• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hopefully this won't be a Versus situation, where it requires a century between announcement and a playable demo/release.

It's going to be a Versus situation, isn't it.

AwShucks

I need to stop paying attention to this. If we get more info tomorrow then great, but too many conclusions being jumped too and too many wild ideas.

The chances of Square Enix fucking up this remake are high, especially if they retrofit in Angeal and Genesis ( Oh God ). But I'll play it anyway, and if it sucks, I'll pretend it never existed after I finish it ^_^

LowParry

Hopefully this won't be a Versus situation, where it requires a century between announcement and a playable demo/release.

It's going to be a Versus situation, isn't it.

I don't think they can afford it. The demand will be so damn strong. You think XIII Versus fans are bad...................

CHl1WN9WUAAa7bc.jpg

I'm crying.

Finally!

eMpTy23

I wonder if this is a remake in the sense of a similar world/characters/story but things are being changed, or if it's meant to be exactly the same except for the graphics being rebuilt completely.

If it's the same game exactly, I'll buy a PS4 for this. I haven't seen a trailer or ANYTHING in probably ten years that put a smile on my face like this did.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
INFINITE IN MYSTERY IS THE GIFT OF THE GODDESS WE SEE IT THUS AND TAKE TO THE SKY, RIPPLES FORM ON THE WATERS SURFACE, THE WANDERING SOUL KNOWS NO REST!

HYPE TRAIN!!!

ViciousDS

Banned
Really? Huh.

Why is Sony so easy going about PC? Is it hardball from publishers or does Sony just consider PC to not be in direct competition?

I would say look at major sales for AAA games and PS4 being number one almost every time now means, they don't think PC is a competitor to them at all.

Go_Ly_Dow

call me crazy, but i genuinely believe Hashimoto didn't know and that FFVII PS1 version is now cancelled.

I think the fallout of what happened at PSX is what made him and S-E wake up to the demand.

I am really hesitant to get too excited about this, because yeah... I'm worried like hell it'll turn into another FF versus XIII situation, and even if it's not that bad, SE takes years and years before we see anything substantial, and even longer before it gets on store shelves.

2017 would be ideal, being FFVII's 20th anniversary, but I'm afraid we're looking at 2020 or later.

Somnid

They finally did it (or will possibly be doing it sometime in the next decade knowing SE) after all that trolling. Congrats Final Fantasy VII fans, you deserve it.

SephLuis

I am still hesitant, but I do believe we will see more until the end of this year.

I just hope they don't make this the next v13 and launch this game on the PS4

Ninjimbo

So I just saw the trailer and had a "meh" reaction. Sue me. I've never played the original FFVII and don't intend to, but a real remake helmed by Kitase, Nojima, and Nomura could be really cool.

My only question is: is Nomura really directing this? If so, where does that leave KH3? And seriously, is this game more than actual vaporware right now? SE has so much they have to deliver on! They have FFXV, KH3, and FFXIV to support along with mobile divisions to concentrate on and now they want to make the mother of all remakes? No way can this game come out and be a dud. I'm worried they're spreading themselves thin and falling into another promise hole.

Man, I hope SE knows what they're doing..

I'm absolutely ecstatic, but (as cheesy as it sounds) it's even better seeing other people lose their minds with me. This medium is truly something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom