• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 New Info/Teaser Page Open/Playable at Square Enix Party

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
New Information from IGN:
Square Enix is working on some new twists to up the strategy in the game's grid-based battle system. The number of character jobs has increased. Famitsu provides a look at a samurai-like job and a magic knight, although the actual identity of these two is still a mystery.

The game also promises some tough boss fights, with some bosses so big that they take up multiple squares. Some large-scale standard enemies will appear too, revealed Murasawa. These large foes have special abilities that make approaching them dangerous.

Playable demo and new movie at Square-Enix Party: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/party07/titles/ffta2/
logo.jpg

Official Site Open - Teaser Page: http://www.ffta2.com/

Also can some please confirm Bizarro Sun Yat-sen's rough translation about laws and perma-deaths being optional from the Famitsu interview? Please. :)

Edit: Oops, it's not Jump Festa, it's the S-E Party.

jj984jj

duckroll said:
Jump Festa?

Please, just stop making threads if you suck ass at information. :p
Thank you for being an ass even after I already realized my mistake duckroll.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Thank you for being an ass even after I already realized my mistake duckroll.

You're welcome. You clearly didn't realize it fast enough, since now the pre-edit topic title is stuck on the thread listing. :lol

jj984jj

duckroll said:
You're welcome. You clearly didn't realize it fast enough, since now the pre-edit topic title is stuck on the thread listing. :lol
Definitely need to stop making posts about 'new' information after 4AM, I had one look at the page and thought about Jump Festa since they had the exact same layout for titles shown there last year. I also write incoherent sentences all the time after being up for so long... but if I didn't post this nobody would've noticed.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Definitely need to stop making posts after 4AM, I had one look at the page and thought about Jump Festa since they had the exact same layout for titles shown there last year.

They have the same layout and icons for every single show they have a major showing at. TGS, E3, Jump Festa, S-E Party, etc. Anyway, it should be interesting that it's playable next month, I don't care much for FFTA but once FFT PSP and FFTA2 are out of the way, I just want more Ivalice Alliance announcements. Can't wait to see how Kawazu is going to **** up Vagrant Story. ^_^

justchris

jj984jj said:
Also can some please confirm Bizarro Sun Yat-sen's rough translation about laws and perma-deaths being optional from the Famitsu interview? Please. :)

Hey, now there's a tolerable idea. A hard mode with perma-death & laws, and an easy mode without. That way those of us who like a challenge can still have one, without them reducing the target market.

Saoh

so, Capcom Gamers Day in April (next week), S-E party in May and the new E3 in June :D .

awesome, the news drought is coming to an end.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Saoh said:
so, Capcom Gamers Day in April (next week), S-E party in May and the new E3 in June :D .

Ace Attorney 3!!! Ace Attorney 3!!!!

:D

I hope we get an announcement soon.

Saoh said:

Don't forget Hoppers Vol. 2 next week as well. I demand to see the Suda/Mikami project.

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:
Just because this thread lacks screenshots. They're from Go Nintendo btw.

No, they're from Famitsu. Go Nintendo is just the shitty site that passes on other site's images (watermarked, even!) without proper attribution.

Eteric Rice

ethelred said:
No, they're from Famitsu. Go Nintendo is just the shitty site that passes on other site's images (watermarked, even!) without proper attribution.

I meant as that's where I found them. :p

I don't go to Famitsu, as I cannot read Japanese. :(

Saoh

ethelred said:

wha? they always link to the source ?:(

TreIII

If they can't hope to create a "balanced" game for multiplayer, perhaps its for the best. I'd rather them focus on making the Single-player game as best as they can, rather than sacrifice it for the sake of a half-baked multiplayer. Those were among the small number of complaints I had for FFTA and TO: KoL for GBA years ago, and I would hope that the development team would have learned their lesson by now. But if that isn't the case, then just focus on making the singple-player game awesome.

Alex

Aeana said:
No, it's from FFTA, just re-arranged slightly.

That's impossible.

Impossible? It's easy as hell, every single soundtrack he puts out sounds identical.

ethelred

Alex said:
Impossible? It's easy as hell, every single soundtrack he puts out sounds identical.

This sounds identical to previous soundtracks because it's nothing more than a rearrangement of "Companions who Surpass their Tribe" from FFTA. If you don't like the whole "reuse one song in a sequel's soundtrack," oh well... that's something Sakimoto learned from Hayato Matsuo, though.

Aside from that, no, you're not correct -- his soundtracks do not all sound alike. Vagrant Story sounds very different from Dragon Quarter which sounds very different from Tactics Ogre which sounds very different from Odin Sphere which sounds very different from Radiant Silvergun.

DarknessTear said:
Art style looks familiar. What else has this artist done?

Ryoma Itoh. He did FFTA, Heroes of Mana, and FFXII: Revenant Wings

silenttwn

Plus I think Sakimoto composes the Ivalice games in a certain style. Breath of Fire: DQ is similar sounding but is still different than if you compare FFT, VS, FFTA, and FFXII all of which sound much more similiar.

Pellham

Banned
ant1532 said:
Are you being sarcastic?

Yes, and he has a point. Multiplayer is not some magical requirement for SRPGs and never has been. It's been in a few games but it's never supremely improved the quality of the games or anything.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Final-Fant...on-preorders-hit-past-100-000/pg/49/aid/88855

there is no reason they cant make new games on the psp with those kinds of numbers and the numbers of monster hunter, the reason the psp didnt meet expectations cause of third party developers, it isnt sonys fault at all or the users. Those third parties make or break systems, and they were too scared of making games for a portbale by sony (who only made consoles till the psp), so what else did u guys really expect out of the psp with no final fantasies, kingdom eharts, metal gears, rachet and clanks, devil may cry, gran turismo, god of war, etc. till over 2 year sinto its lifetime while nintendo has been supporting their handheld with first party titles since the get go? . Sony also has two other systems to make games for while nintendo dropped both the gba and gc at that point? really what did u people expec tout of the psp when it was neglected form the start? Fact is whatever the media or analysts or sonys propaganda department said has nothing to do with what the developers treated it from the get go.

ethelred

Strangler/ WhiteEyebrow said:
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Final-Fant...on-preorders-hit-past-100-000/pg/49/aid/88855

there is no reason they cant make new games on the psp with those kinds of numbers and the numbers of monster hunter, the reason the psp didnt meet expectations cause of third party developers, it isnt sonys fault at all or the users. Those third parties make or break systems, and they were too scared of making games for a portbale by sony (who only made consoles till the psp), so what else did u guys really expect out of the psp with no final fantasies, kingdom eharts, metal gears, rachet and clanks, devil may cry, gran turismo, god of war, etc. till over 2 year sinto its lifetime while nintendo has been supporting their handheld with first party titles since the egt go (sony also has two other systems to make games for)? really what did u people expec tout of the psp when it was neglected form the start? Fact is whatever the media or analysts or sonys propaganda department said has nothing to do with what the developers treated it from the get go.

Wha... wha... what?

I wanted to post that as a reply to this thread but it was locked:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149783

and also 100,000 already preorders for a game which is available on almost every syste, shows that there is no reason they cant make new games for the psp and only make them for the ds or ps2. It also shows it is the biggest reason it didnt meet expectations, so dont blame sony but blame third parties like squareenix for being ungrateful backstabbers to sony who made them most money. And partly it is sonys fualt for not pushing their first party devs to make mroe games for it and releasing it when the amrket was oversaturated with consoles (ps2 still evry much alive for instance). Fact is games like dq9 would look alot better on a psp than a ds.

RaidenZR

Is the logo meant to imply magic using judges are featured in the game? Or maybe just a prominent villain figure?

ethelred

Strangler/ WhiteEyebrow said:
I wanted to post that as a reply to this thread but it was locked:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149783

and also 100,000 already preorders for a game which is available on almost every syste, shows that there is no reason they cant make new games for the psp and only make them for the ds or ps2. It also shows it is the biggest reason it didnt meet expectations, so dont blame sony but blame third parties like squareenix for being ungrateful backstabbers to sony who made them most money. And partly it is sonys fualt for not pushing their first party devs to make mroe games for it and releasing it when the amrket was oversaturated with consoles (ps2 still evry much alive for instance). Fact is games like dq9 would look alot better on a psp than a ds.

Yeah, go cry your Great Betrayal river somewhere else, no one honestly gives a shit.

Also, the 100,000 preorders bit? Those aren't preorders. They're retailer orders. That means there'll be a shipment of 100,000 games in Japan.

Son of Godzilla said:
Ugh @ retarded chibi people. WTB real sequal to FFT.

You are intelligent enough to realize, surely, that FFT was itself populated by chibi people... who didn't even have noses. Right?

there is no reason squareenix cant make a new psp game by now, esp sicne their remake of a remake of a remake has already sold 100,000 in preorders, why cant squareenix already make a psp game? why havent they had one ready for launch? WHy dont they say amke fft 2 instead of just a port fo fftactics for the psp?

ethelred, read the article, it clearly says preorders dumbass. Fact is msot of u are just happy when sony doesnt realzie their expectations, and to the moron who in that thread wrote that square had the abcking of every third aprty, etc. is just wrong, square never backed the psp from the satrt and still doesnt despite good hardware sales and good rpg software sales in japan (disagea, monster hunter 1 + 2, now these preorders, are just some examples). And it didnt really have backing form konami or capcom either, capcom didnt make many new non port games for the psp at all (megaman, monster hunter, powerstone although good can be classified as remakes/ports in japan at least). And it took how long for konami to make a castlevania dn metal gear game for it? Who cares what the media said, what matters is what third party devs declared.

Top Bottom