• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Coming To PC/Steam - More gfx options, better camera, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

epmode

The actual game itself runs fine on Standard, but every single pre-rendered cutscene seems to run like butt. Any chance someone knows what's causing this?

Someone else posted that G-Sync and monitors with refresh rates over 60 seem to cause problems with cutscenes. Try disabling G-Sync and forcing the refresh rate to 60.

BONKERS

This is what FMV audio sounds like for me.
https://copy.com/yxPydE9QwAKqYAQL
I can run 1080p windowed, but not fullscreen. But the window itself isn't actually 1080p. It's some smaller than 768p native, but the performance is like running at 1080p.
W/highest AA on.
fftype0hd20150818202.png

8fftype0hd20150818202.png

This is with a 980 btw.
I get the same problem on my 900p monitor. 1080p isn't allowed. So it falls back to 720p.

Toth

This is what FMV audio sounds like for me.
https://copy.com/yxPydE9QwAKqYAQL
I can run 1080p windowed, but not fullscreen. But the window itself isn't actually 1080p. It's some smaller than 768p native, but the performance is like running at 1080p.
W/highest AA on.
fftype0hd20150818202.png

8fftype0hd20150818202.png

This is with a 980 btw.
I get the same problem on my 900p monitor. 1080p isn't allowed. So it falls back to 720p.

Oh man, this reminded me. One big problem of the game is the sudden, jarring transition from the PSP FMV to the new, crisper HD graphics. Especially at that screenshot.

BONKERS

If your monitor res is below 1080p it will lock it down to 720p.

Not true actually, I just tried again and 1080p is now working just fine on my 1600x900 monitor in full screen. There is still a fuck ton tearing though. Forcing Vsync still doesn't seem to work.
a0fftype0hd20150818203.png

The audio isn't garbled on my other sound setup too. (I have audio going from SPDIF out to another room that is run through a DAC to an amplifier. Though if the problem was on the output side I wouldn't be able to capture the audio problem from within windows right?. EX to record the audio clip above, I had to set my playback device back to the analog L/R out. But when I actually USE that output in my other room on my 1600x900 monitor, no audio problems. Dedicated sound card too)

WHAT:?

Caffeine

It must depend on monitor because i have a 1600x900 second monitor and it forces 720p
the only way 1080p works is if i force that res through nvidia control panel.

but i just play on my first monitor which is 1080p.

not sure about your audio though.

BONKERS

Yeah, all I had to do was create a 1080p custom resolution on that monitor and it worked again.

My 768p set on the other hand, accepts a 1080p signal just fine from any device. Creating a custom resolution or even setting it as my desktop res doesn't work. Launcher gives me an error

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
Someone else posted that G-Sync and monitors with refresh rates over 60 seem to cause problems with cutscenes. Try disabling G-Sync and forcing the refresh rate to 60.

How exactly do I do this? I'm looking through AMD Catalyst Control Center right now, but I can't seem to find the options for it.

BONKERS

Wow, so it was hexadrive themselves that ported this. I didn't expect them blog about it. Hopefully they're paying attention to the complaints out there - and the complaints are being passed on to them in the first place.

I hope so, because with the myriad problems I am having. Refund is incoming.
Shutupandgivemebackm.jpg

Patches took 3+ months for the console version. What makes you think SE gives a fuck enough to do so for the PC Version? let alone in a timely manner

Corpekata

Banned
How exactly do I do this? I'm looking through AMD Catalyst Control Center right now, but I can't seem to find the options for it.

On Nvidia here so most of my options are Nvidia specific. You can create custom resolutions and select your refresh rate there, for instance, in Nvidia CP so I imagine there's one in AMD.

Personally my monitor has a dedicated refresh rate toggle button so that's all I have to use.

It might not be your issue though, as Gsync is a Nvidia thing. My high refresh rate issue was that vocals were desynced and it looked like they were in a bad Godzilla movie. The actual low framerate (and thus audio crackling) was fixed by disabling Gsync.

Weird, my TV isn't saying the game is displaying in 4K mode anymore. Just 1080P now, even with highest AA setting.

Edit: Definitely not outputting at 4K anymore, super strange!

The Finest Brew

Neo Member
On Nvidia here so most of my options are Nvidia specific. You can create custom resolutions and select your refresh rate there, for instance, in Nvidia CP so I imagine there's one in AMD.

Personally my monitor has a dedicated refresh rate toggle button so that's all I have to use.

It might not be your issue though, as Gsync is a Nvidia thing. My high refresh rate issue was that vocals were desynced and it looked like they were in a bad Godzilla movie. The actual low framerate (and thus audio crackling) was fixed by disabling Gsync.

Yeah, my refresh rate is already at 60 according to both Windows and AMD. Is there an AMD equivalent to GSync I can try disabling, maybe?

Crevox

The super speed option seems really weird.

It makes you run really fast, which is nice for travel purposes, but even in battle you run really really fast. It also speeds up your dodging.

Feels really awkward, almost like cheating/breaking the game. I don't really understand this option or what its intent was. Supposedly it wasn't in console version?

BONKERS

Guys, cap your framerate at 30fps with Rivatuner (or some other program). That'll hopefully fix any issues you have with the FMV's

I tried this. Didn't work. And likewise, RTSS OSD reports the game running at 30FPS anyway even in FMVs.

Even trying to set a 30FPS cap and force 1/2 refresh rate vsync doesn't work.

353.62 drivers on my 980 here.

I put in for a refund. This is a huge waste of money as it is for 30$. If they patch it and fix the problems. I doubt it, I will re buy it.

I was really looking forward to this one, but it sounds like I'd be better off with the console versions. Not jumping to grab it on any platform just yet, so I hope they get some patches out.

MaLDo

The super speed option seems really weird.

It makes you run really fast, which is nice for travel purposes, but even in battle you run really really fast. It also speeds up your dodging.

Feels really awkward, almost like cheating/breaking the game. I don't really understand this option or what its intent was. Supposedly it wasn't in console version?

Wait a mintute. Are you saying this game has a variable speed factor that speeds up every aspect of the game BUT they can't jump around the framerate lock??!!!

Mmmmmn.... Is this real world??? Hexapeople, force 60 fps and set that variable to 1/2. Profit.

Caffeine

Wait a mintute. Are you saying this game has a variable speed factor that speeds up every aspect of the game BUT they can't jump around the framerate lock??!!!

Mmmmmn.... Is this real world??? Hexapeople, force 60 fps and set that variable to 1/2. Profit.

yes lol every aspect of your characters x2 and x3 speed.

BONKERS

I legit have no idea what I'm doing with this program, and I can't seem to find any version that's been made beyond 2009.

He should mean Riva Tuner Statistics Server that comes with MSI Afterburner
http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

60FPS didn't seem to be impossible either given Hexadrive's comment about in their slideshow. Just more work it seemed like. And your comment makes sense too considering people can do that in various emulators these days. Including PPSSPP http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=4799&pid=107104#pid107104
Oh and hey look there is a 60FPS patch for Type-0 on this list http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=15223

It seemed the running trend was the leftover stuff ( Leftover textures, PSP Models) were because of a lack of time, but what stopped them for this? I think it was because SE supplied the new models. (/eyeroll).
http://hexadrive.jp/lab/case/1573/ Page 50
...Forcing VSync fixed the issue. Well then.

How are you forcing Vsync?? I couldn't get it to work at all on 2 different monitors.

I legit have no idea what I'm doing with this program, and I can't seem to find any version that's been made beyond 2009.

Download the most recent version of MSI Afterburner. Both are installed during the installation process. Rivatuner is the blue window icon in your system tray, starts automatically with MSI afterburner.

Click the framerate limit box and type in the desired fps.
30=30fps
0=off

I tried this. Didn't work. And likewise, RTSS OSD reports the game running at 30FPS anyway even in FMVs.

Weird. Mine has the cutscenes encoding at 60fps (visually, it looks 30). I do have a 120hz monitor. Fixed my desync issue by locking.

Nope. Running/character speed only.

Ok new general tip time!

Set your game to windowed in the launcher.
Download Borderless Fullscreen. Run.
Run game. Add game to the right list using the arrow while the game is active.

Should eliminate tearing & run at 1080p (if that is your desktop rez).

Astarte

Well, this game's running at a "silky smooth" 30 fps with no drops.

Holy shit is this what Vita owners were asking for? Good god what an awful first experience. This dub is hilariously bad, the graphics are lol...jesus christ

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Since SE thought this was good enough to release, I suspect they may not feel bothered about fixing it. Probably gave Hexadrive a minimal checklist and paid them the bare minimum to get them to achieve it.

Not sure I can refund since I got the game through GMG. But if a lot of people are refunding hopefully SE gets the right message and not "I guess people don't want these games on PC."

BONKERS

Weird. Mine has the cutscenes encoding at 60fps (visually, it looks 30). I do have a 120hz monitor.
That's strange. Seriously. *Sigh*.
Well, this game's running at a "silky smooth" 30 fps with no drops.

Holy shit is this what Vita owners were asking for? Good god what an awful first experience. This dub is hilariously bad, the graphics are lol...jesus christ

The dub is really good IMO. But the option for Japanese is there too. Most of my testing was with Japanese set on, though I did test both to see if it was just the Japanese having a problem and it wasn't

But I don't play DOTA. I just wanted to trade this stuff :(

You don't get to have it both ways, chief. You can't trade/sell the items during the two-week refund window. This is how Valve is dealing with people attempting to sell the items then get a refund immediately afterwards.

Astarte

The dub is really good IMO. But the option for Japanese is there too. Most of my testing was with Japanese set on, though I did test both to see if it was just the Japanese having a problem and it wasn't

I usually stick with the dub for a few hours to let it sit with me. Several of the characters are giving off terrible vibes, like that one woman who Speaks in. Chopped. Sentences.

Caffeine

I hope someone will translate the hexadrive blog post about the release of Type-0 on Steam.

just google translating some

"And high-quality anti-aliasing
This time, in addition to the existing anti-aliasing "full-scene anti-aliasing" has been added to adapt the procedure.
It is a high-quality version of the internal resolution 2880 × 1620 , in the highest quality version of the 3840 × 2160 in
To 1920 × 1080 to render it is super-sampling.
amount of information is increased for temporal antialiasing also treated with the same internal resolution"

Despite hyperbole it's not a bad port, but it's not good either. Let's just hope hexadrive fixes the small issues that people blow up.

Frame rate was only the big major one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom