• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 8 now on Steam - $11.99

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I get so happy sometimes!

WY31kqd.png

Timeaisis

Quality seems hit or miss from this thread. Is there really no controller support or does it just not work for some people?

No PSX audio is not a deal-breaker, but kind of sad. FFVIII isn't my favorite so I'll probably wait for this to go on sale...but still. Would be good to know.

Quality seems hit or miss from this thread. Is there really no controller support or does it just not work for some people?

No PSX audio is not a deal-breaker, but kind of sad. FFVIII isn't my favorite so I'll probably wait for this to go on sale...but still. Would be good to know.

My 360 controller works fine.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Takes about 30 seconds to mod in a fix.

Square did fix the FFVII audio eventually, so that may be coming down the pipe.

How?. But will it work and sound %100 like the original?
I read somewhere it's not exactly the same and there are some variations with the PSX version.

FFVIII has one of the best soundtracks in the franchise. Its a shame they did such lazy port. I think i'll wait for a patch for now.

Persona7

Banned
Yeah, I think I will wait on a patch and sale. I already own several disk copies of this and a digital copy on PSN.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I still have the original copy I got on Dreamcast Day...and another on PSN...but I will buy this again because this might be my favorite game of all time.

picgifs-final-fantasy-viii-88662.gif

This like FFVII, I have both the black label Playstation PSX and PSN copy.

I'll guess like FFVII, I'll will get this on Steam too to have on my account.

Son Of D

Never realised so many people hated it, I must be one of the few who loved all 3 of the PS1 games.

From my experiences it's a very divisive game. The junction system seems to be very hit and miss. And some people are able to get past that but hate it due to the story.

Also, I'm surprised SE haven't tried making a Triple Triad game on iOS/Android, PC and/or digital console/handheld stores. Seems like something they'd have done by now.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I still have the original copy I got on Dreamcast Day...and another on PSN...but I will buy this again because this might be my favorite game of all time.

picgifs-final-fantasy-viii-88662.gif

I've got the original PC copy in it's foldout sleeve of discs.

Another possibility is people are loading up their original FFVIII save into the Steam version. Seems plausible considering the fact that only the hardcore fans are buying FFVIII at full price right now.
So, it is possible to load up a save from the old PC version into this? If so, then I'll get it right now with the GMG sale.

Cheddahz

Banned
Tips on how to break the entire game within 45 minutes of starting:
As soon as you can, max out your salary level. Buy 30 tents as soon as you can. Use Siren's Life Magic refine ability to refine 30 tents into 300 Curagas. Junction Curaga to each character's HP. You now have enough HP to beat the entire game without any difficulty--and because your max HP is boosted and your current HP is not, Squall will be in limit break mode until you heal. Fight as few random battles as you can for the entire game; learn Card Mod to kill enemies without earning experience. I believe Diablos has an ability to lower the random battle encounter rate. Don't ever fight a random battle where you actually kill the enemies, only run or Card Mod. You will be able to blaze through the entire game with no difficulty whatsoever.

So wait, are you able to do this after
the Fire Caverns
or after the
SeeD exam
?

MoosiferX

I purchased this yesterday, and somehow it's auto-detecting an e-mail I haven't used in 3+ years for my SE Account on a computer that's never been associated with said e-mail. As a result it's not sending an confirmation e-mail to my current one.

I just... why? lol

Gaming is so hard nowadays.

Top Bottom