• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth New Trailer Revealed, Coming in Early 2024 on 2 Discs | Summer Game Fest 2023

CODh7zd.gif

john2gr

I noticed that too but if that prevents you from enjoying the game....I don't know what to say....quit gaming?

Jokes aside, it did look weird but it's a minor issue.

Personally, I'll wait for the inevitable PC version. And I'll sure as hell enjoy it. Just pointing out that this doesn't look anything better than Spider-Man 2, so let's be realistic about its graphics. Not that it will be a bad game :p

The first one didn’t really have many cgi. I think only the opening and the ending has cgi. Maybe when the pizza slice fell and that was it?
The first game had 6 CG cutscenes. Opening, Reactor Explosion, Sector 7 fall, Shinra Theater showcase, Sephiroth final battle, ending. 7 if you include Intergrade’s 8-minute-long extended ending.

It makes sense considering the fact that the Midgar section of the original wasn’t CG heavy, either. In fact, the only two scenes in the original that were “full CG cutscenes” (aka, with realistically proportioned character models) was the opening and the motorcycle chase.

So Rebirth will surely have more. There were already 2 shown in this trailer.

Last edited:

Aenima

Hype. Love to see the familiar zones being recreated in modern graphics. But hope the story advances much more than what is shown on the trailer. If Gold Sauser is not in this game, they might drag the story through 4 or 5 games.

• LOL
Reactions: K2D

Fbh

Looks nice, I love how big the environments look. That instantly solves one of my biggest issues with the first one.
Also those combination attacks look awesome.

2 discs on a ps5 in 2024. Jesus christ square enix

But 2 discs is good news?
It just means it's going to be over 100gb like several other current games. Except they are actually going to give you the entire game in physical format instead of filling up a disc and making you download the rest like Jedi Survivor.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Instead of taking the time to render them in real time on the hardware. It drastically cuts down on the file size.
Some things are unpractical in real time. Like carnage and destruction. Showing extreme display of the elements. Supernova™ limit break, lol

Edit: anyway.. only about 5 percent of remake was pre rendered cut scenes

Last edited:
I will always be hype for FFVII and this is no exception. looks good overall for me and I'm definitely down for it.

one thing does come to mind thou. the whole VII remake series is going to be 3 parts right? I seem to remember it is at least. but in any case, that means we would eventually get a definitive/complete edition, knowing how SE works. does that mean they'll just put everything in just a 1TB SSD and sell that? 😂

TheAssist

Hype. Love to see the familiar zones being recreated in modern graphics. But hope the story advances much more than what is shown on the trailer. If Gold Sauser is not in this game, they might drag the story through 4 or 5 games.
Nah they already comfirmed 3 Games.

This is one is probably going to end either after city of the ancients (after aerith's death, you cant really stop before it, wouldnt make any narrative sense, you cant kill her of at the beginning of the game, it would totally destroy the emotional impact) or after the northern crater (then you'll see meteor being summoned in the final cutscene).

• Triggered
Reactions: K2D

mortal

Gold Member
The first game had 6 CG cutscenes. Opening, Reactor Explosion, Sector 7 fall, Shinra Theater showcase, Sephiroth final battle, ending. 7 if you include Intergrade’s 8-minute-long extended ending.

It makes sense considering the fact that the Midgar section of the original wasn’t CG heavy, either. In fact, the only two scenes in the original that were “full CG cutscenes” (aka, with realistically proportioned character models) was the opening and the motorcycle chase.

So Rebirth will surely have more.
Man, you really are Visual Works' #1 fan :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I love their work too, although these days I much prefer real-time over pre-rendered.

Every time a cutscene came on, it felt like a nice reward and landmark moment within the game's story.
Although I always dreamt that we'd one day be able to play a FF game with cutscene-tier graphics.
I love that the teams are pushing to close the gap between CGI and real-time in the mainline games with each new entry, thus fewer pre-rendered cutscenes.

This will probably end just after forgotten capital or just after with the first visit to the northern crater. That leaves a big chunk of disc 2 and all of disc 3 from the original for part.

They've already mentioned some things may get shuffled around so I also wouldn't be surprised if they save Rocket Town/Cid for part 3

Fredrik

Can any devoted Remake fan analyze this and say if the combat is the same here? I don’t remember the UI but see traces of turn based mechanics here, might be wishful thinking I guess, it all looks absolutely amazing anyhow, what a beast of a trailer to end the show 👌

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Four characters on stretchers but no Cloud in sight.

People aren't gonna like the narrative changes when Cloud turns heel or some shit and Zack takes his spot.

YukiOnna

From Kitase-P:

“We’re honored to bring Final Fantasy VII Rebirth to players around the world early next year,” said producer Yoshinori Kitase in a press release.

“In the next installment of this thrilling tale, Cloud and his friends—both new and returning—will embark on a new adventure, so all players can enjoy this story, even those without any familiarity with the previous title or the original Final Fantasy VII. The entire team has worked fervently with love and adoration for the world of Final Fantasy VII to deliver an unforgettable experience for new adventurers and longtime fans alike, reaching new heights of cinematic storytelling, immersive and fast-paced combat, and rich exploration across a vast world. We can’t wait to share more details later this year.

Nautilus

Banned
Can any devoted Remake fan analyze this and say if the combat is the same here? I don’t remember the UI but see traces of turn based mechanics here, might be wishful thinking I guess, it all looks absolutely amazing anyhow, what a beast of a trailer to end the show 👌
The first game was already a mesh between action and turn based combat. I don't get people's surprises here.

Yoboman

I thought they really nailed Midgard and the amount of content. I hope thos similarly nails the content but feeling a lot more open. Lots of hidden dungeons and cool side missions in the open world you can find organically. Please don't make the map feel linear

K2D

Banned
Four characters on stretchers but no Cloud in sight.

People aren't gonna like the narrative changes when Cloud turns heel or some shit and Zack takes his spot.
I'm guessing were seeing Sephiroth mind projections like what Cloud was shown right after the Midgar Headcourters tour cgi. Barret and Tifa fallen.

Or some twilight tinfoil theory with Zack and the other time line

Top Bottom