• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS) announced

farnham

Banned
イヴァリースの物語が続々と!

イヴァリースを舞台にしたゲームは今のところFF12RWが発表されてますが、

それはイヴァリースアライアンスと呼ばれる構想の一つなのだそうです。

第二弾としてはPSP向けに『FFT 獅子戦争』、

第三弾として『FFT A2 封穴のグリモア』が発表され、

獅子戦争にはたまねぎ剣士などの新ジョブが追加されるとのこと!

[ff13vids.jugem]

PSP gets a port of FFT (War of the lions)
DS or GBA gets the sequal to FFTA (Grimor of the phoenix blood or something)

Zeed

Banned
Looks like Sony and SE are still close after all. The DQ thing is just a numbered spinoff so that they can get more money to fund real games on Sony platforms, like this. I think I may have to buy two more PSPs to contain all the awesome coming its way.

No Matsuno, no guarentee that his buddies are all on the project; I remain guarded. Very guarded. Now a FFT remake? Get Alexander O. Smith on the line STAT. :D

ethelred

Duderz said:
What is the best Ogre Battle game, and how can I get it?

(And...is it better than Fire Emblem?)

I'm tired of reading about how awesome this series is, when the only one I played was OB64.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is the best SRPG ever made.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
farnham said:
from what i hear

the FFT port is 100% surely PSP

the FFTA sequal.. not sure if its GBA or DS... or even PSP..????
Wait. Isn't your source the same as duckroll?

CoolTrick

Banned
pspwned.jpg

:lol

Ra\/en

You know.. I think i would almost rather get a port of FFT then a new FFTA game...

Not enough for me to buy a PSP though.. i still have my PS1 and My copy of FFT lying around...

I hope they dont screw up FFTA2. Convince me Square-enix! convince me!

farnham

Banned
davepoobond said:
why would FFTA be on anything but GBA?

it is not specified which hardware...

you could say..

OMG FFTport is comming to PSP.. that A2 will come to PSP too!
Nah its gonna be the DS.. FFTA was on GBA and most of its fanbase moved over to the DS.. look at SE support now
Oh teh noes.. the name is A2.. it is advance 2... ergo on GBA

B.K.

SatelliteOfLove said:
Get Alexander O. Smith on the line STAT. :D

That would be nice, but IF they get to release it in America, they'll probably use the PSX translation like with Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. Which is a same. Tactics really needs a new translation.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
farnham said:
pretty much
So it's still not confirmed by S-E or something, is that why we can't find out the platform for FFTA2?

Jonnyram said:
FFT port gets Onion Knight, it seems.
Wonder what the other jobs are.
:lol I'm sure PSP fans are jumping for joy for the original FFIII class.

farnham

Banned
Deku said:
Well S-E could contract Matsuno to oversee the game design if the possibility is open. If not then too bad.

Matsuno left SE no..? wasnt he at the Wii conference...?? i mean at Nintendos side or something..?

Jonnyram said:
FFT port gets Onion Knight, it seems.
Wonder what the other jobs are.

Hopefully, there's some more along the lines of Geomancer. I liked that job. You could equip powerful equipment, had nice ranged spells(depending on what terrain you were on), and was very powerful with other 2nd abilities

ethelred

Duderz said:
I see Tactics Ogre for PlayStation on eBay for $75.

Is this the same as "Let Us Cling Together"?

Yep! That's the one.

I know it's expensive, but hey, you asked. :p

davepoobond said:
why would FFTA be on anything but GBA?

Why would Advance Wars: Dual Strike be on anything but GBA?

I don't think SE is developing any new GBA games, they're just doing ports now. A new game, especially one this major, will be DS.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
trancejeremy said:
If that's true, then Konami has terrible lawyers. If anyone has the rights to the name "Alucard", it would be Universal Pictures, from their 1940s movie "Son of Dracula". And beyond that, I really doubt a public domain character's name spelled backwards is even copyrightable.

Obviously you didn't read very carefully, Universal did indeed own the copyright and Mr. Lucard's grandfather purchased it for his use.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ethelred said:
Yep! That's the one.

I know it's expensive, but hey, you asked. :p

Why would Advance Wars: Dual Strike be on anything but GBA?

I don't think SE is developing any new GBA games, they're just doing ports now. A new game, especially one this major, will be DS.

cause Advance Wars isn't exactly called Advance Wars in Japan, iirc...or maybe i'm just ****in wrong. i dont give a shit.

square, wtf are you doing to me, i buy your products why do you do this to me whyyy

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Zyid said:
Looks like Sony and SE are still close after all. The DQ thing is just a numbered spinoff so that they can get more money to fund real games on Sony platforms, like this. I think I may have to buy two more PSPs to contain all the awesome coming its way.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

Duderz

Banned
Well, those of you who have played the game, can you tell me a little about it? I haven't played any SRPG in full besides Fire Emblem, which I LOVE, so going off that, what should I expect?

Is the game worth ~$80?

farnham

Banned
Zyid said:
intelligent post.. since FFT was on PS one....

Final Fantasy Tactics could easily just go to PSN...but than again it doesn't leave them much of a chance to charge more than $15 for a PSP version if it did.

Can't fight the monies!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the Dragon Quest news was to Japan today, the FFT news is to me. FFT PORT! NEW GAMES! Hopefully they're not shitty like Tactics Advance and more like one of my personal faves of all time, Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1. Thanks you Squaresoft!!! :D

CAN.NOT.WAIT.

mikekennyb said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the Dragon Quest news was to Japan today, the FFT news is to me. FFT PORT! NEW GAMES! Hopefully they're not shitty like Tactics Advance and more like one of my personal faves of all time, Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1. Thanks you Squaresoft!!! :D

CAN.NOT.WAIT.

Are you serious?

Zeed

Banned
farnham said:
intelligent post.. since FFT was on PS one....
Intelligent post...since the game they're talking about here is FFTA. The A stands for Advance, by the way. As in, Gameboy Advance. You know, a Nintendo system.

All of the games that were formerly Nintendo exclusives - Riviera, and now this - are going to PSP. It only makes sense really, since the PSP is basically the real successor to the GBA.

Remember FF Crystal Chronicles? People were making a big deal about how Nintendo and SE were back together, and look how that turned out. DQIX will be the same way.

Spinoffs go to the DS, real games to the PSP.

farnham

Banned
Zyid said:
Intelligent post...since the game they're talking about here is FFTA. The A stands for Advance, by the way. As in, Gameboy Advance. You know, a Nintendo system.

All of the games that were formerly Nintendo exclusives - Riviera, and now this - are going to PSP. It only makes sense really, since the PSP is basically the real successor to the GBA.
really..? news to me...:lol

Top Bottom