• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Preview: new recap vid for part 1, dynamic difficulty mode, characters, images

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I mean if your issue is that they changed story and it’s not 1:1 remake then you are going have the same problem with Rebirth.

They made it perfectly clear the FFVII Remake was not actual “remake”. That title was chosen for story reason.
I know they were making changes, I just wish the changes weren’t stupid.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is the recap video spoilery in any way if I only finished remake and never finished OG ?
Can't wait. 7 remake is one of the best games I've ever played. Need to replay soon

btw the screenhsots seem low res

Last edited:
So glad this is in. Always found it a bit frustrating how they'd keep limiting FF games to just normal in the first playthrough. The 7R combat system will shine with some more challenge.
I'm playing FF7 currently on Normal. I'm about 7hrs into the game and I don't even fully grasp the combat yet and I'm still breezing through with little challenge. Why the hell do gaming studios hide the hardest difficulty behind beating the game? I pretty much only play games once, especially a 40hr game like FF7. It's fucking complete bullshit. It seems like the combat in FF7 has depth to it, which makes it 10x more annoying

Go_Ly_Dow

Is the recap video spoilery in any way if I only finished remake and never finished OG ?
Can't wait. 7 remake is one of the best games I've ever played. Need to replay soon

btw the screenhsots seem low res
No spoils in the recap video. I've heard some mentions that apparently in Rebirth there'll be some new 17min CGI recapping the first part. Not sure if this is 100% confirmed yet.

Synless

I'm playing FF7 currently on Normal. I'm about 7hrs into the game and I don't even fully grasp the combat yet and I'm still breezing through with little challenge. Why the hell do gaming studios hide the hardest difficulty behind beating the game? I pretty much only play games once, especially a 40hr game like FF7. It's fucking complete bullshit. It seems like the combat in FF7 has depth to it, which makes it 10x more annoying
FF7 on normal mode has its share of difficulties as long as your not using guide to get you through it. My first playthrough saw multiple game over screens.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No spoils in the recap video. I've heard some mentions that apparently in Rebirth there'll be some new 17min CGI recapping the first part. Not sure if this is 100% confirmed yet.
does it explain remake ending? I know I don't understand but I think nobody is supposed to fully understand it

Go_Ly_Dow

does it explain remake ending? I know I don't understand but I think nobody is supposed to fully understand it
The 17min CGI? All we know is this so far and not 100% sure if its real.

As for the Remake ending, it makes more sense for those that have completed the original as it gives you an idea of what they're doing. If you have time then check out the original as its still great to play in 2023.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The 17min CGI? All we know is this so far and not 100% sure if its real.

As for the Remake ending, it makes more sense for those that have completed the original as it gives you an idea of what they're doing. If you have time then check out the original as its still great to play in 2023.

I never played original back in the day. I did got to it this year with mods and finished up to where remake ended... and it just felt like abridged version of remake.
So playing the original would spoil me on rebirth without any nostalgia I think, maybe

Brock2621

I haven't played FFVII remake yet, any version, is it the good time to get that going? I'm not too sure which version is what (I want to keep me spoilers free -- yes I played FFVII original one). Thanks!
They have a bundle where you get the first for free with preorder. Absolutely grab it and play when the cost is literally free

E-Cat

This has been my wallpaper on my PC in 1997 for months. It looked so amazing:
Vlyw0JN.jpg

now it has become this:
aNpM0So.jpg

can't wait :pie_starstruck:
I don't know anything about photoraphy, but to me the first pic seems much better compositionally.

Mercador

They have a bundle where you get the first for free with preorder. Absolutely grab it and play when the cost is literally free
Yeah, I'll do that when it will be announced for PC, I guess we'll see a similar bundle after PS5 launch for a release in the summer of next fall.

Top Bottom