISO, Exposure, White Balance, and Metering.

You won't take Giolon quality pictures with a phone, but these guides can still help a bunch. Plus if you finally do get a good camera, you'll already know the basics!

Muzicfreq

Banned
H3X's Photo Guide. H3X was super helpful and posted this write up for us here in FigureGAF.

A helpful guide for framing.

A figure specific lighting guide. [Some pics NSFW] For some reason this guide is backwards. Scroll to the bottom for part 1, then read up.

Any newish phone should allow you to make basic calibrations in the camera. My Galaxy S5 allows some limited use of ISO, Exposure, White Balance, and Metering.

You won't take Giolon quality pictures with a phone, but these guides can still help a bunch. Plus if you finally do get a good camera, you'll already know the basics!

Not using my phone. Using a samsung point and shoot that's kinda old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom