• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth has leaked: Beware of spoilers from now on

Draugoth

Gold Member
rebirth-story-1-IZLd81x9l.jpg

Physical and Deluxe Edition of FFVII Rebirth are in the wild

Some of the spoilers below:

Last edited:
Appreciate the heads up! This is one game in particular I'd like to avoid spoilers, just because if Remake is any indication, we actually have no idea what plot-wildness is in store.

Beware of youtube in particular. Although you may plan to check your feed and filter videos so that you can watch the ones that don't have spoilers assholes will straight up just put spoiler images in their thumbnails

These are always the worst and hardest to avoid.

The youtube accounts in particular that post "ALL BOSSES AND FINAL BOSS (AND TRUE FINAL BOSS, JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THAT)" videos, with the finale fight right there massive in the center, annoy me to no end.

Some people say "Well, spoilers like that shouldn't ruin the experience anyway, it's about the journey"
...but I disagree, to quite an extent. It may not ruin the entire experience, but if somebody tells me X character dies in some piece of media, then of course I'm very much going to spend the whole time waiting for and expecting that moment. Likewise, literally just an image of a boss/final boss can have huge story implications- and yeah I personally tend to feel a bit robbed.

Not everybody thinks that way, and the impact isn't equal across every tv show/film/game, but I would like if people overall had a bit more courtest/consideration for others when it comes to this topic.

Last edited:

begotten

Hard to feel excited for this game based on what I head.

Don't think this is spoiler unless you were under the illusion Rebirth was going to be this amazing step-up of a video game, but supposedly similar to Remake, Rebirth has lots of padding and slow sections despite the open world. Good plot stuff starts happening near the end.

Makes sense why people were saying the game is nearly 100 hours long or some shit. It's mostly filled with nonsense. Will impact reviews.

Last edited:

saintjules

Beware of youtube in particular. Although you may plan to check your feed and filter videos so that you can watch the ones that don't have spoilers assholes will straight up just put spoiler images in their thumbnails

It's gonna be hard to evade all of that without one of those web extension plugins. And it's not just leading up to release but the days and weeks after until you beat the game.

sigmaZ

Hard to feel excited for this game based on what I head.

Don't think this is spoiler unless you were under the illusion Rebirth was going to be this amazing step-up of a video game, but supposedly similar to Remake, Rebirth has lots of padding and slow sections despite the open world. Good plot stuff starts happening near the end.

Makes sense why people were saying the game is nearly 100 hours long or some shit. It's mostly filled with nonsense. Will impact reviews.
I would expect nothing less than the team working on it. The demo didn't really get me that hyped. There were improvements over the first especially with movement but it felt awkwardly implemented for a game coming out in 2024. At this point, I'll probably just wait for the PC version.

zokie

while i was on discord , there were some blood pressure raising toxic comments that " you search for FFVII on youtube , of course you will be spoiled "
To me , why must i torture myself not to use youtube , i will just use that " Not Interested " or " Do not recommend " option
If some youtube thumbnail spoils me , i will report to the ninjas

Last edited:
Top Bottom