• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX: Memoria (Fan) Project - Full Gameplay Demo | UE5 Remake (holy F)

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy IX: Memoria Project is a passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers and artists in the video game industry that aims to reimagine what the legendary game could look like if it was remade with modern graphical capabilities. Final Fantasy IX is near and dear to our hearts, and this non-profit love letter was created as a tribute to the masterpiece that is the 2000 original. We'd like to thank everyone who supported us over the years and motivated us to keep pushing through this massively ambitious project despite all the challenges. We hope you enjoy our reimagining of this classic game!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MemoriaProject
#FinalFantasy #MemoriaProject

:messenger_face_screaming: No words.

Last edited:

Comandr

I mean, it’s pretty damn impressive. You can tell a tremendous amount of love went into the project. It’s too bad the game we may eventually get will probably never have this much care put into it.

Inb4 “aLL uE5 FaN DeMoS lOoK LiKe sOuLlEsS tRaSH”

Go_Ly_Dow

I mean, it’s pretty damn impressive. You can tell a tremendous amount of love went into the project. It’s too bad the game we may eventually get will probably never have this much care put into it.

Inb4 “aLL uE5 FaN DeMoS lOoK LiKe sOuLlEsS tRaSH”
No chance I'd expect any remake to look like this. The buget to recreate the entire game, the world map and the dozens of towns, cities and other locations in this quality would be too much.
This is probably the best fan made UE5 remake I've ever seen.
+1 its nuts
SQUARE ENIX, HIRE THIS MAN!

literally. Hire him
100%!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If there is a remake, this is kinda how I'd want it done. FFIX had a certain charm and art style that must be preserved. It can't look photorealistic, it needs to look a little bit cartoony. And how they decided to do the camera view is a style I like.

Still don't like how everyone's just skipping over FFVIII though, still think that would be greatly aided by a remake.

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy IX: Memoria Project is a passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers and artists in the video game industry that aims to reimagine what the legendary game could look like if it was remade with modern graphical capabilities. Final Fantasy IX is near and dear to our hearts, and this non-profit love letter was created as a tribute to the masterpiece that is the 2000 original. We'd like to thank everyone who supported us over the years and motivated us to keep pushing through this massively ambitious project despite all the challenges. We hope you enjoy our reimagining of this classic game!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MemoriaProject
#FinalFantasy #MemoriaProject

Thief1987

Doesn't have facial animations at all, it's pretty glaring downside to call it impressive, especially for a "passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers"

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Doesn't have facial animations at all, it's pretty glaring downside to call it impressive, especially for a "passion project led by a team of over 50 professional developers"
admittedly the animation quality ain't up to par, but by god the environments and lighting and character models.... they're all sublime

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's perfect. Everyone is talking about how the new Zelda should be, this is exactly how it should be. Same art style with technical improvements.

SABRE220

Ok this looked amazing honestly, It was kind of the starting point of what I imagined we would be getting from next gen and ...yeah that led to dissapointment. Square Enix hire these guys!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Looks sick. Sadly the remake will have Vivi doing backflips while you mash X and the screen fills with particle effects.

• Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks nice & how I expect a remake of it to look.
Definitely a digital only £25 product.

Killer8

At least they're up front that this is just a demo and will get C&D'd into oblivion once the true remake is announced.

It's a nice tribute but also if you told me like... this was an FFIX remake concept one dedicated guy made in Dreams, I would've believed you too.

And split into 3 parts.
But no, I would only pay £25 for it.
Nah, this is going to be an actual remake. The new FFVII games are sequels.

I imagine this will be closer to something like they did with the Mana games. The only question on price is 60 or 70 dollars.

Regardless, day one for me.

It's just lovely. Amazing stuff.

Even the voice acting is good enough. The music is a bit off but overall this is the way I want the proper remake to be.

I also wonder about the not-so-subtle timing of this, with all these game shows coming up starting tomorrow and heavy rumblings of an actual FFIX remake. Maybe they know something we don't.

giphy.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Looks unbelievably good. This is the kind of remake the game deserves. It's not finished or polished to hell and back but I would pay 70 in a heartbeat if this is what was shown.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This looks horrible.

The pre-rendered backgrounds look miles better than this.

This looks like generic stylized game no. 453463576457

Like. . .I hate to poop on what is clearly a well done passion project, but I felt the same thing. Like this looks to try to RECREATE the cinematic quality of the game and use that as the ingame work. . .when the cinematics looked incredibly dated and far too plastic even at release what 20 or so years ago.

. . .that said, this is better than the usual garbage we get from the UE5 threads and looks like actual effort was put into this recreation.

Is this a default header you have? Because this is your sentiment for everything.
No, he just mostly plays a forum 'role'. I've seen Slime create good threads and promote good RPG games here. He could be our old school JRPG aficionado. However unfortunately he wants to be remembered for the opposite, all to live up to a tag under his name.

shame-sad.gif

Fbh

I generally find these UE "remakes" look terrible but this one actually does look great.

As others have said, it probably looks nicer than what we'll get from Square

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Is this a default header you have? Because this is your sentiment for everything.
I can see past the smokes and mirrors.

And no, I don't think you're bad at all Mr Toady.

You're quite delicious.

Oh. Ok. Let’s see your portfolio if you wouldn’t mind sharing.
Does that logic only applies to people that have opinions contrary to yours?

Do you apply that logic to game journalists and "influencers" as well when they say good things about the games you like?

Was Roger Ebert known for directing the best movies ever to be able to criticize movies?

I think you know the answer.

Top Bottom