• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lol had not realised OT4 was upon us no wonder the last thing posted in OT3 was at 10am XD
*Looks at wall of shame* *Looks at TPB* "My Rival!!"
C9wqDyo.gif

Shall I do my usual Wall of Shame or we're fine on knowing whether anyone fell off the wall?

Oh lol had not realised OT4 was upon us no wonder the last thing posted in OT3 was at 10am XD
*Looks at wall of shame* *Looks at TPB* "My Rival!!"

Shall I do my usual Wall of Shame or we're fine on knowing whether anyone fell off the wall?

If you want! I thought it was cool seeing it last time.

raven777

I shouldn't expect Alter Kotegawa Yui to go up for pre-order anytime soon, right? Considering that she is not even painted...

StayDead

The RNG of Kancolle doesn't like me. Atleast I think the path you take through a level is RNG, but I can't seem to go to the boss of world 1-1 v_v

Atleast with the nendos that isn't an issue :p

Extended list:
Code:
Freezasaurus 	1,424
Einbroch 	1,021
RyosukeTH 	947
omlet 	795
Snkfanatic 	770
Bombless 	689
kewlmyc 	633
chrono01 	585
Samurai_Heart 	530
ThePeoplesBureau 	527
dakkumauji 	454
Settin 	448
StayDead 	408
Acid08 	407
Baka Zeitgeist 	393
cajunator 	379
Tempy 	354
Ultimadrago 	351
BGBW 	346
Ryuuroden 	310
Wanderer5 	305
raven777 	298
Professor Renegade 	260
johnsmith 	259
Ragingnight 	244
Seductivpancakes 	227
ShadowSoldier89 	208
RMI 	206
H3XAntiStyle 	202
Razgriz-Specter 	198
Meyneth 	188
Giolon 	185
CrazyMoonTalk 	154
SoldnerKei 	145
MikeHattsu 	141
Zerojul 	138
Femto. 	134
amishpriest99 	130
Yaari 	120
george_us 	114
kuroneko0509 	113
yami4ct 	113
kiunchbb 	112
Luigi87 	106
Busaiku 	103
Fatal Futanari 	97
Omegabalmung9 	97

I think one of the few OT's that Im in that Im not in the top 20.

Theonik

Well I guess I'm equally surprised that non Japanese ships are in the game but unsurprised that they are German. Well I guess that further proves my suspicion that the Abyssal are the Allies of WWII so I guess distorted Belfast is a possibility though it would like end up with a name like Light Cruiser Be-Class and look nothing like ship/museum.

EDIT: Looked them up and the Light Cruisers don't even look like humans. Forget that.
The leading theory is that the human enemies are sunken shipgirls hence they are called 'Abyss girls'. Not that it matters, everything goes I think. Alied vessels have little JP Otaku cred I guess.
The German Ships were started to be added last march with Bismarck, Z1, and Z3. We also got Prinz Eugen a while ago and U-511 and her Japanese version Ro-500 just a few days ago.

The RNG of Kancolle doesn't like me. Atleast I think the path you take through a level is RNG, but I can't seem to go to the boss of world 1-1 v_v

Atleast with the nendos that isn't an issue :p
The game sucks, I told you not worth the effort. Just enjoy your shipgirls at a distance and don't waste your time in RNG kusoge.

Yaari

Man seeing these makes me feel better about paying 90 shipped for my WoWo

Haha, yeah, seems like Mandarake especially likes to kick up their price each time after they managed to sell something. I got that Shimakaze for 2.5, no issues listed, they are up to 4k now.

StayDead

The leading theory is that the human enemies are sunken shipgirls hence they are called 'Abyss girls'. Not that it matters, everything goes I think. Alied vessels have little JP Otaku cred I guess.
The German Ships were started to be added last march with Bismarck, Z1, and Z3. We also got Prinz Eugen a while ago and U-511 and her Japanese version Ro-500 just a few days ago.

The game sucks, I told you not worth the effort. Just enjoy your shipgirls at a distance and don't waste your time in RNG kusoge.

Firstly the Abyss girls I think canonically (ignore if you don't want to spoil the anime despite it being set in a different universe and will probably be different)
is that the Abyss girls are sunken Shipgirls and when you sink an Abyss girl the girls soul who was trapped in the Abyss is released and it's how you obtain new ships for your fleet and why at the end of maps you can get a ship girl. Although they appear back at level 1 and have no memory of what's happened so they're "different" to the ones you've lost before.

Also you think this RNG is bad, trust me I've played and enjoyed games with much worse :p

Yaari

I actually like the game, I think it's fun. But as I said, how will a Vita version work? Some ships takes 5 hours to craft, its pretty much a mobile game with how the resources regenerate. I doubt that's going to work very well.

Haha, yeah, seems like Mandarake especially likes to kick up their price each time after they managed to sell something. I got that Shimakaze for 2.5, no issues listed, they are up to 4k now.

Seeing how CMT paid 32k for College Jacket Ryuko a mere handful of hours before I paid 35k, I'm inclined to agree. But then the frenzied demand for her right now probably helped.

Theonik

Firstly the Abyss girls I think canonically (ignore if you don't want to spoil the anime despite it being set in a different universe and will probably be different)
is that the Abyss girls are sunken Shipgirls and when you sink an Abyss girl the girls soul who was trapped in the Abyss is released and it's how you obtain new ships for your fleet and why at the end of maps you can get a ship girl. Although they appear back at level 1 and have no memory of what's happened so they're "different" to the ones you've lost before.

Also you think this RNG is bad, trust me I've played and enjoyed games with much worse :p
As far as I know that's just a theory. Don't think there is really a canon per-say but different artists employ their own canon like some new enemies having distinct design cues from ships which was not the case in early designs.

Actually there is some nice design evolution to be seen in later girls which is quite organic and literally designers just going with the flow.

Had a feeling WonFes news was what was going to kill the last OT. It feels like that one went by so quickly! I need to make a formal list of potential wallet damage but I will say it's not going to be nearly as extensive as some of the other lists in here. Proud of sword boys for going in on figures but I'm unaffected unless I decide to play the game somehow.
This rule has saved me from buying a lot of figures!

I was able to stop home for a little bit this weekend to finally open my AmiAmi package for the Natsume Alter. He's absolutely perfect and everything I've been waiting for. I was only able to take a quick cell phone picture of him in the box but hopefully in the next week or so I'll be able to unbox him in all his glory. At least for now he looks good on display due to the box being practically all clear plastic, not that I'm able to enjoy it for the time being.

With the announcements from WonFes, I will say that Alter may one day be my demise as I have yet to be disappointed by a figure from them.

At least my wallet will always be safe from KanColle.

Meyneth

Yeah! My stuff has landed in Canada! They'll probably get delivered tomorrow morning, I hope Snow looks good ԅ(◔ ∇ ◔)ง

Bombless

Voted in the strawpoll!

Made it to 6th this time huh? I had a feeling I had slowed down a bit. This is what happens when I order less.

I have to say, I'm a bit jelly that Aldnoah's Slaine is getting 3 friggin figures and Inaho gets nada. Get a grip Japan, it should be the other way around!

Theonik

Ah I have yet to order Kyouko, I want to but it's a busy month >.>

I think I will forever be annoyed at GSC for putting retailer bonuses for almost all their nendos now. Custom boxes like Kancolle I don't care about but say mako's face and other MAJOR accessories are annoying. Especially when it makes hunting second hand a pain.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah I have yet to order Kyouko, I want to but it's a busy month >.>

Excluding the delayed Kill Me Baby figurine, Kyouko is the only figure I've got on order.

I think I will forever be annoyed at GSC for putting retailer bonuses for almost all their nendos now. Custom boxes like Kancolle I don't care about but say mako's face and other MAJOR accessories are annoying. Especially when it makes hunting second hand a pain.
That reminds me. I need to finish that Akari mask I was drawing.

OT2's wall of shame:
  1. Freezasaurus Posts: 2,419 = same position
  2. Bombless Posts: 981 ↑2 positions
  3. Snkfanatic Posts: 979 ↑6 from below the wall
  4. chrono01 Posts: 958 ↓1 position
  5. kewlmyc Posts: 867 ↑1 position
  6. Einbroch Posts: 807 ↑Up from below the wall
  7. Samurai_Heart Posts: 663 ↑3 positions
  8. Ragingnight Posts: 595 ↓2 positions
  9. Ken Posts: 532 ↑10 positions
  10. Ultimadrago Posts: 521 ↑Up from below the wall
  11. omlet Posts: 471 ↑Up from below the wall
  12. Ryuuroden Posts: 467 ↑Up from below the wall
  13. dakkumauji Posts: 461 ↑Up from below the wall
  14. cajunator Posts: 449 ↑1 position
  15. johnsmith Posts: 391↓13 positions
  16. LiK Posts: 389 ↓11 positions
  17. raven777 Posts: 349 ↑Up from below the wall
  18. Giolon Posts: 340 ↓5 positions
  19. george_us Posts: 333 ↓5 positions
  20. javac Posts: 281 ↓2 positions
OT3's wall of shame:
  1. Freezasaurus
    640597-king_piece_chess_strategy-20.png
  2. Einbroch
    Chess_queen_chess_queen_horse_game_board_game_strategy_games.png
  3. RyosukeTH Posts: 947 ↑Up from below the wall Which include the top 40
    clap.gif
  4. omlet Posts: 795 ↑7 positions
  5. Snkfanatic Posts: 770 ↓2 positions
  6. Bombless Posts: 689 ↓4 positions
  7. kewlmyc Posts: 633 ↓2 positions
  8. chrono01 Posts: 585 ↓4 positions
  9. Samurai_Heart Posts: 530 ↓2 positions
  10. ThePeoplesBureau Posts: 527 ↑16 positions from below the top 20 wall
    bear_emoji_05__excited___v1__by_jerikuto-d723o2l.gif
    (He was 26th)
  11. dakkumauji Posts: 454 ↑4 positions Post count seems consistent though
    %5BEmoticon%5D%20I%20Asd.gif
  12. Settin Posts: 448 ↑16 positions from below the top 20 wall
    thanks.gif
    (Was 28th)
  13. StayDead Posts: 408 ↑16 positions from below the top 20 wall
    (Was 29th)
    scared3.gif
    So many usurpers =P
  14. Acid08 Posts: 407 ↑Up from below the wall StayDead has a rival XP
  15. Baka Zeitgeist Posts: 393 ↑22 positions from below the top 20 wall
    (Was 37th)
    ITS_A_LION_emoticon_style_by_Leo_Leonardo_III.gif
  16. cajunator Posts: 379 ↓2 positions
  17. Tempy Posts: 354 ↑4 positions from below the top 20 wall
    (Was 21st)
  18. Ultimadrago Posts: 351 ↓8 positions
  19. BGBW Posts: 346 ↑10 positions from below the top 20 wall
    (Was 29th)
  20. Ryuuroden Posts: 310 ↓5#8 positions
Quite a number of members from the OT2 dropped out of the top 20, I hope it means your wallets are thanking you ;D
And for this thread things to look forward to:
*looks at SNK* Mai rivaru!
Snkfanatic and Bombless's rivalry continues~ Will we see Bombless beat his rival again? Stay tuned~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom