• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years Is Missing Content On iOS And Android

Tripon

Square Enix remade Final Fantasy IV: The After Years in the style of the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV, but not all of the game is included.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is an episodic game and each chapter has challenge dungeons that you usually have to grind a lot through to complete. For whatever reason, Square Enix removed the challenge dungeons from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS and Android. You can still get the items from those dungeons in a different way, but there is content missing in The After Years.

One thing they added though is if you have Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years you’ll start the game with bonus small tails.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09/final-fantasy-iv-years-missing-content-ios-android/

They take out the one thing that played the most like a mobile game?

Psxphile

The Challenge dungeons were nice, but having to play them multiple times to collect every treasure at the end? Not so much. I wonder what they're reasoning was to remove them (is this really confirmed? Have people beaten the game completely already?).

I never got much use of spells like Stop, Break and Mute in normal playthroughs of FFIV, but the Challenge Dungeons in TAY were sometimes impossible to make headway into unless you abused status-altering magic. It definitely led to me trying different tactics than just spamming Fight and Virus Bio. What a shame. I suppose whoever developed the remake (Matrix?) upped the difficulty in the normal game to make up for it?

Goli

The Challenge dungeons were nice, but having to play them multiple times to collect every treasure at the end? Not so much. I wonder what they're reasoning was to remove them (is this really confirmed? Have people beaten the game completely already?).

I never got much use of spells like Stop, Break and Mute in normal playthroughs of FFIV, but the Challenge Dungeons in TAY were sometimes impossible to make headway into unless you abused status-altering magic. It definitely led to me trying different tactics than just spamming Fight and Virus Bio. What a shame. I suppose whoever developed the remake (Matrix?) upped the difficulty in the normal game to make up for it?

Ceodore's got removed, at least. I got the game on release but I was playing LR at the time and now I'm focusing on uni at the moment so I can't comment on the rest, but it wouldn't surprise me since Matrix/SE also removed the challenge dungeons from Final Fantasy Dimensions.
Personally I don't care much about them, as the game is indeed harder (or so I think) in this version, and I never felt they added anything anyways.

Top Bottom