• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Ever Crisis is live for Global version (unless you live in SEA region for some reason)

Pejo

Not sure what to expect, downloading it now. I'll post thoughts after playing it for a bit.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
"...experience the journey of a young hero Sephiroth."

That alone deserves more than a mobile game.

Sick Vomit GIF by Hello All

Nankatsu

Gold Member
My potato phone laughed at my attempt of running this.

They got me interested, but then thrown me a chibi art and...

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Graphics are so good
Art is fantastic
The new music is great
Tons of content as well

Gacha sucks ass

And because gacha sucks ass and seems to be more confusing than ever in this game, I’ll rate this a 0/10

"...experience the journey of a young hero Sephiroth."

That alone deserves more than a mobile game.
I’m betting on a cleaned up port in the future, like Megaman X Dive Offline. I think SE just wants to milk this for mobile first before moving it to steam or consoles.

Reactions: Dis

nikos

Graphics are so good
Art is fantastic
The new music is great
Tons of content as well

Gacha sucks ass

And because gacha sucks ass and seems to be more confusing than ever in this game, I’ll rate this a 0/10

I don't mind gacha in terms of pulling characters/items for some kind of premium currency.

What bothers me in these types of games are the leveling systems. You have to learn which items level what and there are often so many for the sake of monetization. There are lots of mobile games that get it right, but most have way too many items and upgrade systems which is an immediate turn off for me.

Pejo

So I finally put some time into this game. It has the framework of exactly what I wished FFVII Remake actually was, but the obvious monetization shit thrown in on top of gutting most of the "non essential" stuff kinda makes it feel like it has no soul. Just railroading you into the key encounters so you can get back to the menu and pay money for stuff. I actually like the battle system they used here though.

Fucking shame that this is what Final Fantasy has become.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Graphics are so good
Art is fantastic
The new music is great
Tons of content as well

Gacha sucks ass

Your only hope is that Megaman X Dive Offline does well enough that other companies take notice. So when this inevitably shuts down next year they retool it and then sell it without the gatcha at a set price.

But considering Dive has 1k downloaded on the app store, it's sadly not making the impact in gatcha I had hoped.

Last edited:

Pejo

Your only hope is that Megaman X Dive Offline does well enough that other companies take notice. So when this inevitably shuts down next year they retool it and then sell it without the gatcha at a set price.

But considering Dive has 1k downloaded on the app store, it's sadly not making the impact in gatcha I had hoped.
It's a shame that they're skipping so much of the gameplay because if nothing else this game could have been used to rip assets from and dump into FF7 Steam version.

7th Heaven mod is alright, but I would kill to have the whole game with the assets in Ever Crisis.

Top Bottom