• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 New Info/Teaser Page Open/Playable at Square Enix Party

ethelred

JoshuaJSlone said:
Even most of those people worked on FFTA in some capacity, though yeah, missing Itou is a pretty big difference.

Hiroyuki Ito: FFT Game Design, FFXII Game Design, FFTA -
Hitoshi Sakimoto: FFT Music, FFXII Music, FFTA Music
Hiroshi Minagawa: FFT Art Direction, FFXII Visual Design Supervisor, FFTA Artistic Supervisor
Akihiko Yoshida: FFT Character Design, FFXII Main Character Design, FFTA Additional Illustrator (The Judge)
Hideo Minaba: FFT Battle Maps, FF XII Art Direction, FFTA Design Work

I think surely you can see the differences in their contributions there, no? In FFT, Minagawa was the art director; he was the supervisor in FFXII, but he was also co-director of the game. In FFTA, he just supervised things -- the art direction was handled by other individuals.

Ito, who did game design on FFT and FFXII and co-directed FFXII, did nothing on FFTA. Yoshida, who did most of the character design for FFT and FFXII, did almost nothing for FFTA. Sakimoto had only limited contributions to FFTA. Minaba, again, had a hugely different degree in involvement between what was done in FFT/FFXII, and what he did in FFTA.

I'm just saying, there are major components to this team beyond Matsuno, and when you say that the FFTA team is a culmination of the FFT/FFXII teams, I don't really see that as remotely accurate. Some of them had limited supervisory roles, but they weren't the ones making that game.

FFTA is more distinguished by people like Murasawa and Ryoma Itoh, and these aren't the people responsible for FFT and FFXII.

Other than the main theme, which is credited to Nobuo Uematsu, Sakimoto is the only one credited in FFTA for "Music & Original Score".

That's doing a disservice to Kaori Ohkoshi and Ayako Saso, who composed a good portion of the FFTA soundtrack.

MoxManiac said:
I'm hoping those comments mean FFTA2 won't be a cakewalk like FFTA; easily my biggest complaint of that game, with slow ass speed being number 2.

Well, it's really not like FFT was a hard game, either.

Cedille

As for FFTA music, though most of battle themes (8 of 11?) were composed by Super Sweep, I still think Sakimoto could be called as the main composer. Plus, that's beside the point, but I personally suspect everything from the FFTA OST disc 2 were sequenced on Sakimoto's synthesizers/samplers since there is no difference in sample quality between Sakimoto's tracks and others', which we can easily find in Perfect Prince where Saso coworked with Sakimoto around the same time. However, picking at other's words is fruitless. Also, I know in such a game we end up hearing battle themes far longer than anything else. So, it's just a matter of impression.

Well, anyway, I wish Ryoma Ito were dismissed.

ethelred said:
That's doing a disservice to Kaori Ohkoshi and Ayako Saso, who composed a good portion of the FFTA soundtrack.
You're right, you're right. Placed a couple dozen places after Sakimoto and Uematsu in the credits, so I missed them earlier.

Cedille

070429.jpg

He is allegedly Cid.

FoxSpirit

jj984jj said:
From what was posted at Gamigo.de's key points of the full interview:

Story wise it seems they really want to tie the Ivalice Alliance to FFXII. I think with all the people I've asked about that interview I can be confident that at the very least the law system will be very different this time around so I've garnered some interest in the game. :lol I really want to see what they did to the job system though, aside from new jobs.

Link to the interview please?

Top Bottom