• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When is Final Fantasy Tactics Coming to Steam?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Square Enix has been putting most of their games on Steam now, both old and new. Whether it’s their MMO FF14, their newer titles, or the classics, they’ve got you covered. However, there’s one notable title from their ps1 catalog that is curiously absent - Final Fantasy Tactics. It’s one of my favorite games in the entire franchise and imho could have been a numbered entry if they wanted. Yet FF7-9 have been on Steam for ages but Tactics isn’t there.

In fact, the only ports Tactics has ever received to my knowledge was the War of the Lions edition on PSP and mobile.

Do you think they will bring this forgotten classic to Steam any time soon? It feels like east money left on the table imho… unless they plan on doing a modern remaster instead? Thoughts?

begotten

I hope not too soon, this couple of month is busy as fuck.

I still haven't finished up Tactics Ogre, Octopath 2, or P3P and P4G.
Trails to Azure...
FF16 soon.
Suikoden 1 & 2 on the way.
Eiyuden 100 Heroes on the way.
Sea of Stars.
FF1-6 just dropped on consoles.

Tactics on top of all that is too much for me lol.

Trails to Azure...
FF16 soon.
Sea of Stars.

Tactics Ogre was a 8/10 for me and Octopath 2 was a 9/10 second favorite game this year. Waiting on XVI also. Playing through FF IV pixel remaster and Resident Evil 4 remake at the moment.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Trails to Azure...
FF16 soon.
Sea of Stars.

I had to cancel my pr-order for Advance War because Monolith Soft decided to shadow drop Xenoblade 3 story DLC and i need able to finish that game before Tears of Kingdom drops and month after that FFXVI.

I'm close to finishing Octopath 2 (Loving that game) and still long way to go with Atelier Ryza 3 and haven't even started Grimgrimoire yet......FUCK ME!

Last edited:
Top Bottom