• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Gold Member
i'm back up to 35 mythril right now. I think I might forego the last of the Festival xp to try to farm some normal dungeons + elites for mythril for a 11 pull on Tactics. I'm probably a good 40 regular dungeons behind by now.

Through the event I took 7 parties from level 30 to 50+ cap broken, so I feel like I've done a fair share of grinding and improving my teams.

One thing I'm really noticing now though; the Record Materia inventory is a total and utter mess. It takes so long to scroll through it to find the Materia you're looking for. I don't even know how they'd clean it up either. The only thing that mildly helps is switching the display to show the descriptions, but even then it takes forever to find stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers
i'm back up to 35 mythril right now. I think I might forego the last of the Festival xp to try to farm some normal dungeons + elites for mythril for a 11 pull on Tactics. I'm probably a good 40 regular dungeons behind by now.

Through the event I took 7 parties from level 30 to 50+ cap broken, so I feel like I've done a fair share of grinding and improving my teams.

One thing I'm really noticing now though; the Record Materia inventory is a total and utter mess. It takes so long to scroll through it to find the Materia you're looking for. I don't even know how they'd clean it up either. The only thing that mildly helps is switching the display to show the descriptions, but even then it takes forever to find stuff.

Set things as favorites, makes it so much easier and less time consuming.

You can add Favourite RM, but I find myself barely using that and just scrolling through it all still. I agree it looks very cluttered.

I spent most of my Mythril during the Festival so nothing on Tactics for me. Shame...

Finished the story dungeons. 90 mythril, so 100 even once done with the event. We'll see what we can pull here. Really hoping to get two relics on the first go and save fifty for the xii banner, very weak on relics there.

These dungeons really went down easy thanks to the massive power creep of the past week.
Rolled Mage meta through most, only break/down I used was steal power on a couple of bosses.

Hope ssb
Exdeath grand cross
Yuna hotf on summon duties
Yshtola on wall and heal duties as usual
Swapping in quistis for her ssb or either bartz or zidane depending on if one or a multi boss

Flare r3
Bahamut r3
Meteor r3
Valefor r5
Ruinga r4
Quake r3/weakness ja r4

Just rips through everything. Thank you three Mage springs, Finally added fusoyas to the mix.

Throw in bartz for his ssb using steal power life siphon or zidane with theifs revenge r2 and just wail away, or both since zidane doesn't need steal power with his ssb.

Embarrassingly, I did not realize that zidane's ssb was aoe until these dungeons! I need another single target ssb now.

ultra7k

Pulling hard on Tactics like never before. I too have saved up 300 mythril, and maybe I can scrounge up another 12 for a 3 pull.

Negator

Should have 185 Mythril before event starts. Another 10 from event should put me at 195. If the 3 11 pulls fail me, will save up for the 4th, and if not...god help me.

Today's the day boys.

Who's going to be dropping it all on Tactics?

Currently sitting on 388 mythril. I think my hard limit is going to be 300, but with the following extra caveats:
1) If I get Ramza's Armor, Agrias's Shield, and Shoutstick, I'll stop immediately.
2) If I pull Ramza's Armor and Agrias's shield, I'll stop at 200.

Kain

Oh man, third Ultimate that I've beaten in a row (well, in fact third Ultimate I've beaten, period) and first mastered!

Setup (actual RW was Divine Guardian, I took this screenshot after beating them because I never thought I would make it xD):

oJAFPVL.jpg

As you can see there is nothing exceptional (no medica, no wall, no SSBs, no haste), but it did the trick. I only lost two medals, one in damage and one in actions. It went essentially like this:

- Cast DG and Protectga (don't need more protection than that if everything goes right, really)
- Wait until Leblanc casts Mighty guard then dispel her
- Cast Retaliate
- Ormi casts Draw fire
- Bio blaster, if at least two were not poisoned, S/L
- Yukikaze, then Dark buster/Blind shell on Ormi
- If he was not blinded by then, S/L
- If he was, pummel Leblanc with everything
- Occassionally throw Dark Buster / Blind shell at Logos if he was not blinded
- Cast Avalanche
- Spam Yukikaze like crazy
- Spam Kick
- Spam Tempo Flurry on Leblanc

TF proc'd on her so she got too slow to cast No lost love, so after she died I renewed DG and the rest was easy. Just save your blinding abilities for when Ormi refreshes Draw fire as you'll need it if you want the mastery.

I think the secret is to rush down Leblanc before she casts No lost love, if you can manage that, the fight is done. This is a very rng dependant fight like the last Ultimate, but I think it's a little more fair because you can keep them all more or less controlled with debuffs.

PS: Not going to pull nothing in FFT banner besides all the few mythril I can gather this week. #don'tcareaboutmeta #0mythrillosersclub #toosaltytocare

Dragner

Where did you guys get all that Mythril stockpiled from? Did you save it all since the RoR banners, or earlier?

I pulled only like 2 times with mythril in all Ive been playing. But i have P2W singles pulls on some interesting banners. Ive been extremely lucky with my pulls. Had 500 for this festival got everything I wanted and only spent 200.

Luckily I will pull agrias shield and grand armor, Platinum sword would be nice but I dont really need it since I have my RW spot free now I have native wall.

Tidd

Wow Banner 5 changed a lot for me. The FF X-2+++ fight was easy. It's the first one I mastered without problems. Using Wall, Hastega + a great SSB really help for these fights. Before I didn't even care and just Advantaliate these fights. Sometimes it worked and sometimes I didn't even try to beat them.

I'm still in a phase where I have to figure out what I should use for my party. Especially Gilgamesh feels a little bit redundant since I already have Garnet's SSB for major regen. So I need a few tips on which characters I should focus. And especially which abilities are the best for these. Right now my party consist of Lightning, Gilgamesh/Wakka (depend on if I need blind or poison), Rinao (mostly for trash and elemental weaknesses), Tyro and Garnet. So mostly my SSBs.
My fights look like this right now: I spam Lifesiphon with Lightning and then use PP or Advance as a RW and use her SSB to kill every boss (which doesn't resist lightning). Tyro for the Wall or Full Break/weakness/extra healing. Gilgamesh for I don't even know for what, he's just there lol. Rinoa does decent damage with her magic spells and Garnet for Hastega and Healing or damage via summons.

This is what I have:
SSBs:
2x Genji Blade (V) - Gilgamesh (I guess I keep them seperate since Katanas are rare and I don't have another good 5* Katana)
Wizard Rod (IX) - Garnet
Cardinal (VIII) - Rinoa
Peacemaker (XIII) - Lightning
Over the top (X) - Wakka
Sentinel's Grimoire - Tyro (I list this under SSB because how ridiculous good this is :D)

Unique:

Enhancer (VI) - Terra
2x Rune Blade (VI) - Cecil (don't know if I should combine them)
Brave Blade (V) - Bartz
3x Ultima Sword - Steiner (I should definitely at least make one Ultima Sword+ I think)
2x Thor Hammer - Galuf (guess I should make a Thor Hammer+ from these since the hammer wielding pool is small)
Partisan (VI) - Edgar
Zack's Glove (VII) - Zack lol
Morning Star (VIII) - Selphie
Capella (XII) - Balthier
Gatling Gun (VII) - Barret
Ebon Armor (IV) - Golbez

So yeah It would be great if you could lend me hand to figure out what way I should go. :)

Wow Banner 5 changed a lot for me. The FF X-2+++ fight was easy. It's the first one I mastered without problems. Using Wall, Hastega + a great SSB really help for these fights. Before I didn't even care and just Advantaliate these fights. Sometimes it worked and sometimes I didn't even try to beat them.

I'm still in a phase where I have to figure out what I should use for my party. Especially Gilgamesh feels a little bit redundant since I already have Garnet's SSB for major regen. So I need a few tips on which characters I should focus. And especially which abilities are the best for these. Right now my party consist of Lightning, Gilgamesh/Wakka (depend on if I need blind or poison), Rinao (mostly for trash and elemental weaknesses), Tyro and Garnet. So mostly my SSBs.
My fights look like this right now: I spam Lifesiphon with Lightning and then use PP or Advance as a RW and use her SSB to kill every boss (which doesn't resist lightning). Tyro for the Wall or Full Break/weakness/extra healing. Gilgamesh for I don't even know for what, he's just there lol. Rinoa does decent damage with her magic spells and Garnet for Hastega and Healing or damage via summons.

This is what I have:
SSBs:
2x Genji Blade (V) - Gilgamesh (I guess I keep them seperate since Katanas are rare and I don't have another good 5* Katana)
Wizard Rod (IX) - Garnet
Cardinal (VIII) - Rinoa
Peacemaker (XIII) - Lightning
Over the top (X) - Wakka
Sentinel's Grimoire - Tyro (I list this under SSB because how ridiculous good this is :D)

Unique:

Enhancer (VI) - Terra
2x Rune Blade (VI) - Cecil (don't know if I should combine them)
Brave Blade (V) - Bartz
3x Ultima Sword - Steiner (I should definitely at least make one Ultima Sword+ I think)
2x Thor Hammer - Galuf (guess I should make a Thor Hammer+ from these since the hammer wielding pool is small)
Partisan (VI) - Edgar
Zack's Glove (VII) - Zack lol
Morning Star (VIII) - Selphie
Capella (XII) - Balthier
Gatling Gun (VII) - Barret
Ebon Armor (IV) - Golbez

So yeah It would be great if you could lend me hand to figure out what way I should go. :)

At a glance, I'd probably go something fairly physical-heavy.

Garnet: Healer w/ Curaga/Curaja and Protectga/Shellga/Diaga, depending on the circumstances.
Tyro: Support w/ whatever Breaks you need, possibly also running Protectga/Shellga depending on the situation. Also a good option for Machinist debuffs when applicable.
Lightning/Gilgamesh/Zack: Lifesiphon + whatever extra things you may need on the side (Breaks, Dismissal, Tempo Flurry, Mirror of Equity, etc. Good 5* would be Saint's Cross and the upcoming Full Charge, possibly Flashing Blade if you want AoE).

RW: Shout/Planet Protector for your attack boost and go to town.

Rinoa would definitely be my go-to mage if you want at least one for elemental damage or trash clearing; just swap out one of the melee dudes.

Dragner

You have a nice scream team right there, I would not play garnet since heavy regen is override by Gilgamesh and you get hastega from Shout. Selphie gives you AOE heal instead.

Something like this.

Selphie (Trabia Light) , Curaja, Shellga/protectga
Gilgamesh (Faithful Companion) , Lifesiphon, Banishing Strike/elemental jump/whatever
Lightning, Lifesiphon, Spellblade/Dismissal
Wakka (Auroch Reels), Breakdowns/Status
Tyro (Sentinel G), Full break, Shellga/protectga/dance/extra heal/whatever

RW: Shout

Also this team can be converted on heavy back row, so you will be godly vs Phys ultimates. all this caracters can do full damage from back row, and thats VERY GOOD.

If you still want to run Garnet run her summoner instead of Wakka, but she will not be getting Shout bonus.

im wondering if i should even bother with the FFT banner
im a new player and i dont have any of the trinity
should i? or just save up Mythril for later?

Really hoping for Ramza's armor more than anything else tonight. My RW will be filled with Shout pretty quickly. Hell, I probably won't even need to add that many, I feel like half my list will switch to that (plus checking people following me that I do not follow back).

Falk

that puzzling face
Wutai is probably one of the more flexible medicas since you generally want your AOE heal on someone that's not on your healer for simultaneous emegency casts, and stacking two MND characters sometimes limits options.

I mean, maybe you could have gotten Ramza's similar relic, but SSB5 is definitely a better bet since it has all 3 of the trinity plus a lot of useful synergies (as opposed to Tactics which has a practical synergy use of near zero going forward)

Wutai is probably one of the more flexible medicas since you generally want your AOE heal on someone that's not on your healer for simultaneous emegency casts, and stacking two MND characters sometimes limits options.

I mean, maybe you could have gotten Ramza's similar relic, but SSB5 is definitely a better bet since it has all 3 of the trinity plus a lot of useful synergies (as opposed to Tactics which has a practical synergy use of near zero going forward)

plus i just started last weeked so its not like im gonna be doing Ultimates tomorrow lol

Balphon

i already did
got a couple wutais,ultimas, and a genji for Greg

You've already gotten a reasonably solid base out of SSB5. If you're just starting it may be in your best interests to skip FFT and pull on banners that can fill in your synergy needs.

I'd suggest one of the Relm banners. FF6 synergy is important and they both have good relics.

Dreavus

Oh man, third Ultimate that I've beaten in a row (well, in fact third Ultimate I've beaten, period) and first mastered!

Setup (actual RW was Divine Guardian, I took this screenshot after beating them because I never thought I would make it xD):

As you can see there is nothing exceptional (no medica, no wall, no SSBs, no haste), but it did the trick. I only lost two medals, one in damage and one in actions. It went essentially like this:

- Cast DG and Protectga (don't need more protection than that if everything goes right, really)
- Wait until Leblanc casts Mighty guard then dispel her
- Cast Retaliate
- Ormi casts Draw fire
- Bio blaster, if at least two were not poisoned, S/L
- Yukikaze, then Dark buster/Blind shell on Ormi
- If he was not blinded by then, S/L
- If he was, pummel Leblanc with everything
- Occassionally throw Dark Buster / Blind shell at Logos if he was not blinded
- Cast Avalanche
- Spam Yukikaze like crazy
- Spam Kick
- Spam Tempo Flurry on Leblanc

TF proc'd on her so she got too slow to cast No lost love, so after she died I renewed DG and the rest was easy. Just save your blinding abilities for when Ormi refreshes Draw fire as you'll need it if you want the mastery.

I think the secret is to rush down Leblanc before she casts No lost love, if you can manage that, the fight is done. This is a very rng dependant fight like the last Ultimate, but I think it's a little more fair because you can keep them all more or less controlled with debuffs.

PS: Not going to pull nothing in FFT banner besides all the few mythril I can gather this week. #don'tcareaboutmeta #0mythrillosersclub #toosaltytocare

Nice. I'm still struggling with this fight, tried a whole bunch last night. I think the key I was missing was getting a dispel to remove leblanc's defences, I might try again and bring one of those along.

My other problem is no love lost is usually coming down right around the time my soul breaks are charged and it strips everything. I actually stopped casting tempo because a few times it did slow her, then I didn't kill her before she cast no love lost late, and I get one shot because my SS2 had already gone down, lol. With dispel maybe I can get her down before the first cast, I dunno.

Dragner

None of them stack with each other, but all of them can stack with both Shell and Wall, so max 350% increase, right?

yeah, I think max % you can stack is 300% before getting to the cap. But shellga doesnt count for that so always work, you could have Celes + Wall + Focus + Shellga up for example.

How can I really use Yuffie? Her instant medica is cool but ninjas just seem really mediocre compared to just bringing a real character either offense or mage.

Balphon

How can I really use Yuffie? Her instant medica is cool but ninjas just seem really mediocre compared to just bringing a real character either offense or mage.

Steal Power + Thief's Revenge/Flurry of Petals/Doppelblade.

She's also the best option for ninja magic if you're so inclined.

You can use her primarily in three ways: physical skills, ninja scrolls, support.

Physical: You can run Thief's Revenge, Tempo Flurry or Dismissal with Steal Power. (Or if you have a Boostga, then two of the above.)

Magic: Use elemental scrolls to exploit weaknesses and quickly build SB meter. Easy to hone to high usage levels and they have a short casting time. Shadow's Ninja Skill boosting RM will be very useful here too.

Support: A combination of Steal Power and the various breakdown dances. Easy to mix with either a physical or magic build. (She has level 3 Black Magic so she can inflict some ailments like Blind also. Plus, her access to Shadowsteel is useful for any Sap weak bosses.)

Nohar

He.

Hehe.

Hehehehehehehe.

It comes... The banner... It comes... Finally. At last.

Are You Not Excited?

Because I am.

Such a great experience, am I right guys?

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Depends entirely on your hones and relics. Do any of them have character relics?

well only yuffie relic i have is the headband
greg has his genji
Cloud has an Ultima atm
Terra has no relic
neither does Vanille
and Tyro has no relic either just galufs hammer and Golbez armor

Negator

Unless you need Magic I would probably boot Terra.

If you have Steiner's sword I would work on replacing Cloud with him as well.

MrDaravon

Okay, so what MC2s should I buy from the Hall of Rites? I have 4 lodes to spend. Who I'm missing plus what relics I have for them (if any):

PCecil
Gilgamesh
Bartz - Brave Blade
Locke - Valiant Knife
Tifa
Aerith
Sephiroth - Masamune & Yoshiyuki
Squall
Vivi - Oak Staff
Tidus
Lulu
Auron
Vanille
Hope - Hawkeye

I'm thinking Locke, Sephiroth & Hope just because I've got SSB's for them, then maybe either holding onto my last one or Gilgamesh for utility? Not sure if the Brave Blade/Oak Staff make Bartz/Vivi worhwhile enough to break on their own just for that. Alternatively Gilgamesh has a lot of utility, but I have no relics for him so not sure if that makes up for that as opposed to just holding onto the lode in case I pull something for someone else in the meantime?

Jarekx

+1 for Locke. I've only got him to 73 so far but with TR and Valiant Strike he deals some crazy damage. His Valiant Strike with Boostga is averaging around 64k damage for me on the new elites.

MrDaravon

Yeah Locke is a lock (ha!) I think since the Valiant Knife SSB is so good. I guess to phrase this a different way: are the Sephiroth and Hope SSBs good enough to buy their MC2s for assuming I don't have any other SSB or notable relics for anyone else? I'm guessing yes but just looking for confirmation since I'm missing a lot of characters and don't have a lot of lodes so I don't want to waste any.

My last lode I think is the real question; is it worth buying Gilgamesh's for his utility even though I have no relics for him or should I save it in that case?

You will want Tidus eventually for his RM3.

FUCK that's right I keep forgetting about looking at the RM3s for these, gonna do that right now thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom