• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement was worth it just for the reactions :lol Legitimately one of the best trolls ever.

Wonder what that means for PS1 emulation on PS4, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would Sony even allow that announcement on stage?

Why even bring up FF7 in that way ever?

AWFUL.

Hey, on the bright side you'll later get a FF8 PS4 port from the same code-base the PS4 FF7 version is getting.

Achievements in both for Playstation after Steam/PC had them for a year. lmao.

ZYFaZu4.gif

MrBS

Should have said port in your first breath when announcing that.

Worth it for the troll though. My heart skipped a beat, it was actually happening then it was just a port. Amazing.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Let's be honest, guys. You don't want FFVII remade in current gen technology. They wouldn't be able to capture the zany moments of that game, especially if they follow the Advent Children art style.

Really glad this isn't getting a remake personally. Even back when the game came out I thought it was severely overrated. FF9 is easily the best game in the series in my opinion, I'd want a remake of that more than anything else from the PS1 era. At least this being a port job means they have more staff focusing on making the new FF games actually GOOD this time.

Ponn

Banned
You know really i couldnt help but laugh though. Masterful trolling SE. If you cant be the company you used to be at least be funny trolls.

Xpliskin

You don't do that, seriously.

Who does that ?

This is rage-inducing lol

EDIT:

Mods won't even change the thread title ?

MrDaravon

I'm still seriously mindfucked. I can't decide if this was intentional or not. This has to be the biggest troll announcement OF ALL TIME right? Like, I enjoy FF7 fine but I'm not super crazy about it or anything like some people, but even I would have lost my shit if they had shown an HD remake of it. What the fuck.

Jarmel

Banned
Let's be honest, guys. You don't want FFVII remade in current gen technology. They wouldn't be able to capture the zany moments of that game, especially if they follow the Advent Children art style.

My mind doesn't want a FFVII remake by the current Square Enix but my heart disagrees.
:(

Hasney

It wasn't a troll guys. A troll would imply that someone at SquareEnix had any fucking idea what people actually want.

I am labeling this conference as the worst ever as a result of that moment. The way he brought the game up...the placement within the presentation, the broken English.

That is the worst moment I have ever seen in a games conference. A PR would have sufficed.

artsi

If they don't come up with a "just kidding, here's the REAL one" next up I'll die.

Seriously, fuck this.

Man, fuck this. Square Enix gonna Out Of Touch As Fuck. As usual.

A trailer for a single 'PSX Classic's' compatibility with PS4. Unbelievable.

It'll be even better if it's a standalone purchase and not the PSX Classic digital version I've owned for ten fucking years now

hwy_61

Banned
I hope I don't come off as a jerk, but why on earth didn't Hashimoto have a translator with him? I barely understood half of what he said.

Do it like Ono did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom