• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type 0 Official Website opens

Phenomic

The Praiseworthy said:
I think this will be THE GAME that push the PSP powers to the limits and will be remembered years and years to come for this.

As long as the story and characters are not completely terrible, so yes I will agree to that. Game definitely has visuals to be the stand out game that defined the PSP.

On a side note I guess they haven't uploaded BGM Tracks 2 and 3. Or has anyone had those play for them?

Blizrad

Neo Member
Thanks everyone for the images, renders and music, they look and sound awesome. I'm very impressed by Ishimoto's work!

As for the release date, I'm worried because we haven't heard anything about a Western version. On the other hand, Square Enix might be secretly localizing it at the moment and it might get a surprise NA release date pinned down at E3.

DaBuddaDa

Blizrad said:
As for the release date, I'm worried because we haven't heard anything about a Western version. On the other hand, Square Enix might be secretly localizing it at the moment and it might get a surprise NA release date pinned down at E3.
I agree, I'm predicting a FFXIII-2 and Type-0 western release date announcement at this E3. Ideally I'd like to see Type-0 come out this holiday, and XIII-2 Feb/Mar 2012.

Pooya

DaBuddaDa said:
I agree, I'm predicting a FFXIII-2 and Type-0 western release date announcement at this E3. Ideally I'd like to see Type-0 come out this holiday, and XIII-2 Feb/Mar 2012.
They've already said XIII-2 will be released overseas in Winter, they haven't even announced this yet.

Kyoufu said:
Please be on PSN, please be on PSN, please be on PSN...

Yes, if only for being able to then play on NGP with it's glorious OLED screen...

I'd actually prefer them to just release at NGP launch so that this would then have Trophies as well.

Phenomic

MechaX said:
Before I start to get excited about Type-0, do we know who is the Writer for the game yet?

From the FF Wiki.

"Director & Scenario Writer: Hajime Tabata"

That and everyone on the first page has been talking about him doing it pretty much.

He's pretty much the reason I have faith in this game. Crisis Core might have not had the best game-play but that ending.... so good.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Phenomic said:
From the FF Wiki.

"Director & Scenario Writer: Hajime Tabata"

That and everyone on the first page has been talking about him doing it pretty much.

He's pretty much the reason I have faith in this game. Crisis Core might have not had the best game-play but that ending.... so good.
Nojima wrote the story to Crisis Core, not Tabata.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tabata wasn't kidding about the visuals. Looks really amazing for PSP and I can't wait to import whenever they get around to announcing a release date, which is hopefully soon.

Wish there was an english version of the site, would love a translation to be able to read more about it. Otherwise, looks like a fucking awesome FF game. Unusually harsh setting.

duckroll

Winterblink said:
Wish there was an english version of the site, would love a translation to be able to read more about it. Otherwise, looks like a fucking awesome FF game. Unusually harsh setting.

Interestingly enough, this game has actually never been announced for an English release. It still hasn't.

squall211

Since the PSP is dead in the west anyway, would it make any sense for Sony to ask square to upscale the game and release as a launch NGP title in the West?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
Interestingly enough, this game has actually never been announced for an English release. It still hasn't.

Western S-E branches dragging their feet, but interestingly enough they do have Type-0 stuff on the NA press site that went up after the January conference. Just the logos though...

Good things come to those who wait. This looks incredible.

I kind of feel bad that this was the one of the three FNC games that I was looking forward to the least. Shame on me.

duckroll

sublimit said:
So,are the characters designed by Nomura?It looks like they have his signature all over them...

Yes? Nomura designs the characters for pretty much every major FF game. Especially since he's also creative producer on this project.

Kyoufu

Galvanise_ said:
Good things come to those who wait. This looks incredible.

I kind of feel bad that this was the one of the three FNC games that I was looking forward to the least. Shame on me.

Well, none of us could predict the massive disappointment that was FFXIII.

I wonder though, won't they rename Versus (I hope not) too?

Kyoufu said:
I wonder though, won't they rename Versus (I hope not) too?

I'm not entirely sure why it was called Versus to begin with. Type 0 is the beginning of a new series though isn't it? Sort of like the portable line of Final Fantasy games. So while we'll get:

FFXV, FFXVI for home consoles

We'll get:

FF Type 0, Type 1 etc for handhelds.

At least that's what I thought was going to happen.

sublimit

Banned
DaBuddaDa said:
Did the exorbitant amount of unnecessary belts not tip you off?

They did but still i wanted to be sure.
Nomura is a hit or miss with me...i love some of his designs while some others (like these ones) i think are very generic and cliche.The Japanese equivalent of bald space marines if you like.

DaBuddaDa

sublimit said:
They did but still i wanted to be sure.
Nomura is a hit or miss with me...i love some of his designs while some others (like these ones) i think are very generic and cliche.The Japanese equivalent of bald space marines if you like.
I like the Tonberry guy, but the other three I agree are typical looking, lazy Nomura teenagers.

duckroll said:
He doesn't, since there is no main character.

I admit, among the 4 character revealed, the card guy do have the look of a main character. as in, he's the least cool looking, but have unique weapon that make him stand out.

as cool as the spear guy looks, he has the 'cocky side character' vibe to him. and the tonberry guy looks like your typical 'older, mentor' guy. (btw, is he the teacher? not wearing student uniform and just have that authoritative vibe to him)

oh, and I like the guy in OP art, the one who stand like a boss. have that head student look to him.

adhoclia

Neo Member
Callibretto said:
as cool as the spear guy looks, he has the 'cocky side character' vibe to him. and the tonberry guy looks like your typical 'older, mentor' guy. (btw, is he the teacher? not wearing student uniform and just have that authoritative vibe to him)

If I'm not mistaken, spear guy is voiced by same guy who voiced Snow. Why yes he is the cocky side character.

li bur

Why does all those screen seems like screaming ff8 too me.
The graphic and game play seems very nice, but I really really hate ff8.

Aru

So Tabata is the director AND writer of Type-0 ? I have faith in him for the gameplay (Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday were fun) but I don't know what to expect of him for the story. I'm on a media blackout for this game, so I won't know until I play the game :p

People seem to hate Motomu Toriyama's writing, so they are relieved he isn't writing the story for Type-0 ? FFXIII and T3B's stories were flawed but weren't as bad as Nojima's worst stories IMO (FFVIII, FFX-2).

duckroll said:

I like those odds.

Aru said:
So Tabata is the director AND writer of Type-0 ? I have faith in him for the gameplay (Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday were fun) but I don't know what to expect of him for the story. I'm on a media blackout for this game, so I won't know until I play the game :p

People seem to hate Motomu Toriyama's writing, so they are relieved he isn't writing the story for Type-0 ? FFXIII and T3B's stories were flawed but weren't as bad as Nojima's worst stories IMO (FFVIII, FFX-2).

As if not being as bad plot-wise as FF8 is some sort of accomplishment? :p

DaBuddaDa

Pureauthor said:
He already has a better resume almost every other SE writer.
I've liked the stuff Kitase had a direct hand in writing (FF6, FF7), and I'm not sure if Matsuno ever did much writing but the games he has directed have always had good writing compared to other SE games.

Jerk

Banned
I really hope that this game does not suck.

My heart cannot handle playing another shitty SE game.

Fimbulvetr said:
I like those odds.

Me too. It looks like Watanabe is not anywhere near this game.

Good.

Mrbob

I had no idea what this is when I hopped into the thread.

This might be going to the list of PSP games I buy when I get my PSP2. Please come to PSN.

DaBuddaDa said:
I've liked the stuff Kitase had a direct hand in writing (FF6, FF7), and I'm not sure if Matsuno ever did much writing but the games he has directed have always had good writing compared to other SE games.

For the Ogre Battle games and Ivalice games he worked on, Matsuno was usually: Director, Lead Writer, and Lead Game Designer.

Top Bottom