• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type 0 Official Website opens

Kyoufu said:
I hope they re-release that some day, I am itching to play it again.
I'm playing through the game right now, interestingly enough.

I never beat it back in the day. The final dungeon/chapter is killing me right now. I breezed through the entire game, even grinded unnecessarily often....and this final chapter has a boss that just DESTROYS me.

Rpgmonkey

Think this and DQIX are the only handheld games where I've had to wait such a crazy amount of time...

I'll give it credit for being the only FF game recently that's capturing my interest however, pretty hyped for this. :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
onQ123 said:
and people wonder why PSP is selling so good in japan?

it's maybe the best RPG console / handheld of all times
Nope. The other one is.

But the PSP does have an awesome line-up of RPGs too.

Go_Ly_Dow

Cwarrior said:
what is it going to tell me?

is going to say "sorry am stuck in development hell"

Well at least the new trailer confirms it's an actual game and not just a series of screencaps from a CGI video!

love the Naora art direction. I really missed him in FFXII & FFXIII (although both still had awesome art direction).

Hopefully this will boost him back up to FFXV or FFXVI. :)

entremet

As much flax as SE has gotten with their console software, their portable offerings have been fantastic.

This looks like another winner.

expy

Banned
Needs to be on PSN and compatible with NGP...

Grab 2 NGPs... 2 Type-0s... One for me, one for my friend..
Good to go!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
Naora was the art director for FF7, 8, 10. He also was the art producer for The Last Remnant.
No wonder I like it so much.

This game needs more attention from the masses. I'm loving everything I've seen so far. My FF-loving friends don't seem enthused about it, though. How unfortunate. :(

0 HP

those characters look pretty bad design-wise. usually in FF games they look alright and you don't wind up hating them until you actually play the game, but i can tell already that these are going to suck

jaxword

0 HP said:
those characters look pretty bad design-wise. usually in FF games they look alright and you don't wind up hating them until you actually play the game, but i can tell already that these are going to suck

How so? They look like Final Fantasy versions of school uniforms. Nothing particularly hateable there.

Go_Ly_Dow

Callibretto said:
this isn't a co-op game right? I thought it's strictly single player

There are co-op elements in the battles but under time constrictions. We're still awaiting more information.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
M_Night said:
There are co-op elements in the battles but under time constrictions. We're still awaiting more information.
Yeah they kept the co-op system from when it was a cellphone game.

Back then it made a lot of sense to only have five minute co-op battles where you had to achieve certain things to continue since that was about as long as you were going to play a cellphone game anyway, and it added a bit of tension.

Once it became a PSP title, they probably should have dropped that though, but I think they decided they were too far along in development.

Perhaps Type-1.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Damnit fuck, the only FF game since FFXII that looks like an actually FF games and looks great and I want to play it but I don't have a PSP:(

Love the environments. I guess they are going for a Harry Potter-ish feel with the school kids and all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ether_Snake said:
Damnit fuck, the only FF game since FFXII that looks like an actually FF games and looks great and I want to play it but I don't have a PSP:(

Love the environments. I guess they are going for a Harry Potter-ish feel with the school kids and all.
I'm going to guess that their inspiration is actually popular anime instead of Harry Potter given that this is Square Enix and all.

Pooya

Nirolak said:
I'm going to guess that their inspiration is actually popular anime instead of Harry Potter given that this is Square Enix and all.
well, Naruto = Harry Potter, more or less >_>

Clott

Aeana said:
Naora was the art director for FF7, 8, 10. He also was the art producer for The Last Remnant.
Great, now what we need is a story with adults as the vocal point. Going through FFXIII right now and I don't want to hear anymore children speak for a while. I just want a more mature tone, and mature does not mean more breasts and blood, I just want the story to give my intelligence some credit for a change.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nirolak said:

Kids attending magic school wearing Scottish kilts, yeah I don't know.

Jeels

This game is looking amazing. Will be a very fitting last title for my PSP. :) Most hyped Final Fantasy title right now.

Zen

Banned
I'm very much looking forward to this game. So is it confirmed that will we just be playing as one of the 4 factions in this conflict? Or rather the story will be centered around one of them, for this game at least.

Zen said:
I'm very much looking forward to this game. So is it confirmed that will we just be playing as one of the 4 factions in this conflict? Or rather the story will be centered around one of them, for this game at least.

You will be playing as a group of 12(maybe 14) Suzaku Cadets, meaning you are on Rubrum's side.

Top Bottom